Historic Anonimo lug bars/screws
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Historic Anonimo lug bars/screws

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Historic Anonimo lug bars/screws

Anyone have a source for lug bars/screws for historic anonimo? I have a 42mm Millemetri mod 2000 case with 22mm lugs.
    jeremydw likes this.

Re: Historic Anonimo lug bars/screws

Quote Originally Posted by Awesom-O 4000 View Post
    Anyone have a source for lug bars/screws for historic anonimo? I have a 42mm Millemetri mod 2000 case with 22mm lugs.
    Hey man, not certain on where to get OEM lug bars, but have a work around I use and an idea to float.

Screwed lug bars drive me crazy because of the potential for stripping and what not. So I actually switched over to this alternate solution on my Millemetri some time ago. I bought fat bars, like the ones you get on Seiko divers, with the larger shoulders (can find them on Amazon). The bars are thick enough that they don’t slide through. I bought a bunch and leave them in the various straps for quick easy changes. Great for leather and canvas bag style straps. Have one other set I use for nato and Zulu straps. Doesn’t look bad either, watch just appears to have drilled lugs (albeit a bit larger than normal). Have a bunch of pics of my Mille in the “Who’s wearing Anonimo today” thread. In all of my pics I have one of the above as my original bars stripped out a while back.

Couple of other ideas:

- Straps that have the quick change feature, where the lug bar is built in and has a little slide. Have used Barton straps like this on my Mille. They have some nice rubber/silicone ones that look and feel decent. Inexpensive and also found on Amazon.

- Idea I had, but never tried. What about sourcing spare parts from one of the other watch makers out there that also used screwed lugs. Just have to make sure they are not uniquely designed. So the bars on my Fortis Cosmo wouldn’t work (beyond being 20mm) because they are one sided and specific to the case, which has a slot on the one side to hold the bar in place. However, I’ve owned a couple of Helson Sharkdivers in the past and the bars were sort of similar - don’t know if they’d work, but might be worth a try. Pretty sure they have a spare parts order on their site.

Anyways, hope this help man.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried the 2.5mm Seiko style fat bars with double flange:

https://www.toxicnatos.com/collectio...ng-bars-c200fs

They fit the lugs, but they're too thick. The lug holes are very close to the case and I can barely install a strap with the 1.5mm OEM bars. With the 2.5mm spring bars even the thinnest 1mm nato wouldn't fit. The space between the bar and case is probably 0.5mm. Too small for anything that I've seen. Maybe you have a newer case version where they moved the lug holes out some.

I have a few emails outstanding. With Anonimo, Stoll, and ewatchparts.

https://www.amazon.com/Tube-Screw-AN.../dp/B07D6SQXL9

This says 28.5mm with both screws in. I measured one of mine at 28.6mm and the other at 28.7mm. It's probably the same. I'm sure they deviate slightly. I believe the anonimo 6000 also had a 42mm case, so it makes sense that they would share lug bars with the Millemetri.

I'll most likely buy a pair and test them if I don't get any emails back. I'll update the thread when I have the solution.

My lugs and screws are fine for now, but I would like spares.

Name:  uOOaYfPh.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  71.2 KB
    Last edited by Awesom-O 4000; January 18th, 2019 at 15:56.
    jeremydw likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Any info when to look for spares for Militare?
    jeremydw likes this.
    ----------------
    Anonimo
    Militare Automatico 2010
    Anonimo Dino Zei Glauco 11006
    Sea-Gull D304

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried the 2.5mm Seiko style fat bars with double flange:

https://www.toxicnatos.com/collectio...ng-bars-c200fs

They fit the lugs, but they're too thick. The lug holes are very close to the case and I can barely install a strap with the 1.5mm OEM bars. With the 2.5mm spring bars even the thinnest 1mm nato wouldn't fit. The space between the bar and case is probably 0.5mm. Too small for anything that I've seen. Maybe you have a newer case version where they moved the lug holes out some.

I have a few emails outstanding. With Anonimo, Stoll, and ewatchparts.

https://www.amazon.com/Tube-Screw-AN.../dp/B07D6SQXL9

This says 28.5mm with both screws in. I measured one of mine at 28.6mm and the other at 28.7mm. It's probably the same. I'm sure they deviate slightly. I believe the anonimo 6000 also had a 42mm case, so it makes sense that they would share lug bars with the Millemetri.

I'll most likely buy a pair and test them if I don't get any emails back. I'll update the thread when I have the solution.

My lugs and screws are fine for now, but I would like spares.

Name:  uOOaYfPh.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  71.2 KB
    Sorry - that was the one thing I forgot to provide some clarity and specificity on. I have to be very selective on the straps I choose for the very reason you mention - there is very little room between the lug bar and the case when using the Seiko style bars, probably only a millimeter or so. It’s not the thickness of the strap per se, but rather the thickness of the strap around the lug bar. So yes, you can only use thin nato straps, but I have a couple of leather straps, a canvas, a couple of rubber straps, and even a bracelet (panatime?). I actually do have the older style case (logo but no name on dial - the original way).

It was a process of trial and error to build up a repertoire of straps that would work - but since I had a number of other 22mm watches the straps always ended up getting used.

Good luck in your search.

Cheers!

Sergei T. likes this.

Name:  iJuUjUxh.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  103.6 KB

These are 22mm curved lug bars from ToxicNatos. I tried them on several straps and they work well. They leave plenty of room and they seem to hold in place.

I ordered a few pairs of lug bars/screws from e-watchparts/wholesaleoutlet990 and I will test them when they arrive.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TUBE-SCREW-...72.m2749.l2649
    jeremydw likes this.

The aftermarket tubes & screws arrived today. They're the perfect size. They're even better than the OEM tubes/screws because the screwdriver slot is deeper.

The ones that I bought were in the link from the prior post titled:

TUBE + SCREW FOR ANONIMO MILLIMETRI POLLUCE BRONZE 2023 FITS BAND STRAP LEATHER

I think they'll work for most Anonimo's with 22mm lugs.
    jeremydw likes this.

The aftermarket tubes & screws arrived today. They're the perfect size. They're even better than the OEM tubes/screws because the screwdriver slot is deeper.

The ones that I bought were in the link from the prior post titled:

TUBE + SCREW FOR ANONIMO MILLIMETRI POLLUCE BRONZE 2023 FITS BAND STRAP LEATHER

I think they'll work for most Anonimo's with 22mm lugs.
    Yes!! That’s awesome, thanks for the update man - going to jump on that.

Thanks again! Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Sergei T. View Post
    Any info when to look for spares for Militare?
    Have you tried sourcing Militare spares from the current Anonimo company? Asking because the case appears to almost be carry over. Wondering if the new ones would work for the legacy (original) versions.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremydw View Post
    Have you tried sourcing Militare spares from the current Anonimo company? Asking because the case appears to almost be carry over. Wondering if the new ones would work for the legacy (original) versions.

I've thought about this, but tried to find spare part on eBay etc. or maybe someone can share such info when he sourced for that parts...?
    I'll now contact Anonimo directly to check what they can suggest, will update of their answer.
    jeremydw likes this.
    ----------------
    Anonimo
    Militare Automatico 2010
    Anonimo Dino Zei Glauco 11006
    Sea-Gull D304

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast