Maybe I'm crazy...
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Maybe I'm crazy...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Maybe I'm crazy...

...but I recently purchased an Anonimo Militare 2004 LE.

I used to own one, and sold it off several years ago. Also sold the custom straps, spare parts, and even the hard to find rubber Anonimo Militare strap.

I usually don't regret decisions like that, and was fine for a couple of years, but I did find myself missing that watch...

I was going through some old pictures that I took years back, and there it was again-my Anonimo Militare.

So, I started to look for one, casually, then more seriously. Found one, and just got it in yesterday.

Yes, I know the brand is suffering, and I don't care much for the new offerings, but I really think they got it right with the Militare. I even like the crown mechanism-it may be a bit finicky to operate, but it's part of the charm of the watch.

Business dealings aside, I really like what Anonimo was doing back then. Personally, when they started doing more and more complicated-looking watches, and pricing went up, up, up, I thought they lost the plot, and this was partly why I decided to sell mine. However, in retrospect, I wanted to enjoy the watch that brought me to them in the first place-the Militare.

Really think the handwind model is the best thing they ever offered, and while I like some of the other models (the Polluce comes to mind, for example), the Militare will always be king.

Not much posting here these days, and I understand it. I also understand the frustration of those that bought these. There's quite an uncertain future should you buy a "historic" Anonimo. However, I am glad I took the risk.
    Dhillon, whywatch9 and TISSOT PRX like this.
    --
    "What you think, you become"

-Buddha

my current collection: '68 Tudor Sub-military, '83 Rolex Seadweller 16660 (matte dial), '62 Rolex Zephyr, Doxa Sub 300T Professional Reissue, Doxa Divingstar 750 GMT, Omega Flightmaster c911, Omega Seamaster 300/date, Omega PloProf 1200, Omega PO Chrono c9300, Seiko MarineMaster 300M, ZRC Etanche Grand Fondes reissue, B&R BR-02, Seiko Scubamaster M726, Helson Sharkmaster Destro, MeisterSinger Scrypto

Re: Maybe I'm crazy...

...and to illustrate my point:

I modified a 22mm Isofrane strap to fit the Militare. Actually prefer it to the Anonimo-branded one (anyone have any idea where I could find one of those?) due to the vent holes. Also, it's thicker, which is nice.

I'm getting used to the winding again, as I've not had practice for about 4-5 years :)
    --

-Buddha

my current collection: '68 Tudor Sub-military, '83 Rolex Seadweller 16660 (matte dial), '62 Rolex Zephyr, Doxa Sub 300T Professional Reissue, Doxa Divingstar 750 GMT, Omega Flightmaster c911, Omega Seamaster 300/date, Omega PloProf 1200, Omega PO Chrono c9300, Seiko MarineMaster 300M, ZRC Etanche Grand Fondes reissue, B&R BR-02, Seiko Scubamaster M726, Helson Sharkmaster Destro, MeisterSinger Scrypto

Not crazy...It's a lovely watch..Here is mine!!

Last edited by torromoto; February 15th, 2015 at 23:25.
    Dhillon and StefB like this.
    Best regards,
    Guillermo

Current NIMO's

ANONIMO GLAUCO BRONZE /DRASS (bezel), black dial
    ANONIMO GLAUCO II BRONZE, black guilloche dial

others

Seiko Marinemaster MM300 SBDX001
    Seiko Marinemaster MM600 SBDB001

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Can you elaborate a little more on how u modified the rubber strap to fit? More pics as well if you can, I know changing strap out is a bit of a pain ...sorry
    :)

a close cousin says hello
    Attached Images Attached Images

Brett Smith and StefB like this.
    :)

Sure thing-all I did was measure a stock Militare strap, and replicate the cutout on the Isofrane. It was 5mm in on either side, which left a cutout of 12mm (22mm strap).

About 5mm down on either side for the depth.

Not perfect on mine-I could have taped off the measurements, but I did it freehand-but it looks/feels great. I did another with a "helsofrane" strap, and it works well, too.

Chris
    --

-Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by torromoto View Post
    Not crazy...It's a lovely watch..Here is mine!!

That is an awesome strap! Where did you get it??

Any other pics??
    --

-Buddha

Name:  vi tar denne II.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  168.8 KB

Here's mine. I bought it from a private seller at a fair price, I think.
    StefB likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Futen View Post
    Name:  vi tar denne II.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  168.8 KB

Here's mine. I bought it from a private seller at a fair price, I think.
    I love my Anonimos. I don't think you are crazy. I think these watches will eventually see a price increase on the used market. They will become cult classics and even if they don't I love wearing mine. I get so many compliments on the Nimos - and you just can't get them anymore.

Anthony

Not crazy.. Future classic. I never tire of the styling.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information