Which is the most wanted nimo on your list?
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Which is the most wanted nimo on your list?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Used bronze marlin on the bay sold for 2650 usd.

Except San Marco and pro, doesn't seem like any other nimo out there can fetch a higher price.
    I think the guideline for purchasing a nimo these days is pretty obvious.
    But is there a particular model that you are still looking to get your hands on, even if you had to pay more than the guideline?

Aeronauta is a very rare and desirable watch. I guess I wouldn't mind paying a little more for that. The is also a model that I never saw in ads. How many pieces were actually made?!

Any other ones?

Re: Which is the most wanted nimo on your list?

I had a waffle dialed professional on my wrist at the Tourneau store in Chicago last Memorial Day Weekend. It was used and they had a screaming price on it but I decided not to buy it. I have been kicking myself every since then for not buying it. When you have one of your grails on your wrist and can afford it, buy it. Jmho
    Kevin

I'd say majority of Nimos are selling for what they should have cost to begin with :) Eg between $1.2-3K. Bronze really isn't any more expensive than SS or titanium to produce watch cases from, so higher prices are simply the reflection of smaller number of units available, I think. I'd love to pick up a Millimetri Polluce with green dial and always coveted San Marco. The Polluce is still on the list so I am just waiting for the right watch in right condition at the right price is under 2K but SM is out due to parts issues and that watch is full of proprietary issues and complications so I wouldn't touch it now, no matter what price, which I guess makes it my Ultimate Nimo desire that I won't ever be able to fulfill;)
    Last edited by korneevy; April 27th, 2014 at 10:24.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd still go for an SM bronze or Pro Crono Waffle if it was going for a steal, but at this stage I'm pretty happy with what I have. I threw a sneaky bid on the Marlin (and nearly got it) though...

I've often thought about selling my Polluce, but every time I put it on I change my mind. Just too good a value to sell, even if it might cause me issues down the track. That bracelet is just the best I've ever worn, and the build quality is spot on.

The Mille Japan Edition is too rare to sell too, plus I had the movement replaced when I first got it in Dec 2012 so I'm hoping it won't need much attention for a long time to come. I know if it goes I'll never get another
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

Yeah bronze Polluce Millemetri or Magnum.

I still believe Anonimo started the whole bronze craze. And as they say, there's nothing like the original.
    Rolex Explorer II 216570
    Panerai
    PAM 112
    Rolex Two-Tone Datejust
    Omega Constellation C-Shape Vintage
    Anonimo D-Date II
    Concord Impresario
    Seiko Sumo
    Casio MDV106

Quote Originally Posted by korneevy View Post
    I'd say majority of Nimos are selling for what they should have cost to begin with :) Eg between $1.2-3K. Bronze really isn't any more expensive than SS or titanium to produce watch cases from, so higher prices are simply the reflection of smaller number of units available, I think. I'd love to pick up a Millimetri Polluce with green dial and always coveted San Marco. The Polluce is still on the list so I am just waiting for the right watch in right condition at the right price is under 2K but SM is out due to parts issues and that watch is full of proprietary issues and complications so I wouldn't touch it now, no matter what price, which I guess makes it my Ultimate Nimo desire that I won't ever be able to fulfill;)
    Regardless the product, titanium is always more expansive than the ss version, I thought. It's lighter and have different characteristics than ss. I suppose bronze would be the same. They are not precious metals like gold or silver, but wouldn't they require different knowledge and manufacturing process, thus making them cost more to produce?

Quote Originally Posted by whywatch9 View Post
    Regardless the product, titanium is always more expansive than the ss version, I thought. It's lighter and have different characteristics than ss. I suppose bronze would be the same. They are not precious metals like gold or silver, but wouldn't they require different knowledge and manufacturing process, thus making them cost more to produce?
    Short answer is "no". Longer answers are usually found in marketing literature of watch companies and generally are horse-s...t, as far as I have been told by a few people are know case making business in Switzerland intimately. Real cost differences and changes to calibration of machines represent about 5% as compared to SS manufacture, rest is marketing ploy.
    Last edited by korneevy; April 28th, 2014 at 17:05.

Yes, they are the original especially in bronzo!

But, I must say that I've had a few almost too good to be true offers come my way to buy into one again and I just couldn't do it. At one point I owned 5 at one time, and a total of 15 over time. I liked the Marlin, Militaire Crono, & Drass MKII the best. And trust me I miss them all. Polluce on the bracelet was pretty sweet too. Of the 15 those are the one's I miss most.

I don't miss losing tons of money flipping on them. I guess I'm done...

Good question and one I bet every fan of the original Anonimo is wrestling with.

If exercising common sense, I agree with Korneevy in choosing any watch with a lack of complications re movement or case for the obvious parts/maintenance issues. Regarding this…

I have already hit a brick wall simply trying to chase down the last, and best iteration of the more thickly padded strap for a Dino Zei watch (anyone know of stock give me a shout!). It’s a timely and infuriating reminder of how problematic things could become for some models. This is simply a strap issue. I hate to think of facing a damaged case in the future for example. Some of us are simply going to be binning watches.

If not exercising common sense, I’d frivolously opt for something extravagant…the Professionale Chrono in gold?
    Attached Images Attached Images

whywatch9 and JayVeeez like this.

Oh yeah plus anything with bracelet.
    Rolex Explorer II 216570
    Panerai
    PAM 112
    Rolex Two-Tone Datejust
    Omega Constellation C-Shape Vintage
    Anonimo D-Date II
    Concord Impresario
    Seiko Sumo
    Casio MDV106

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information