Anonimo Watch Service: Stoll & Co or Abouttime
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anonimo Watch Service: Stoll & Co or Abouttime

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Anonimo Watch Service: Stoll & Co or Abouttime

My watch has been running slow lately so it seems about time to service it also. Both Stoll and Co and Abouttime have quoted me roughly a starting price of $500 to service and refinish the case. Which would be the place to go?

Re: Anonimo Watch Service: Stoll & Co or Abouttime

Stoll! reason explained in PM, sending...
    Last edited by whywatch9; May 20th, 2013 at 22:35.

Or any good watchmaker.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Stoll can be best trusted to handle the unique casing of Anonimos, so i would go with them.

Stoll
    Here today, here tomorrow...

Not sure what info you already have...but Stoll did all the US Warranty Service - they were great. I used them. I also believe they might have some 'basic' Anonimo parts in stock. AboutTime was one of the few well known Authorized Dealers in the USA, but assumed they sent their warranty work to Stoll? (Are they still AD's with direct communication to the brand?) In the end, would think Stoll did a lot more Anonimo repairs and are probably better equipped?

Thanks for everyone's reply, I will go with Stoll! Only thing that was strange was when I called them the lady said to just send them the watch with a note with my name and address and what service I want done. Seems like they do things very casual. Kind of weird to send a $4000 watch randomly to a store without any paper work and receipt.

Quote Originally Posted by panerainovice View Post
    Thanks for everyone's reply, I will go with Stoll! Only thing that was strange was when I called them the lady said to just send them the watch with a note with my name and address and what service I want done. Seems like they do things very casual. Kind of weird to send a $4000 watch randomly to a store without any paper work and receipt.
    That part surprised me as well. Then after I talked to a few other watch nuts, I realized thats just the current state of certain part of the industry, lack of up to date communication or customer service database and what not. Also, just like you mentioned, it's a 4k watch, liability becomes a big issue. If they created rules and regulations on how to send in your watch, then the chance of people taking advantage of that system becomes greater. Not that this should be the excuse of not finding out a better way to provide customer service, but that seems to be the reason.

I had to initiate almost all the contact and kept all the tracking info and insurance to protect myself. Other than that, the process went good.

One last note, if you expect them to do something, ask them and confirm. The word overhaul is often used and can be misleading from time to time. One particular experience was that my watch went under complete overhaul, but they failed to aligned the hands; and they were trying to say that I wanted a overhaul, but did not mentioned to them about the misaligned hands. I know how ridiculous this might sound, but did happen to me. If you like to take your watch diving, then ask them to pressure test the watch to the depth you intended.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by whywatch9 View Post
    That part surprised me as well. Then after I talked to a few other watch nuts, I realized thats just the current state of certain part of the industry, lack of up to date communication or customer service database and what not. Also, just like you mentioned, it's a 4k watch, liability becomes a big issue. If they created rules and regulations on how to send in your watch, then the chance of people taking advantage of that system becomes greater. Not that this should be the excuse of not finding out a better way to provide customer service, but that seems to be the reason.

I had to initiate almost all the contact and kept all the tracking info and insurance to protect myself. Other than that, the process went good.

One last note, if you expect them to do something, ask them and confirm. The word overhaul is often used and can be misleading from time to time. One particular experience was that my watch went under complete overhaul, but they failed to aligned the hands; and they were trying to say that I wanted a overhaul, but did not mentioned to them about the misaligned hands. I know how ridiculous this might sound, but did happen to me. If you like to take your watch diving, then ask them to pressure test the watch to the depth you intended.

Good luck!
    Thanks for the thorough explaination!

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    Or any good watchmaker.
    I brought mine to a supposedly good watchmaker and got the watch back with gouges on the case from the guy trying to remove the bezel. Then sent it to stoll and they had it back to me in less than 2 weeks.

What paperwork should stoll provide before you send it to them? Send it insured with a description of what you want, they will email you a quote shortly after they receive it. What else do you need?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast