Finding a used Anonimo here: Where should I look?

Thread: Finding a used Anonimo here: Where should I look?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finding a used Anonimo here: Where should I look?

Apologies for the novice question. I'm in the market for a used Millimetre or possibly some other model ( 42 or 44mm, $1000 - 1500 ±) and I'm not entirely sure where to look. (box and papers are not necessary if it's a respected seller).

I used the search feature, but I seem to stumble on postings rather than properly or systematically find them; and I looked under the "WTT" forum, but I'm not sure this is a trade so much as an out-and-out purchase (unless someone wants my Xemex world timer automatic for $350 towards an Anonimo).

Could someone kindly direct me to the right spot, or instruct me on how to make better use of this vast but exciting community?

With thanks and regards,

Derek
    PS. As I'm new here and have no "street cred", please note I'm dbmroman on ebay with a 100% buyer record.
    ______
    Best and most often worn: Rolex GMT Master II
    Favorite design: Bedat & Co. No. 8 Ref 888 (silver dial)
    Most sentimental: Baume Mercier Capeland chrono on aftermarket croc. strap. Has timed big moments …
    Latest sale (bye …): Magrette Bronze on Kain Heritage.
    Beater: Seiko SKA427 (BFK) in black (Grrrrr …)
    Incoming
    : Anonimo Millemetri, black face

Re: Finding a used Anonimo here: Where should I look?

Under Sales Forums, on the main forum page scroll down to "Private Sellers & Sponsors". There is usually 1 or 2 floating around on there!

Toppers is a sponsor here so you can check out their site for pre-owned, Topper Jewelers. Authorized Dealers of Omega, Ball, Bremont, Zenith, Glashütte Original, Tacori, Marco Bicego and many more

Talk to Rob @ Toppers, he knows his Anonimo's and is awesome to work with. Plus you get a one yr warranty on pre-owned items. I bought a 10th Ani Polluce bronze from him, found out it had a crown issue and Toppers took care of it via Stoll and Co. Could not be happier with both their service.

I don't work for them but have bought from them many times....So just providing you with other options assuming you don't find anything in the FS section here on WUS.

/Amer

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks. I'll look in both places.

D.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner
    ______
    Most sentimental: Baume Mercier Capeland chrono on aftermarket croc. strap. Has timed big moments …
    Incoming

Hit watchrecon.com daily and you'll see a ton of em & of course also have an Anonimo saved search working on the bay

Thanks, everyone. I found one being sold by A. Young here at WUS. Waiting for the tracking number to appear in my email at the moment. A black face with the black Kodiak strap — though I'm looking to Kain Heritage for a tan or honey one as I stopped diving years ago.

Its very exciting! I really feel as though all the planets line up with this model for me. All the care and attention to the design and production one would expect from watches far more expensive; a very reliable ETA movement adjusted to 4 positions, and which makes a lovely sound; and at $1100 it's probably near the bottom of its depreciation in any case. So while I expect this to be a "keeper", it is a low-risk purchase as I'm certain I could flip it for the same money later.

Haven't been this excited since I settled on the Bedat No. 8, ref 888 as my dress(y) watch, and I've never been happier (with watches).

Thanks, all!

d.
    ______
    Incoming

Big congrats. Don't forget to show us some pics. Yopu bought yourself an incredible watch at a rediculous price. Case finishing and detail on ANONIMO's are the best. Best regards guillermo

I'm in norway and its going to Boston where I'll have to pick it up in january. Nothing to do about it except look for cool straps. Always nice to have something to look forward to.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner
    ______
    Incoming

Guess I'm a few days too late. Was going to offer up my Deep Blue D-Date on bracelet.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mnpul8d/sets/

:thanks

Current collection:
    Anonimo D-Date Deep Blue 025/199
    Anonimo D-Date black dial
    Kobold Spirit Of America arctic blue

Quote Originally Posted by d-rock View Post
    Thanks, everyone. I found one being sold by A. Young here at WUS. Waiting for the tracking number to appear in my email at the moment. A black face with the black Kodiak strap — though I'm looking to Kain Heritage for a tan or honey one as I stopped diving years ago.

Its very exciting! I really feel as though all the planets line up with this model for me. All the care and attention to the design and production one would expect from watches far more expensive; a very reliable ETA movement adjusted to 4 positions, and which makes a lovely sound; and at $1100 it's probably near the bottom of its depreciation in any case. So while I expect this to be a "keeper", it is a low-risk purchase as I'm certain I could flip it for the same money later.

Haven't been this excited since I settled on the Bedat No. 8, ref 888 as my dress(y) watch, and I've never been happier (with watches).

Thanks, all!

d.
    Sounds like a great pickup....congrats!

If anyone else is selling a black faced Anonimo Militare, please message me. I am interested in picking one up.
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information