help! i need to replace the crystal on my militare and stoll & co. doesn't have the part...

Thread: help! i need to replace the crystal on my militare and stoll & co. doesn't have the part...

help! i need to replace the crystal on my militare and stoll & co. doesn't have the part...

hey fellas,

good afternoon from the right coast. hate to be that guy that sweeps in and out only when in need, but after finally resolving https://forums.watchuseek.com/f16/my-...ry-675565.html , my beloved miltare is ready to move from "evidence" back to attracting an "audience". :o).

i contacted jess at stoll & co. and, despite being incredibly helpful (as always), she advised that they have been out of touch with anonimo since mid-year and she has no access to the factory (from what i gather, no defunct) or parts.

does anyone by chance have a lead on a new crystal for my anonimo miltare automatico 2010? nelson? any chance there'd be value in contacting scott moskowitz? any other ideas as to where i might find parts stock?

for pics immediately after the accident, see the link to the old thread above. here are a few shots of how it appears today:

Name:  militare #1.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  92.8 KBName:  militare #2.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  69.2 KBName:  militare #3.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  97.9 KB

any help would be much appreciated. jump on the thread or feel free to pm me. until then...

jct111

Re: help! i need to replace the crystal on my militare and stoll & co. doesn't have the part...

Basically you need to unscrew the bezel turning it anticlockwise..Not sure it will be easy as the crystal is out. I unscrewed one using a soft ball, plcing it on the crystal and by turning it. Obviously that won't work for you so, find a way to unscrew the bezel. Any watchmaker can meausure and order a new crystal..They could even make one for you..Maybe one of our members has a digital measuring device to tell you how large the crystal really is..
    Best regards,
    Guillermo

Current NIMO's

ANONIMO GLAUCO BRONZE /DRASS (bezel), black dial
    ANONIMO GLAUCO II BRONZE, black guilloche dial

others

Seiko Marinemaster MM300 SBDX001
    Seiko Marinemaster MM600 SBDB001

Thread Information