Hex key size for San Marco and Marlin?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hex key size for San Marco and Marlin?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Confused Hex key size for San Marco and Marlin?

Hey all,

I've been to two hardware stores and a hobby shop today in search of a hex key to fit the lugs of my San Marco with no luck. Can anyone confirm the size for me so I can order some online? Or can someone suggest a good kit that would include them?

Thanks!

Dane
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

Re: Hex key size for San Marco and Marlin?

You planning on doing a little watch surgery D?
    Cheers,
    Christopher

Current
    :
    Omega Speedmaster - LE Apollo Soyuz
    Omega PO

No more watches for a while for me !

Quote Originally Posted by phunky_monkey View Post
    Hey all,

I've been to two hardware stores and a hobby shop today in search of a hex key to fit the lugs of my San Marco with no luck. Can anyone confirm the size for me so I can order some online? Or can someone suggest a good kit that would include them?

Thanks!

Dane
    I believe they are Torx T2. I did a search couple days ago within the Anonimo forum and couple guys listed a few websites. I know you can get Torx T2 from McMaster-Carr and Grainger's. I think its the same hex used for the Marlin.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Legmaker72 View Post
    You planning on doing a little watch surgery D?
    My new Toshi just arrived and I'm itching to get it on!

Quote Originally Posted by abmw View Post
    I believe they are Torx T2. I did a search couple days ago within the Anonimo forum and couple guys listed a few websites. I know you can get Torx T2 from McMaster-Carr and Grainger's. I think its the same hex used for the Marlin.
    Thanks for that. They look like hex rather than torx to me, but I looked up torx on here and found the same info. I guess I'll be going back out on the hunt for torx!

Can anyone confirm that the Ox-Pro SM is indeed torx?
    Last edited by phunky_monkey; May 6th, 2011 at 05:54.
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

I sent a note to Anonimo USA to ask.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Thanks Michael, very much appreciated!
    Current:

I did the same thing and no luck. Every tool I found didn't fit. When I got my Anonimo I didn't have the strap change tool so I contacted Rob at Topper and got it from him.
    Regards,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by phunky_monkey View Post
    Thanks Michael, very much appreciated!
    Dane here is the answer I got:

It's a tool from the factory.
    Hex type tool. I am sure it can be found in a watch supply ( Swiss)
    Outfit but we get from Anonimo

Apparently you should be able to get one from an AD. I do know watch supply places like Ofrei have some Allen type drivers. Maybe if someone who has one can measure it. I small metric allen set may have what the right size.

I know the one used is the newer models (2010 and on)is a strange size but I think the San Marco is closer to a standard size.
    Last edited by samanator; May 12th, 2011 at 00:49.
    Michael

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Quote Originally Posted by samanator View Post
    Dane here is the answer I got:

It's a tool from the factory.
    Hex type tool. I am sure it can be found in a watch supply ( Swiss)
    Outfit but we get from Anonimo

Apparently you should be able to get one from an AD. I do know watch supply places like Ofrei have some Allen type drivers. Maybe if someone who has one can measure it. I small metric allen set may have what the right size.

I know the one used is the newer models (2010 and on)is a strange size but I think the San Marco is closer to a standard size.
    Thanks for that Michael. Unfortunately all the hex key sets I've found only go down to 1.5mm, and the smallest individual size in metric that is carried locally is 1mm. They had some other A/F sizes that were a bit smaller, but nothing exactly the same unfortunately. I've found an Australian supplier who carries the .89mm size which is what we think it is so I may attempt to measure it up tonight and take the risk. If that fails I'll speak with an AD and get the tool from there. If anyone has the tool and can measure it that would be greatly appreciated.

And here I was thinking that the change to hex keys would make chaning the strap less of a hassle!
    Last edited by samanator; May 12th, 2011 at 00:49.
    Current:

Are you sure the San Marco uses the new hex tool? I was under the impression these (San Marco) were larger than what is on my Magnum. Now if you were in south FL I'd be happy to let you use mine. I'm trying to get a reference price for the cost of the Anonimo tools. If your sure these are the same I can try to measure mine (Need to find some one with a digital set since mine is old school). I'm pretty certain it is less than 1mm.
    Last edited by samanator; May 18th, 2011 at 15:39.
    Michael

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information