To keep or sell ?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By starow

Thread: To keep or sell ?

To keep or sell ?

As the title suggests I'm in two minds about my Anonimo Cronoscopio mark ii 2018. At the moment it's lucky to see any wrist time.
    I still love the watch but i just don't know if i should sell it to go towards a grail watch.
    I rarely see these come up for sale and not sure if it's worth selling.
    I guess I'm asking is there still a market out there for this watch and if it's worth the hassle of selling it, I'm in Australia so it's always a hassle with shipping and conversion rates.
    I usually don't sell my watches but it's such a great watch it seems a shame for it to just sit in a draw.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Re: To keep or sell ?

Sell.

Like you, I used to take too long to decide if I wanted to sell or keep. By then, the prices would have fallen more and whatever value left is wiped out by newer models and the watch being old.

Since youíve had yours for not long and donít wear it, sell. No point letting it sit in the drawer for another five years and regret that you didnít sell it earlier.

DC5

Agreed, you should probably sell it and put the mone towards something you'll actually wear. It will only depreciate in value sitting in your watch box. Maybe try some of the watch selling sites to get an idea of current value. I had the same dilemma with a Seiko Alpinist (SARB017). Virtually never wore it, thought I would keep it because it looked like it would go up in value after being discontinued. Eventually decided just to sell (would probably have to wait 10 to see any significant rise in value) and put the money towards a Ball Deepquest. I'm happy as Larry now, and the Ball gets lots of wear!

I understand the hassle of selling internationally, but you could try selling it locally first. It may take a little longer to sell, but Australia is a big country so it shouldn't be too hard to fiind a buyer. If you use Ebay I think you can restrict it to just Australia.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

ven

Its a very nice watch, no doubt there. But if its not going to get worn, let someone else enjoy it. Get something you will wear and enjoy yourself

Thanks for the feedback, deep down i know i should sell it. Forgot you can restrict to Australia only on ebay.
    Just got to let it go and think of the end game and that watch that I've always wanted, a Rolex ND sub or is it the Zenith Pilot or Omega speedmaster.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
    ven and DC5 like this.

ven

Thats easy starow...........all 3!!!

Sell. You can still love it and not own it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice watch, but my rule is if its not getting wrist time then I sell. My only exception is sentimental pieces that I inherited. Use the money to get something that will get worn. I love all 3 of your choices, I have the sub (but with date) and the Zenith Pilot and love them both.

Thread Information