drass
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jebhut
  • 1 Post By phunky_monkey

Thread: drass

drass

got a wayfarer II incoming has the drass finish
    want to know how it holds up? duz it scratch easy?

Re: drass

I had a similar Wayfarer II with the Drass finish.

In short, it is the best dark finish out there in my humble opinion. I had no issues with scratches from daily wear and found it to be very durable. After six months it looked like new.

It is not a dark black like PVD or DLC, but is more durable. I myself enjoyed the dark grey look and matte finish.

Had a Drass Cronoscopio...cool finish, loved the color (in between an aged titanium like my old Breitling Chrono Avenger, and one of the black platings). But like any 'coating', don't want to 'nick' it (especially with a screwdriver changing straps!)...you might see the silver stainless underneath. But, think it holds up to wear and scratches better though...didn't wear it enough to see it, but heard even with hard use, eventually develops a cool worn look that works with the wear and scratches (vs a plating with stark scratches and nicks standing out against the black (we've all had those))
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stonechild likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I found it to be quite durable, and didn't manage to put a scratch on my old Millemetri Drass in my time of ownership, though admittedly that wasn't all that long! It had previous marks on the case when I purchased it, but I was aware of at least one time where I scraped it on a metal char and no damage was done. I was definitewly a lot more confident in it than I ever was with previous PVD watches (which I will not purchase again). For the record I would definitely purchase another Drass item.

Pics below of marks on case from the previous owner:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stonechild likes this.
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

thanx for the replies guys
    it should be here by the end of the week coming from topper post pics soon as i can

Thread Information