Baselworld 2014???
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Baselworld 2014???

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Baselworld 2014???

Dare I ask...is anyone attending Baselworld this week?

I think we all have low expectations but I would much rather hear what a forum member has to report about the Anonimo presentation than have to simply rely on PR materials.

Anonimo are located in Hall 2, International Brands…in what looks like a B location (to be polite)…

http://www.baselworld.com/en-US/The-Show/HallFloorPlans.aspx

Re: Baselworld 2014???

Rob Caplan, of Topper Jewelers, a site sponsor, is attending, and has shown interest in Anonimo in the past, so I am sure if there is anything worth reporting, he will let us know.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

lol, no expectations from me....
    Cybotron likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Timefleas-

Thanks - if nothing else I hope some idependent bloggers venture past. It sounds like the big boys want to dominate is year (softer market)...3 floors and 1,500 sq meters of PP?

Evgeny is going as well, so hopefully he can provide us with some insight into what's going on with the brand...though I'm definitely not expecting anything to even remotely pique my interest.
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

Phunkey-Monkey…good to hear.

Yeah, I think I simply want to know if the final chapter has been written from our perspective.

The entire situation remains frustrating because many Anonimo fans had ideas which could have (should have) been listened to. Rebranding could commence with nothing more than one great new dive piece which grabbed the media attention. I would be excited if a designer had been found who could distill the essence of the original Anonimo…

I hope it is a good Baselworld but as noted above, I think the global market has softened to a degree and the larger companies will make a focused effort to consolidate their position. I think smaller, newer entities are going to find it very difficult to enter the market unless they have a unique and distinct character.

Hey guys, yes I will be going, most likely on Saturday. Not sure if I manage to get enough time to go to the Anonimo's booth, it is indeed located in a very low-grade part of the Exhibition populated mostly by fashion brands and el-cheapo mechanicals of questionable providence on display. Last year I was super keen to see the new "re-born" Collection so it did made sense to take a detour and see what was on offer from Anonimo but to be honest, by now I've lost all of my interest in the new company and their cretinous attitude to the customer and horrible designs are not warranting taking precious time off from Patek, Rolex, Glashutte etc:) I am also pretty much sure that they will also not have a single production model watch for inspection - will be same toy-like prototypes with crazy mismatching hands, no movements and above all, cased in those cheap Chinese shiny PVD cases that go for $50 a pop on fleabay and make even well-hardened watch connoisseur cringe in agony. Their site still littered with computer renderings so I see no chance of holding a real watch anytime soon. My guess is that they will try to pre-sell a certain # of units before commencing the production so their risk outlay is low, but good luck with that, I doubt they'd find anyone crazy enough to pre-order even a dozen of these "creations" just on pure pedigree of the watch, let alone those ridiculous price ranges that they want to sell these pieces for...
    Last edited by korneevy; March 25th, 2014 at 12:27.
    timefleas and drylee like this.

Korneevy –

Yes, I think the location is worse than last year and seems a strange place to position themselves (literally and figuratively). There isn’t too much else interesting in the vicinity.

Don’t worry about Anonimo too much…but if you see anything else from other brands that are outstanding, let us know. I am kind of curious to see what the likes of Rolex come up with this year, they have promoted the idea they are going to release some interesting models/variants...I think there will be a lot of press releases tomorrow.

Regardless, have yourself a great day on Saturday!!

i would love for someone to ask the Anonimo guys how they could abandon their customers and leave us with literally zero support, no replacement parts etc...

Quote Originally Posted by ericfeuer View Post
    i would love for someone to ask the Anonimo guys how they could abandon their customers and leave us with literally zero support, no replacement parts etc...
    I bet you they'd have a stack of copies of their "statement to our dear customers" off their Facebook page, which they'd hand out to everyone who enters their booth before even showing the watches;)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information