Just Curious...
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By korneevy
  • 1 Post By DDD3333
  • 1 Post By phunky_monkey

Thread: Just Curious...

Just Curious...

Just curious…has anyone heard/seen new product actually being presented for sale (in any market) regarding the ‘new’ Anonimo?
    It appears as if everything has ground to a halt – but isn’t it well over a year since the takeover/ restructuring was complete?
    The market here in Asia is sometimes prioritized, sometimes not…but I have not heard a thing. The distribution agreement for Thailand (perhaps elsewhere) fell apart last year I believe, so this will take a while to re-establish, but was curious if anyone in Europe had seen any models out in the marketplace.
    Any update would be appreciated!

Re: Just Curious...

Honestly, who cares? This forum is devoted exclusively to those watches that represent the brand when it was worth owning--the "Historic Anonimos"--let the new incarnation rest in peace.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

I think the new company is toast, their Swiss office is non functioning and phone lines has been disconnected for a long while, probably too many calls from pissed off customers expecting warranty repairs and parts for their historic models:) so, in my personal opinion, the brand will join a long list of ghost companies (Walham, anyone?) until after someone will buy it for a few dollars for IP for case manufacturing and old tech designs...sounds familiar, doesn't it?;)
    Last edited by korneevy; October 25th, 2013 at 12:12.
    DDD3333 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Who cares?
    Actually, I do. Excuse my enthusiasm.

Excuse the idea one can look at the current state of affairs and conclude the final chapter in Anonimo’s history has yet been written. It might not be an ending I will want to witness, but I am interested to at least glean facts, or an update on what is actually being undertaken, or, more salient,what is not being undertaken.

And before going further, Ernie himself underlined any aspect of Anonimo old or new was fit to be discussed here.

The new owners might launch, promptly fail and then withdraw. There is a chance that the entire project will be stillborn and nevercome to market. If so, what might happen next? If the new owners had any sense left,they could concede the faux pas and move to sell the brand/name whilst it still has some cache.

If things regressed to that point it is not inconceivable that a known brand might step to realize any potential in remarketing the brandwith the Italian heritage. Maybe the new company fails and the owners bury it and Anonimo out of spite.

Having an interest in nothing but the historic Anonimo is your prerogative, but not mine.

whywatch9 likes this.

Well, I was watching last weeks Moto GP coverage from Phillip Islandlast night, and noticed this on one of the bikes...not sure of this means they're still kicking, or if it's remnants from when they were splashing some cash, but interesting either way...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by phunky_monkey; October 28th, 2013 at 09:56.
    DDD3333 likes this.
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

Phunky-Monkey...that's an interesting 'new logo' spot from Moto GP. I presume these sponsorship deals were in place pre-season so its hard to gauge whether this bears any significance to current operations. As Korneevy has related it appears nothing is going on at all. My intention here was to avoid controversy (we have all made our feelings clear regarding the new entity) and simply ask if anyone knew anything was underway, or not. If it is a total debacle, I am interested to see if they unload the brand. My preference would be to see Anonimo in the hands of someone who had a deep and genuine affection for the brand...but I have noted before, it would be really interesting to see a party such as Richemont come into the picture with essentially limitless resources. The marketing story would be easy to tell...the stepchild to one of their fabled brands Panerai - they could milk this to death as the 'Panerai' for a new generation. What I fear, however, is Anonimo exiting stage left with a whisper rather than a bang.

Thread Information