Difficult choice: MILITARE CHRONO, MILITARE FLYBACK/MILITARE ZULU TIME OXPRO??

Thread: Difficult choice: MILITARE CHRONO, MILITARE FLYBACK/MILITARE ZULU TIME OXPRO??

Difficult choice: MILITARE CHRONO, MILITARE FLYBACK/MILITARE ZULU TIME OXPRO??

Am able to purchase a MILITARE CHRONO and/or MILITARE ZULU TIME OXPRO at the same price...The mark up for the MILITARE FLYBACK is negligible... Basically all different watches with same case construction though...I currently own a GLAUCO BRONZE and a steel ARGONAUTA....MILITARE handwind is also an option but for a few $$ more the ZULU time is more attractive (complicationwise)...Maybe I should get 2 of them? ZULU and FlYBACK and MILITARE handwind? All watches are NEW and priced below anything in the market.....
    Appreciate any input...
    Best guillermo

Re: Difficult choice: MILITARE CHRONO, MILITARE FLYBACK/MILITARE ZULU TIME OXPRO??

The key here is the functions--which do you need most? Certainly we can't know your needs.

The Zulu is great if want to keep tabs on two time zones--do you have a need for that? For example, I have a daughter that lives in a different part of the world, so I suppose I could say that the function would be useful, but actually my brain can still compute the time difference, so even I don't need that function. Also,the Zulu used aftermarket resale value is very low, so not a great investment if resale down the line is part of the game. The chrono function addresses completely different needs--do you have a real need to time things, or, are you trying to think of things that you might time (such as walking your dog, cooking an egg...)--if the latter, you likely don't need the chrono (I consider the flyback and the chrono equivalent). I think most people who own chronos don't use the stop watch functions very often, just as most people who own high end divers don't actually dive all that often. Of the three, I would suggest the Militare handwind--the best looker of the bunch (simpler dial), has the Anonimo-specific unique case--but that's based on what I consider good, which is likely not similar to what you or most other members identify with. I would rank them in the following order: Militare manual first, Militare chrono second, Zulu last. Good luck.
    Peter
    Last edited by timefleas; February 4th, 2012 at 12:57.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

Re: Difficult choice: MILITARE CHRONO, MILITARE FLYBACK/MILITARE ZULU TIME OXPRO??

chalk up an ibid to timefleas post. presuming we're talking about black faces for all three pieces? regardless, if we're leaving functionality aside and talking exclusively cosmetics, the zulu time is far too busy a face for me. i prefer simplicity and symmetry. the chrono and manual wind are both super sharp in my opinion, so a toss up for me. (in the form of a disclaimer, the 2010 militare automatico is still my one and only timepiece.) because i've seen far more chronos (there are usually about a dozen at any given time on ebay), i'd go with the manual wind. whatever you choose, enjoy it! best of luck... jk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

For me, I would order them as follows:

1. Flyback
    2. Chrono
    3. Zulu
    4. Manual

I prefer the Flyback and Chrono aesthetically over all other Militares in the range. I also really like the look of the Manual, but would prefer an automatic personally. It's not a deal breaker though so it would be a tough choice between 3 and 4 if given the option.

Either way, it's a good problem to have
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

Thread Information