Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By timefleas
  • 1 Post By avalvo
  • 2 Post By korneevy
  • 3 Post By StefB
  • 1 Post By torromoto

Thread: Has it been long enough?

Has it been long enough?

So...we all know that the Anonimo that we all loved is long gone. And despite what we all have hoped for, longed for, and wanted - they are not coming back. Thus the only connection is the old watches, DVDs, books, and other random paraphernalia we may have amassed while they were still going strong. I sincerely regret flipping my Anonimo's now, and am so happy that I kept my original Millemetri- my first grail, and the watch that started my whole obsession. Doubly special because it was also a birthday gift from the wife. So it's been a while now, and I wonder if the angst has died down at all, and if maybe, just maybe, someone here has picked up one of the newer versions? Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Has it been long enough?

Would be nice to see some reviews on the newer ones
    Do something exceptionally mediocre today

I dumped my 10 or so watches and then recently picked up 1 legacy piece here. I think the new ones are simply ugly so its a no go for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

While I miss one or two of the Anonimos that I used to own, I no longer actually like large watches, so likely would not buy one of the ones I miss even if offered at a great price. (For me, it is one of those things that you don't understand until you have grown through it, like long hair, beards, paisley shirts, and whatever else was passing fancy in the day.)

As for the new incarnation, I do not consider the new, albeit floundering, company to have any real relationship with the original company, so would never give even a moment's thought towards purchasing a "new" model.
    jeremydw likes this.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

I have three that I will never sell: a, 6002, and two Chronoscopios. I get great looks and complements every time I wear them. The case work was just awesome. Eventually, they will be cult classics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
    JayVeeez likes this.

Has it been long enough?

I've long moved to Blancpain, Breguet, JLC, IWC and (o, horror!) 1970s Rolex in classic sizes (38-40 mm max). I still have a Panerai (it's been sitting on a watch winder for over 12 months, prob time to part ways...) and a classic Nimo Millimetri (worn it once in 6 months, so the jury is out there..). Big watches do feel weird after not wearing them everyday, plus my new job requires wearing a suit every day so all of the sudden, having a slim, classy watch is so much easier to wear and pair with clothes that makes me wonder how did I manage all those years with these 44+mm monsters, haha. I guess it is called evolution and growing up, but the trend is definitely reversing and that's creating quite a bit of issue for companies who've created a market for over-sized stuff in the first place, yes I am looking at you, Mr. Bonati and Panerai. These guys haven't had a good run in the past two years, and comparatively worse in relation to their peer brands within Richemont and across other groups. A sign of times, perhaps, but I don't see myself selling my Anonimo - it is a fun, unusual watch from an off-brand never seen in public anymore, and plus I wont get much for it anyways, so it's a keeper, I guess....
    Last edited by korneevy; August 11th, 2016 at 04:07.
    jeremydw and timefleas like this.

At one point I owned over a dozen and loved them all. i would actually still like to acquire a couple more (or get back in my collection), because even after my own evolution in collecting, wearing, etc, I still love original Anonimos and feel many of their best models are standing the test of time.

Quote Originally Posted by StefB View Post
    At one point I owned over a dozen and loved them all. i would actually still like to acquire a couple more (or get back in my collection), because even after my own evolution in collecting, wearing, etc, I still love original Anonimos and feel many of their best models are standing the test of time.
    Could not agree more with this last statement, "feel many of their best models are standing the test of time". Could absolutely kick myself for trimming my collection down to only one )(Millemetri). Now I'm on the hunt looking to reacquire some I never should have sold in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremydw View Post
    Could not agree more with this last statement, "feel many of their best models are standing the test of time". Could absolutely kick myself for trimming my collection down to only one )(Millemetri). Now I'm on the hunt looking to reacquire some I never should have sold in the first place.

Seems like a few of us may be doing the same.

I'll never sell my Mille' Japanese LE, nor my Polluce. Still wouldn't mind picking up another Pro Crono and a San Marco Bronze at some point either as even after all this time nothing else really appeals in the same way Anonimo does.
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

I still have 3....simply fantastic looking pieces...not ever considered selling...

Guillermo
    JayVeeez likes this.
    Best regards,
    Guillermo

Current NIMO's

ANONIMO GLAUCO BRONZE /DRASS (bezel), black dial
    ANONIMO GLAUCO II BRONZE, black guilloche dial

others

Seiko Marinemaster MM300 SBDX001
    Seiko Marinemaster MM600 SBDB001

Thread Information