GLAUCO BRONZE New dial!
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: GLAUCO BRONZE New dial!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GLAUCO BRONZE New dial!

OLD Version!!!

NEW Version!

Personally I am leaning more to the cleaner look of the newer version...but then again..I also like the OLD one...Maybe cleaner becuase the absence of the red indices...What do you guys think?
    Best guillermo
    tevj likes this.

Re: GLAUCO BRONZE New dial!

I like the Glauco, new and old, but for both, including the white dial old version, I really don't like the pastel/baby blue main accent color--wished they used a more dynamic combination.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

imho, the OLD version with the blue/red indices 'flows' much better than the NEW 'cleaner' look.
    the '6' on the NEW seems out of place to me. it's the only arabic numeral on the face, it's a tick mark everywhere else. i believe the OLD executed this aspect better.

the guilloche pattern on the dial of the NEW is a very nice touch.
    imho, the anonimo logo at 7.30h is the most ideal placement. i don't know if this is the only model that does this.

overall - OLD for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Old for me. Other than the textured dial on the new, I think it doesn't work as well and certainly does not have the unique character of the old version.

...and same goes for me! I do like the guilloche touch on the dial, which looked stunning in person on my old Nautilo, but overall I prefer the design of the older model.
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

I'll vote new dial. Looks stunning and the textured dial looks magnificent!

I just had the true pleasure of buying an Argonauta with the similar colourway to the older Glauco - black dial, white writing, blue hands and red markers. It is stunning in person and at times bright, at others subtle, but it all seems to fit perfectly with the brushed/polished case.

That said I think I prefer the newer dial for the Glauco...I like the quieter dial with the bronze.

However, I am not sure how I am feeling about the on-going "bronze age" period everyone is now striking out on. The cases and details seem great when new, then in the first throws of transition. However, I am not really sure of the long term results (personally I would try to give direction to the patina via chemical treatments...apparently you can direct them towards green, brown or black). I think with certain styles, the effect is positive...heavy duty divers for one (I am trying to bag a bronze Helson) but not for all. I just saw a Bulgari in bronze (I believe) and it looked very odd, contrived even with the style of the watch and Bulgari's type of customer. Has it really resonated that mainstream?

Wouldn't it be interesting to start a thread specific to the long-term patinas developed by bronze watch cases and have WUS members post photos of the results?

Couldn't agree with you more!

I would love to see a thread about long-term patina issues. From what I've seen, the bronze Polluces seem to work better with age, but the more muscular Dino Zei cases in bronze do not seem to work as well aesthetically over time. At least from what I've seen thus far.

It would be great to see more pics of bronze Anonimos with long-term (over a year?) patina. I think some will look alot better than others, based on case type, dial color, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD3333 View Post
    I just had the true pleasure of buying an Argonauta with the similar colourway to the older Glauco - black dial, white writing, blue hands and red markers. It is stunning in person and at times bright, at others subtle, but it all seems to fit perfectly with the brushed/polished case.

That said I think I prefer the newer dial for the Glauco...I like the quieter dial with the bronze.

However, I am not sure how I am feeling about the on-going "bronze age" period everyone is now striking out on. The cases and details seem great when new, then in the first throws of transition. However, I am not really sure of the long term results (personally I would try to give direction to the patina via chemical treatments...apparently you can direct them towards green, brown or black). I think with certain styles, the effect is positive...heavy duty divers for one (I am trying to bag a bronze Helson) but not for all. I just saw a Bulgari in bronze (I believe) and it looked very odd, contrived even with the style of the watch and Bulgari's type of customer. Has it really resonated that mainstream?

Wouldn't it be interesting to start a thread specific to the long-term patinas developed by bronze watch cases and have WUS members post photos of the results?

Wink Re: GLAUCO BRONZE New dial!

Quote Originally Posted by StefB View Post
    Old for me. Other than the textured dial on the new, I think it doesn't work as well and certainly does not have the unique character of the old version.
    Ditto! Personally, I prefer the older Anonimos over most new ones....The new watches just aren't quite as...well...Anonimous any more.
    phunky_monkey likes this.
    "Time wounds all Heels"......Wacky Plax...circa 1959.

@StefB

...yeah, perhaps this weekend we should start a thread re Anonimos with bronze cases that have had several years to develop their patina. I think it should also include other brands so am not sure that posting it in a general forum might be better (with an emphasis on Anonimo).

I think the majority of WUS members have been intigued by bronze for a long while, however, the shots I come across always seem to be newish watches which have yet to 'weather' much. By and large they remain attractive...but then once in a while I find the odd, older shot where frankly the hue seems dull and unattractive.... I couldn't help but think I would have preferred a steel version. In one sense I would like to 're-persuaded' that the end-run patina is still really attractive.

Afterall, owning a bronze edition is something of a very expensive experiment...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information