I am in the market for a chronograph and three Anonimo chrono models have cxaught my eye:
1) Militare Chrono 2007 SS
2) Militare Chrono Drass 2007 DR
3) Militare Chrono Flyback 2016
I have a few questions about these models and some of the Anonimo technologies used in them:
- Drass Finish: I understand this to be a multi-step oxidation process using acids to treat the surface of the steel followed by bead blasting. I am wondering about scatching of the surface. I know it it hardens the surface but I have seen DLC, PVD and tegimented finishes all scatch. I would like to hear owners experiences if possible.
- Kodiak Straps: I understand this to be a wax impregnated calf skin. I am interested in a watch that I can wear swimming. Will these hold up or am I better of with a Dynax black fabric strap?
- Clasps: Can anyone speak to the quality of their folding clasps vs. a standard tang clasp? Do the deployants operate with a release button of just friction?
- Lume: Do these Anonimos use C3 superluminova?
- General Quality: Can you speak to the quality of the movements, case, dial, straps, service etc. by this brand? These watches are not inexpensive at $6900, $7,400 and $7,850. I always hear about the cases, but nothing more.
- Other: I see that the flyback (aside from having a flyback mechanism) has a different pusher design, finer indices on the chapter ring. a lumed chrono second hand, and a display case back. Are there other differences?