The future of Anonimo''s Firenze-heritage watch-making?
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: The future of Anonimo''s Firenze-heritage watch-making?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The future of Anonimo''s Firenze-heritage watch-making?

Now that our space will be devoted to historic Anonimo, I would love to get any news, opinions, or maybe even develop a plan from us collectors, to gain a sense of what will now happen with our beloved watch makers in Firenze. If there is any hope of a future for the true Italian watch we love, I say let's start talking about here.

- What will the Ambuchis now do and can we spur or inspire them (or others) to start a new brand to continue the tradition?

- Dino Zei is probably retiring at this point, but I can't help to dream that someone might pick up that line as a distinct brand. So I wonder if its worthwhile to make contact with Zei himself?

- What about the current, dedicated ADs? Will they sell the new crap Anonimo? Would love to hear from ADs about their plans.

- Can any of our collectors or long-time ADs reach out to the folks in Firenze to get a sense of any future plans?

- Should we nominate Nelson as our director of community outreach to bridge the gap between the collector community and perhaps the Ambuchis?

- Is it even worthwhile to reach out to our favorite watchmakers in Firenze?

All this might be wishful thinking on my part, but please do share your thoughts...
    Last edited by StefB; April 30th, 2013 at 04:23.

Re: The future of Anonimo's Firenze heritage watch-making?

I have an idea.

I haven't said a whole lot aboit this issue, and mostly agree the new owner prototypes would look better with poop on them. Yuck, they suck, except the dual time. I think the new dual time is great, but truly cannot draw a firm opinion based on the bad pics and renderings.

Moving right along, is there any way, within Intermational laws to get the Dino Zei name back? Perhaps we could reach out to him, and if he was interested maybe we could go from there, possibly with a collaboration with Federico (if he was willing) pressing the true intention of the brand. Just some collaborative thought...

Federico, with or without Mr. Zei, do you have any thoughts to share? Heck, dumping Dino Zei would suck, but even the Massacesi brand sounds good! There are options right now. Clearly, this is not like other forums that have failed. Any thoughts for any future passion for the brand???

I still have some.
    StefB and whywatch9 like this.

I have a thought. Mr. Federico needs to dump his crap brand Full Carbon and buy Anonimo back from the Swiss Morons that wrecked the brand in the first place and get Mr. Zei back in the game and make some watches in Italy again.
    StefB and JayVeeez like this.
    1. Anonimo Cronoscopio Mark II TruBlu LE
    2. Ball Trainmaster Cleveland Express
    3. Ball Trainmaster Moon Light Special LE
    4. Habring2 Chrono Sport Valjoux 7733 Manual Movement LE
    5. Longines Master Collection Manual Movement
    6. Muhle Glashutte 29er Big
    7. Omega Speedmaster Professional Moon Watch
    8. RGM 250
    9. Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Quartz
    10. Tissot SeaStar 1000 Chronograph Diver
    11. Tissot SeaStar 1000 Powermatic 80 (new version)
    12. Tudor Black Bay Bronze
    13. Victrinox INOX Titanium

USED TO OWN
    1. Azimuth Jagdbomber 47mm
    2. Tutima Grand Classic
    3. Tag Heuer Links Chronograph
    4. Zenith Chronomaster T
    5. Chronoswiss Lunar Triple Date
    6. Baume and Mercier Classima Chronograph 8692
    7. Ball Trainmaster Cannonball Express White Dial

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hel
    Last edited by Anderic; May 2nd, 2013 at 17:28.

very nice but things are not so romantic as they seem to be
    all exclusive rights are probably with the new owners
    if you can bypass this no investor is willing jump into that kind of adventure
    management of early years and after did succeed to create but not to do business
    knowing that, would you put money where your mouth is?

I agree, not so easy but its great to see such passion for the brand...
    Best regards,
    Guillermo

Current NIMO's

ANONIMO GLAUCO BRONZE /DRASS (bezel), black dial
    ANONIMO GLAUCO II BRONZE, black guilloche dial

others

Seiko Marinemaster MM300 SBDX001
    Seiko Marinemaster MM600 SBDB001

just a thought. if the new owners wanted to cut tie between the current line up and the historic nimos, such as stop honoring the old warranty and providing parts for the older models, do they have the rights to stop others from trading the historic anonimos, manufacturing spare parts, and providing services?

We might be able to come in from a service aspect of things and prolong the life of all the existing nimos. We can also provide a trading platform for the historic nimos, hell, there are still plenty of NOS out there. By doing things this way, people do not need to quit their day job in the beginning, because we'll just use the resources that we have. For instance, Nelson's watchmaker seems to be able to do excellent job on refinishing his bronze case. If he is willing to vouch for his watchmaker publicly, then it's good for me. When did anonimo ever offer bronze refinishing? Think about the possibility in that.

Although I have no idea whether this will run into the "all exclusive rights" of the new anonimo or not, I believe it's the consumer's right to keep his watch collection alive.

As i'm writing this, I can sort of see a even bigger business plan...

Guys, I do believe that the new ownership has all irrevocable IP rights over Anonimo designs and manufacturing now how, that's the point as to why one would dream up such an acquisition. I think in its scope, it is similar to that of Vendome buying off the broke, loss-making arm of Panerai that had issued may be 300-400 watches all up in the years preceding the sale (look at them now...and all that marketing that is paying off handsomely for Richemond!). So while the new owners are probably not as deep-pocketed as Richemond by a long shot, they will come after anyone stealing their IP with vengeance (and I'd do the same if I were trying to get my business off the ground). So dont think there is much hope it re-using the old designs as such, unfortunately. On a positive (if you can call it that) note, and after seeing the new line up in flesh on Sunday, I am pretty much sure they will struggle to sell big time...so worse comes to worse, they either go belly up or decide to re-issue the old stuff may be next year or one after next:))))
    StefB and DDD3333 like this.

Re: The future of Anonimo''s Firenze-heritage watch-making?

I wonder what their minimum order is for a special order? Wouldn't it be cool to have an anonimist special?

I'm sure the case company has a few designs we can choose from.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    StefB likes this.
    Rolex Explorer II 216570
    Panerai
    PAM 112
    Rolex Two-Tone Datejust
    Omega Constellation C-Shape Vintage
    Anonimo D-Date II
    Concord Impresario
    Seiko Sumo
    Casio MDV106

Re: The future of Anonimo''s Firenze-heritage watch-making?

Quote Originally Posted by lorsban View Post
    I wonder what their minimum order is for a special order? Wouldn't it be cool to have an anonimist special?

I'm sure the case company has a few designs we can choose from.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    50 pieces used to be the minimum needed to have a special edition from Anonimo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information