Anonimo San Marco - Confused

Thread: Anonimo San Marco - Confused

Confused Anonimo San Marco - Confused

Could I avail on some of you Nino enthusiasts that know about these things.

I have seen a San Marco for sale, I have seen that its a first edition, a # out of 29. All the information I've read talks about 250 produced.

Does Anonimo do the similar production run per year like Panerai? Thanks for your help.
    Fashion fades but style remains.

Re: Anonimo San Marco - Confused

Yes, Anonimo makes their watches in limited production. There are at least 2 different versions of the San Marco out there. Also, Anonimo may only make 100 of the 250 they have on the watch, meaning they never actually finished the production run, but they can start it back up again to finish the run of watches. I used to have a San Marco, but I forget which number I had.
    Cheers,
    Rob

Keepers (for now):

PAM240J
    PAM285K

PAM305O
    PAM321L

PAM359M

Omega PO (2200.50.00)
    Omega PO (232.32.46.21.01.005)

Omega PO GoodPlanet GMT (232.30.44.22.03.001)
    Omega X-33 Gen2
    Omega Railmaster XXL

Sinn U2
    Sinn 857 UTC
    JeanRichard Terrascope (black)
    Anonimo Marlin (#11/198)
    Oris Aquis Ti
    Linde Werdelin The One (#10/88 black)
    Kobold LSD
    Seiko SBDD003
    Heroic18 M9600 LE Bronze

Aerospace Advantage E79362 (blue)
    Bathys Benthic Ti (black)
    Casio ProTrek (PAG-240)
    Suunto Core (regular red)
    Suunto Core (regular black)
    Suunto X10M
    Suunto X-Lander (Military)

Thanks, but I'm still a little at a loss why this particular watch is limited to 29 and others are limited to 250.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've seen the same with the Nautilo Bronze, with identical number runs. I was wondering the same thing...
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

I believe the low number of 29 for a run is consistent with their prototype run, where the actual production number, such as 012, is prefaced by a "P", as in P012/29. Sometimes this number is prefaced by something like "03-" to indicate that it was made in 2003 (or whatever year it was made in), so you may see some numbers as "03-P012/29" where the same watch (or similar) will later come out with a straight production number of something like "059/250."
    Less is More...

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    I believe the low number of 29 for a run is consistent with their prototype run, where the actual production number, such as 012, is prefaced by a "P", as in P012/29. Sometimes this number is prefaced by something like "03-" to indicate that it was made in 2003 (or whatever year it was made in), so you may see some numbers as "03-P012/29" where the same watch (or similar) will later come out with a straight production number of something like "059/250."
    Thanks, that clears up a lot.

Do these prototype models have a difference in value or quality from the normal production models or are they regarded equally. Reason I ask is, there are 2 versions of the same watch I am looking at, one being part of the 29 prototypes the other normal 250 production, they are the same price/condition ie new, what should I go for, or doesn't it really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by P019240 View Post
    Thanks, that clears up a lot.

Do these prototype models have a difference in value or quality from the normal production models or are they regarded equally. Reason I ask is, there are 2 versions of the same watch I am looking at, one being part of the 29 prototypes the other normal 250 production, they are the same price/condition ie new, what should I go for, or doesn't it really matter.
    There is little to no difference in the price or value if the watch is a prototype.

This is a copy of the PM I sent the OP:
    They often have cosmetic differences, so you have to look closely at the respective dials. Of course the prototypes are rarer, so to some people, they are more valuable. If the prototype has any kind of structural difference, such as a different crown configuration, they will be impossible to repair, as there will be no parts available. Usually however, they only differ on dial cosmetics, and in the case where both are new, both the same price, I personally would go for the regular run. If the cosmetics were unique (and appealing) on the prototype, then I would choose the prototype. Either way, you can't go wrong with a Marlin, however. Peter
    Less is More...

To all who responded to my question, many thanks.

Thread Information