deployment clasp

Thread: deployment clasp

deployment clasp

I am ordering a new strap for my militare and would also like to get a deployment for it.Will the same strap work with the standard buckle as well as the Anonimo deployment?What is the standard thickness for the deployment clasp?

Re: deployment clasp

The Kodiak strap will fit either the standard buckle or the deployant clasp--the thickness is the thickness of the strap that you have--I am guessing about 4mm to 4.5mm, without measuring. However, the Anonimo clasp at about $200 is not their greatest moment in design achievement. It is a rather odd configuration, where the same push button that releases the strap also releases the cover to the pin on the strap, meaning that if you aren't careful, the pin will dislodge from the strap. I have one Anonimo deployant, and would likely never buy another. I have a no-name deployant for a fifth the price of the Nimo which is at least as good, and a standard buckle on the third Nimo with a strap.
    Less is More...

Good feedback on the deployant clasp... may I ask where you ordered your clasp? Sounds like the Nimo is a little odd! I have the Wayfarer II with the Kodiak strap...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Deployment butterfly clasp from Modena just arrived. Cheap and works very well! Will post pics and a proper review soon.
    Rolex Explorer II 216570
    Panerai
    PAM 112
    Rolex Two-Tone Datejust
    Omega Constellation C-Shape Vintage
    Anonimo D-Date II
    Concord Impresario
    Seiko Sumo
    Casio MDV106

Here it is:

As you can see, it looks really good! It's a pain to setup because the Kodiak strap is pretty thick. Once done, deployment is a piece of cake!

With regards to fit, with this clasp, it's definitely more snug if you use the same hole as you would with the buckle that's because of two things: the clasp folds into a metal bar that sits between the strap and your wrist, second, the clasp sort of flattens the shape of the strap, ie. a more oval shape versus round for stock. If you make it looser by a hole, it's very loose. In other words, if they had a half setting this would be perfect.

Comfort-wise, I'd say this has a slight edge over the buckle (which has those sharp protrusions). But, again, due to the nature of the clasp, fitting may be an issue for some. If your wrists are more flat than round, then not much of a problem for you.

Pricing is excellent at less than a tenth the price of the Anonimo clasp (from amazon) AND it'll prolong the life of the Kodiak strap due to less wear and tear.
    Last edited by lorsban; May 10th, 2011 at 04:59.
    Rolex Explorer II 216570
    Panerai
    PAM 112
    Rolex Two-Tone Datejust
    Omega Constellation C-Shape Vintage
    Anonimo D-Date II
    Concord Impresario
    Seiko Sumo
    Casio MDV106

Thread Information