The current value of a NOS Anonimo
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: The current value of a NOS Anonimo

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

The current value of a NOS Anonimo

Kind of an interesting situation going right now on the bay. A long time and reputable gray market seller of Anonimo has put up more than a dozen "Historic" NOS Anonimo--all starting with a $.99 reserve. Offerings range from basic to Dino Zei to Professionale. What is interesting is that there are already a couple of Pros weighing in towards $2K, with five days of bidding still to go! (Why, oh why, does anyone make a bid five days before the end of an auction....?) That aside, I think the final sales prices might serve as a useful gauge for what the current market value on NOS Nimo is, and from that, offer something of a maximum ceiling of what a used one might sell for in this current day and age. We all know what we would like to get, but this should serve as a pretty accurate barometer of what the current market will bear. Check it out. No links here, following site regulations, but simply search "anonimo" on the bay...
    Last edited by timefleas; July 30th, 2014 at 09:53.
    Mediocre likes this.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

Re: The current value of a NOS Anonimo

Been keeping an eye on those myself..txs headsup.....and yeah...why bid 5 days before the end of an auction..Don't know why people do that...
    Best regards,
    Guillermo

Current NIMO's

ANONIMO GLAUCO BRONZE /DRASS (bezel), black dial
    ANONIMO GLAUCO II BRONZE, black guilloche dial

others

Seiko Marinemaster MM300 SBDX001
    Seiko Marinemaster MM600 SBDB001

Posible shill bidder ?? At one point, one user was bidding on multiple items...

I hope this is not the case, as they are apparently good dealer.
    :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Probably me!

If the auctions are sitting in the hundreds of dollars I often pop a minimum bid on just so ebay keeps me abreast of what's going on with the auction. I often don't check my watch list, but I do check my bid list.
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

I swear it feels like everyone is "abandoning ship."
    It has certainly been a long a steady decline, but it really feels like it has sped up these last 6 or so months.
    Wouldn't it be nice if the original Firenzi guys could buy it out and pull an '81 Harley Davidson move?
    Or some rich enthusiast buys the tools and dies along with the name and spends his inheritance on frivolity.
    Sounds good to me.
    Cheers!
    use it!

I agree there is definitely shill bidder on all these auctions. Bidder 958 is either a shill or a complete idiot.

Yup the prices are pretty low as of yesterday on most of them except the professionales. Which is also low for pro. They are dumping their stocks. I've always wondered how long can these dealers hold on to their inventory. And I have seen little to no action until now. Can this be the last?

Quote Originally Posted by bmwbruce View Post
    I agree there is definitely shill bidder on all these auctions. Bidder 958 is either a shill or a complete idiot.
    Good eye--I am afraid I have to agree--it appears TT is bidding on themselves-for every single Nimo listed. The end question is, will someone outbid the shilled pricelines?! Now, there's the real fool.

However, no one benefits from such a practice, certainly not us Anonimo enthusiasts--I encourage all readers to report these listings--very easy to do: First, click on "report item" in the mid right of the listing screen; then for "Report Category" choose "listing practices"; then, for "Reason", choose "fraudulent listing violations"; then, for "Detailed reason" choose "Seller is using other accounts to inflate item price"; finally, click on "send report"--the more people that do this, the more likely the bay will pay attention, and hopefully intervene--no one benefits from artificially inflated prices--there are far-reaching ramifications both on the bay and off. I reported all 11 or 12 listings.
    Last edited by timefleas; August 2nd, 2014 at 10:16.

Off Topic post Re: The current value of a NOS Anonimo

There are many watch sellers that use this practice 100% of the time on PeeBay. Just look at some of the regular, high volume sellers, be it Rolex or Casio matters not, and then look at the sold auctions. There you will see the same item numerous times listed as sold with high amounts of bids. This is the way they guarantee a minimum price without having a reserve. So my friends, this is no auction, but a sales tactic to try and lure some of us to bid when we had no interest before. There's nothing like seeing a watch you want for 15% of what it's worth. Then all of a sudden you get fixated and "must have it!" Not an unknown attribute to us WUSsies (lol).
    These items will be listed again if their minimum shill is not beat.
    I'm watching this on the sidelines.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    Good eye--I am afraid I have to agree--it appears TT is bidding on themselves-for every single Nimo listed. The end question is, will someone outbid the shilled pricelines?! Now, there's the real fool.

However, no one benefits from such a practice, certainly not us Anonimo enthusiasts--I encourage all readers to report these listings--very easy to do: First, click on "report item" in the mid right of the listing screen; then for "Report Category" choose "listing practices"; then, for "Reason", choose "fraudulent listing violations"; then, for "Detailed reason" choose "Seller is using other accounts to inflate item price"; finally, click on "send report"--the more people that do this, the more likely the bay will pay attention, and hopefully intervene--no one benefits from artificially inflated prices--there are far-reaching ramifications both on the bay and off. I reported all 11 or 12 listings.
    use it!

Quote Originally Posted by aaamax View Post

There are many watch sellers that use this practice 100% of the time on PeeBay. Just look at some of the regular, high volume sellers, be it Rolex or Casio matters not, and then look at the sold auctions. There you will see the same item numerous times listed as sold with high amounts of bids. This is the way they guarantee a minimum price without having a reserve. So my friends, this is no auction, but a sales tactic to try and lure some of us to bid when we had no interest before. There's nothing like seeing a watch you want for 15% of what it's worth. Then all of a sudden you get fixated and "must have it!" Not an unknown attribute to us WUSsies (lol).
    These items will be listed again if their minimum shill is not beat.
    I'm watching this on the sidelines.

Cheers!
    I actually haven't noticed any of the violations you have mentioned, but of the ones I am aware of, discussed above, I am pretty sure that passivity and rationalization aren't really all that productive strategies for affecting a solution.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information