Help with sourcing a Professionale bracelet

Thread: Help with sourcing a Professionale bracelet

Help with sourcing a Professionale bracelet

Hi everyone,

I have been living in Thailand for the past few years and I've had my Professionale for about a year now. The rubber strap is the only thing that I've outgrown in regards to the watch and now it's time to move to a bracelet! I was wondering if anyone could point me to a reliable source in the US for a Professionale bracelet. I have no preference new or used but I prefer one in good condition with the micro-adjustments.

I'm leaning towards US sources because I will be states side middle to end of July and it would be more convenient for me to have it delivered to me there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Worse come to worst if I'm unable to get one during my trip I will probably need to have it shipped to me in Thailand. I love this watch to death and I'm going to treat my baby to a new pair of shoes.

Best,
    Nathan

Re: Help with sourcing a Professionale bracelet

Rob at Topper (Burlingame, CA) or About Time (Dana Point, CA) should be good places to start. I did see one on the 'Bay' not too long ago (asking $850).

Best of luck in your search.

How different are professional bracelets to the ones on the Millemetri?
    Rolex Explorer II 216570
    Panerai
    PAM 112
    Rolex Two-Tone Datejust
    Omega Constellation C-Shape Vintage
    Anonimo D-Date II
    Concord Impresario
    Seiko Sumo
    Casio MDV106

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here's Timefleas's thread comparing the 2 bracelets.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f16/ste...ew-536790.html

Thank you for the recommendations. If anyone else has any other recommendations I'd appreciate them being voiced. I have about 20 days to keep looking before I pull the trigger. In the meantime I'll get a quote from Rob since I'll be near the area. Any used ones anyone wants to let go? My watch is well used and a brand spanking new bracelet on it might take some time to get accustomed to.

i'm near (more to the south of) Rob's. let me know in advance if you want to meet up so i can free up my calendar. i've never met an anonimista from here in the WUS forums in person before, and i think it would be cool to do so.

lorsban, i will be in your neck of the woods sometime later this year. it would be cool to meet you in person as well.

Revangel, thanks for advice and invitation! Unfortunately I'll be in SF for only a few days and transportation will be an issue. My schedule is a little packed and I'd feel bad rushing things. And since no one from Toppers has responded to my inquiry I doubt I'll actually be making a day trip down south anymore. I guess About Time is my only option. I've exchanged emails with them in the past and they've been great but I wanted a local source to peruse while shopping.

no worries.. i'm a bit surprised that Toppers haven't yet responded to your inquiry. best of luck on your search.

The only bracelet that will fit on the Professionale is the one that is specifically made for it--somewhere in the neighborhood of $1200 actual cost, maybe more, at your AD (such as Rob's, though of course a direct contact would tell you exactly how much). The problem is that the case has a case screw between the lugs on either side, so the bracelet needs to have a slight cutout on the end piece, on each side, to fit over that screw. I have been told that even if you were able to get a cheaper Millemetri bracelet, you cannot buy the Professionale end pieces separately, though there is one frequent contributor here who can possibly find these for between $200 and 400 (just for end pieces!). Another solution is that a professional watch technician can make these slight cut outs on a Mille bracelet, and save a few dollars--I had it done for one bracelet. The short of it is, there is no "source" that will get you a cheaper bracelet, unless you find one used, and likely it would not be a Professionale bracelet but a Mille (which you could then have adapted). If you must have a bracelet for your Professionale, be prepared to spend over a $1000 for it. Personally, I think the SS bracelet is the only way to go on the Professionale, so I would simply factor in the cost when purchasing the watch, or look for one with a bracelet already on it. You don't have to visit Rob in order to see what he has, or what he can do--just contact him (PM) through the forum. Good luck!
    Peter
    Here today, here tomorrow...

Peter, your pictures were a great inspiration for me. I've been toying with the idea for a while but was unsure because of the yellow dial. But you've dispelled any reservations I had. I couldn't agree more that the bracelet gives the watch a completely different presence. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Cheers,
    Nathan

Thread Information