Which model for a first Anonimo?

Thread: Which model for a first Anonimo?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    32

    Which model for a first Anonimo?

    Although I've been a WIS for the past 20 years, I'm planning on buying my first Anonimo.

    My short list currently includes the Bronze Polluce, the Bronze Polluce Magnum and the Bronze Marlin.

    Anybody has any pictures of the three next to each other? All your comments are welcome!

    Thanks for reading!

  2. #2
    Member EL_Chingon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,938

    Re: Which model for a first Anonimo?

    Quote Originally Posted by rrpalma View Post
    Although I've been a WIS for the past 20 years, I'm planning on buying my first Anonimo.

    My short list currently includes the Bronze Polluce, the Bronze Polluce Magnum and the Bronze Marlin.

    Anybody has any pictures of the three next to each other? All your comments are welcome!

    Thanks for reading!
    Any of those models would be perfect. but I would go for the Magnum.

  3. #3
    Member timefleas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Hiroshima, Japan
    Posts
    8,432

    Re: Which model for a first Anonimo?

    Actually, I would put the Magnum just about at the bottom of any Anonimo list--I at least am not interested in seeing the innards of the watch partially displayed on an the otherwise simple, clean dial for which Anonimo is generally known. I think if cost is no object, then the Marlin would be first, and if cost is a concern then the Bronze Polluce would be best-though independent of cost both are great. While I could have bought any of them, I chose the Bronze Polluce 10 ANNI and am glad I did--simple, robust and elegant all in one. I prefer the 10 ANNI or the newest dial (which is the cleanest of them all) over the earlier versions, which I feel are distracting with the CNS and MC logos cluttering up the dial face--though I have seen posts that state they like these inclusions. Good luck on your purchase.
    Less is More...












  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Sin22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    219

    Re: Which model for a first Anonimo?

    Bronze Polluce for me as well as first, I ordered that before I got my Dino Zei Nautilo in bronze.

    Second would be the bronze Marlin.

    Not a fan of the Magnum for the same reason stated above.
    Current COLLECTION
    Anonimo Dino Zei Nautilo Bronze | Breitling Avenger Skyland | Helson Sharkmaster | Linde Werdelin "The One" 2.6 | Longines Master Collection MoonPhase | IWC Aquatimer Chrono Cousteau Diver 2006 | Longines Classic Dress | MontBlanc Sports | Omega Speedmaster Pro 3572.50 | Omega Seamaster (Vintage) | RXW MM20 | Seiko Orange Monster |

    Sadly gone
    Anonimo Hi-Dive OxPro hybrid | Anonimo Professionale Mod.6003 | Bell&Ross BR02 | Cartier Santos 100XL | IWC Aquatimer 3179-03 | Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor Diving Chronograph | Linde Werdelin Hard Black II | Magratte Nautico | Magratte Regattare Bronze | Rolex Submariner Z-series | TAG Heuer Link Chrono | Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.51 | Panerai PAM111I | Seiko Monster Yobokies modded | Sinn U1 | Sinn U1 | Sinn U1 Tempus | Seiko FFF |

  6. #5
    Member Firenze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Currently living in Singapore
    Posts
    888

    Re: Which model for a first Anonimo?

    My vote is: None of the above.

    As first Anonimo I suggest either a Militare or a Millemetri. True any bronze case would match the company's DNA properly, but the Militare and the Millemetri are iconic pieces of the brand.

    Good luck with your choice!

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    32

    Re: Which model for a first Anonimo?

    Thanks for all your comments.

    To Firenze: It was my undestanding that the Polluce is also a Millimetri (but not all Millimetris are Polluces)?

    To timefleas: Why is there such a large difference in price between the Polluce and the Marlin?

    Thanks again for reading!

  8. #7
    Member Firenze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Currently living in Singapore
    Posts
    888

    Re: Which model for a first Anonimo?

    Quote Originally Posted by rrpalma View Post
    Thanks for all your comments.

    To Firenze: It was my undestanding that the Polluce is also a Millimetri (but not all Millimetris are Polluces)?
    Yes and No. THere are few differences. For me, the main difference is in the dial. The Polluce is way too crowded and therefore less pure than the Millemetri. Just my opinion, of course.

  9. #8
    Member timefleas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Hiroshima, Japan
    Posts
    8,432

    Re: Which model for a first Anonimo?

    rrpalma,
    While the Marlin and Polluce (and many others) share the same movement (referred to as the ETA 2824-2, a very common movement in mid-range watches, or Anonimo's version of it, the Sellita SW200), they come in different cases--different in both size and construction. The Marlin is a couple of mm wider than the Polluce, and maybe a mm thicker. The Marlin uses hex nuts/screws to keep the case sandwich together, with none visible on the Polluce--beyond that, I have no idea why there is such a big difference in price--both are pretty low volume runs. A great article on the Polluce can be found by searching "Anonimo Polluce Review"--the link at the top of the list should be from deskdivers dot com--check that article out, it will give you a lot of useful information. As for crowded dials, the dials of the Polluce have come out in at least three different versions--the first two are shown in the article. The first has the CNS and MC logos, in addition to Anonimo's, and that dial is indeed crowded. The second has the "10 Anni" logo (there may have actually been one more in between, on which the "10 Anni" was based), and is less intrusive, while the newest 2010 dial is the least crowded of all, and is similar in simplicity to the Militare and Millimetri models referred to above. You can see the new version by checking one of the WUS sponsors, Topper Jewelers--they have pictures online of all the new Anonimos (and are great people to deal with). Here is a picture of my Polluce, the "10 Anni" version--it's the one bright spot in the otherwise somewhat dreary world of black, gray and silver dials of my rather small collection.

    Last edited by timefleas; September 20th, 2010 at 19:33.
    Less is More...












  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    32

    Re: Which model for a first Anonimo?

    Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    rrpalma,
    While the Marlin and Polluce (and many others) share the same movement (referred to as the ETA 2824-2, a very common movement in mid-range watches, or Anonimo's version of it, the Sellita SW200), they come in different cases--different in both size and construction. The Marlin is a couple of mm wider than the Polluce, and maybe a mm thicker. The Marlin uses hex nuts/screws to keep the case sandwich together, with none visible on the Polluce--beyond that, I have no idea why there is such a big difference in price--both are pretty low volume runs. A great article on the Polluce can be found by searching "Anonimo Polluce Review"--the link at the top of the list should be from deskdivers dot com--check that article out, it will give you a lot of useful information. As for crowded dials, the dials of the Polluce have come out in at least three different versions--the first two are shown in the article. The first has the CNS and MC logos, in addition to Anonimo's, and that dial is indeed crowded. The second has the "10 Anni" logo (there may have actually been one more in between, on which the "10 Anni" was based), and is less intrusive, while the newest 2010 dial is the least crowded of all, and is similar in simplicity to the Militare and Millimetri models referred to above. You can see the new version by checking one of the WUS sponsors, Topper Jewelers--they have pictures online of all the new Anonimos (and are great people to deal with). Here is a picture of my Polluce, the "10 Anni" version.

    Thank you *VERY MUCH* for the outstanding explanation.

    I've purchased from Rob before, and will probably continue to do so.

  11. #10
    Member Satansfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    1,292

    Re: Which model for a first Anonimo?

    Marlin would be my choice, primarily for the size reason, the Magnum last due to the exposed movement in the dial. Polluce in the middle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •