My coolest Anonimos? Hi-Dive Hybrid, San Marco, Militare manual
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My coolest Anonimos? Hi-Dive Hybrid, San Marco, Militare manual

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My coolest Anonimos? Hi-Dive Hybrid, San Marco, Militare manual

Part II of "My coolest Anonimos?" Help me decide....

1. Hi-Dive "Hybrid" - the first Ox Pro Polluce! A rare bird.
    2. Militare 2004 - gorgeous, Florentine, military watch perfection - one of the few Anonimo manual wound pieces
    3. San Marco! Like a wrist weapon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by StefB; April 12th, 2011 at 07:07.
    tevj and fidelio like this.

Re: My coolest Anonimos? Hi-Dive Hybrid, San Marco, Militare manual

San Marco by a long shot

Though I'd be happy with any of them - though manual winding would be a touch irritating for me on a Militare.
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

?? I don't think I understand the question ("help me decide")--

you own all three watches, and you want US to decide which one YOU like best?

...Or, are you going to get rid of one (or two) and need suggestions for thinning the herd?

...Or, is this, "look at my cool watches--which one do you (the reader) like best?"

If it is the last question, they are all great simply because I really like Anonimo in general--however if I were to consider buying any of them, I would not buy the Militare as, after having owned three, I just don't like having to lift up the strap (like raising a toilet seat?) every time I have to wind or adjust the watch, which is frequently on the manual; I also would not buy the San Marco because (if I could actually afford it) I feel the dial much too busy, and I have no use for, or understanding of, the odd outer dial edge numerals (if I were to get a large Nimo in this price range I would go for the Marlin), leaving me with the Millemetri (the so-called "Hybrid"), which suits my tastes best: Simple, clean, elegant and different.

Somehow, though. I don't think this was not the answer you were looking for. Whatever, enjoy your watches!
    Peter
    Last edited by timefleas; April 12th, 2011 at 17:02.
    Less is More...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just noticed in your sig Dane you have a San Marco? When did that happen mate?

Quote Originally Posted by phunky_monkey View Post
    San Marco by a long shot

Though I'd be happy with any of them - though manual winding would be a touch irritating for me on a Militare.

3 great watches, congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    ?? I don't think I understand the question ("help me decide")--

you own all three watches, and you want US to decide which one YOU like best?

...Or, are you going to get rid of one (or two) and need suggestions for thinning the herd?

...Or, is this, "look at my cool watches--which one do you (the reader) like best?"

If it is the last question, they are all great simply because I really like Anonimo in general--however if I were to consider buying any of them, I would not buy the Militare as, after having owned three, I just don't like having to lift up the strap (like raising a toilet seat?) every time I have to wind or adjust the watch, which is frequently on the manual; I also would not buy the San Marco because (if I could actually afford it) I feel the dial much too busy, and I have no use for, or understanding of, the odd outer dial edge numerals (if I were to get a large Nimo in this price range I would go for the Marlin), leaving me with the Millemetri (the so-called "Hybrid"), which suits my tastes best: Simple, clean, elegant and different.

Somehow, though. I don't think this was not the answer you were looking for. Whatever, enjoy your watches!
    Peter
    Guess it was not really a question, but more a fun statement. Your comments are actually what I was hoping for - just a sharing of opinions on these watches we all love and to celebrate whatever pieces we all own. This is what makes a watch forum so much fun.

I really appreciated reading your preferences. Although my San Marco is my favorite, I wear the "Hybrid" more frequently for pretty much the exact reasons you describe. I'm feeling lucky to have the piece.

Quote Originally Posted by tevj View Post
    3 great watches, congratulations!
    Much thanks!

great strap combo on all three. definitely brings out each watch's character.

in order of pic, i would identify these as: 1: refined elegance - unpretentious 2: sporty/cool/controlled - take me anywhere and i'll not only adapt but i will master my domain 3: WOW - persona, character, presence, confidence (my choice)

congrats on a great collection!

Quote Originally Posted by revangel View Post
    great strap combo on all three. definitely brings out each watch's character.

in order of pic, i would identify these as: 1: refined elegance - unpretentious 2: sporty/cool/controlled - take me anywhere and i'll not only adapt but i will master my domain 3: WOW - persona, character, presence, confidence (my choice)

congrats on a great collection!
    Thanks! Really interesting descriptions you gave. You pretty much described them as I tend to describe what it feels like to wear Anonimo. Very interesting to read your impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Satansfist View Post
    Just noticed in your sig Dane you have a San Marco? When did that happen mate?
    Hey Pete, I bought it last week from the 'states and it arrived on Monday. Yesterday was the first day it spent on my wrist - my partner told me off for staring at it while at a comedy show last night... love it.
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information