Baselworld 2015
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Baselworld 2015

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Baselworld 2015

Some great things about to be introduced at Basel. If anyone wants a personal appointment, please message me.

I'll post photos here after the embargo is lifted.

Re: Baselworld 2015

This will be THIRD Baselworld for Anonimo under new ownership. I remember Time Insider characterized the 2013 offerings by new Anonimo as a "rebirth" of the brand--but two years later and the brand has all the outward appearances of a stillbirth. I no longer place much trust or value on what is touted at Baselworld, with prototypes and promises, and look forward to the time when Anonimo forges back into the real world of commerce, with fine designs, reasonable prices, and quality service.
    Dhillon, Inq and dcfis like this.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

I second that. It' time for them to step up to the plate and take care of the needs of all Anonimo-owners when it comes to spare parts and service.
    My Militare has an ETA 7750, the new ones have Sellita 200-movements I'm told. The movements have many similarities, as I understand it. Many of the internal parts of the new Nimos displayed at Basel ought to be similar to parts in the older versions.

If Anonimo are producing new Militares, they must be making new parts that could be used in older Militares as well - I should think, but I'm not an exepert. Critical parts as the crown and crown pin, crystal, hands, crown lock mechanism etc, if the parts can be used in an older Militare, why not offer them to us for a price? Superficially there seemes to be the same basic design in both generations of the Militare. If Anonimo are offering new Militares to customers, a service channel has to be established. Accept service on the older versions of the watch as well, and you could gain some much needed respect.

That is, if Anonimo are manufacturing real watches in significant numbers, and not displaying only prototypes in Basel.
    Last edited by Futen; March 12th, 2015 at 22:30.
    Dhillon likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Fish or Cut Bait......Im not fishing....lol

Quote Originally Posted by mikemargolis View Post
    Some great things about to be introduced at Basel. If anyone wants a personal appointment, please message me.

I'll post photos here after the embargo is lifted.
    I'm pretty sure there is no embargo. You are the man to make the decision about what you post, so that embellishment is only in your head. It should be understandable at least from your perspective that it is not in your hands to handle the previous generations after-sales service. Try to empathize a bit. However, it wouldn't be a bad idea to post: a happy owner, a working watch, or pics of an actual collection available, that are not dummy watches. Especially of you are ever planning to sell any ever.

Or, you could just tip toe around like you've been doing like a big wimp. Whatever. I'll go buy a Panerai while I wait.
    Last edited by JayVeeez; March 15th, 2015 at 22:47.

Lol ....the whole thing around anonimo is plain nuts. It's almost like George Costanza from Seinfeld working on the Penske file. I honestly am still shocked that any employee related to anonimo is getting paid as it seems as if there is yet to be a single sold piece anywhere in the world. Who knows perhaps I'm wrong and it's just the stores I frequent, or the world wide Web I view that's unaware of the pieces being available.

I just don't understand why you guys have such venom towards Anonimo SA.

Without the new company, the old one would be out of business, as they went bankrupt.

The new company has points of sale, product being produced and being delivered to those points of sale, and product being sold out by those dealers.

We are working on being able to service Anonimo Firenze products through our After Sales Service department, depending on if we have availability of the needed part, in the batch of parts we purchased from Anonimo Firenze.

Anonimo SA is the only possible option for parts to repair your old watches from the old company which went bankrupt. Without the new company, you would truly be without an option.

Cut me a little slack here, I am trying to be a nice guy about this.

Or perhaps you'd prefer I leave and let you figure out how to get your watch serviced?

Mike, I truly hope that Anonimo does get back on its feet, does find a way to service their products, old and new, and does once again offer a great watch to the buying public. Most of what you perceive as a venomous response towards Anonimo SA is simply a reaction seasoned by experience--communication, visibility, and servicing all but stopped when the new ownership took over. In order to regain a foothold in the marketplace, and respect in forums such as this will not come easily, but gradually, over time, it will be earned, if deserved. I look forward to that point in time. In the mean time, of course there will be skeptics, naysayers, and the like--this reaction, too, was both earned, and deserved. I am sure most of us look forward to seeing Anonimo once again producing viable, unique, cutting edge watches as they once did. Best of luck.
    Last edited by timefleas; March 16th, 2015 at 16:26.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

No hate from my side but I do understand the scepticism and the lack of trust, especially because at first the NEW ANONIMO said there wouldn't be any parts/repairs on Vintage ANONIMO...Let's hope we will have that option.
    I for one am open and willing to listen to anything Mike has to say, so keep it up even though not everyone here shares the same opinion at the moment.
    Best regards,
    Guillermo

Current NIMO's

ANONIMO GLAUCO BRONZE /DRASS (bezel), black dial
    ANONIMO GLAUCO II BRONZE, black guilloche dial

others

Seiko Marinemaster MM300 SBDX001
    Seiko Marinemaster MM600 SBDB001

You posted and referred to an embargo.

Some of us have been at pains to point it does not exist and actually never did. As already noted, for all of us here this is the third (annual) go around concerning a Baselworld ‘re-launch’ for Anonimo SA.

One of the last things I posted was I would wait to see what collection was issued at Baselworld 2015.

I think you might be better served via a comprehensive posting rather than questioning (again) why most have a dubious take on the new company.

It would be great to see photographs of all Baselworld 2015 models, publicity materials, and a clear indication of corporate direction to be taken in the future concerning pre-existing customers (if any).

This could be posted in two days, opening day for Baselworld 2015.

Let the watches speak for themselves, one way or the other.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information