Need Anonimo service

Thread: Need Anonimo service

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Anonimo service

Can anyone suggest where I might get my Anonimo serviced? I submerged it and it fogged up. I'm in Los Angeles. Thanks.

Re: Need Anonimo service

Wow, a deep sea watch rating of a minimum 100ATM all the way up to 2000 on my Pros, the one thing that should not happen with an Anonimo is fogging after submersion--doesn't seem right! Nevertheless, stuff happens. Any competent watch maker can deal with that issue (dry it, clean it, lube it)--but if you need gaskets, etc. (depending on your model) the only place in the US that I would recommend is Stoll & Co in Dayton Ohio.
    Last edited by timefleas; October 22nd, 2014 at 09:31.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

Thanks for referral. Will contact Stoll & Co.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Contact About Time in Dana Point 949-443-9303

Banned

In La you can get ABC Watch Werks and they are one of the top watchmakers in the US.

Just got a note from the OP: "Stoll & Co have replied that they no longer service Anonimo due to lack of parts." This is bad news indeed, as they were one of the two or three repair places in the US that handled all things Anonimo. To see them depart from the scene is not good news at all, and while other folks can do basic servicing (as noted above), it seems that special need repairs are going to get very pricey if they can be done at all.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    Just got a note from the OP: "Stoll & Co have replied that they no longer service Anonimo due to lack of parts." This is bad news indeed, as they were one of the two or three repair places in the US that handled all things Anonimo. To see them depart from the scene is not good news at all, and while other folks can do basic servicing (as noted above), it seems that special need repairs are going to get very pricey if they can be done at all.
    As expected.
    Like so many others I'm down to just the one that started it all for me. The Militare.
    It was fun while it lasted...
    Cheers.
    use it!

Well, there are apparently more crazies out there, as I very recently bought a 2010 Militare Automatico (non chrono) with Ox-Pro case for USD 1277 from a private seller in my country. I'm a member of a native site dedicated to the art of horology, and I have specifically discussed the crown and stem vulnerabilities of the Militare series with AD's on the site. They say that it should not be a problem to replace the crown pin of the ETA 7750 movement in my watch. That the crown pin is pressed into the crown should not be a problem either, they say. But, there's a huge but here, they haven't tried to repair one yet!

There is a AD in my country that has been a watch aficionado for years before he had his watchmaker's exam. He repairs predominately Rolex and Omega, but can work on many other watches as well. He has an open mind, and are willing to take on many difficult cases, as long as the owner accepts that a successful outcome is not certain. As far as the Militare goes, I think the only parts that are truly irreplaceable are the case, the dial and the crown clamp. Granted, ETA parts will slowly decline in supply after the extended forced supply period is over. I have read that the Swatch group was told by the Swiss authorities to supply ETA movements and parts until 2017. And given the share numbers of watches out there with ETA movements, you can always sacrifice one watch to save another. I'm not certain, but I think I also have read that ETA and Selita-parts are interchangeable for the Selita ETA movement clones, but I'm not 100 % certain of that.

Anyway, I'm very satisfied with my watch, but I don't think It's a good investment, and maybe it will never be.

Quote Originally Posted by Futen View Post
    Well, there are apparently more crazies out there, as I very recently bought a 2010 Militare Automatico (non chrono) with Ox-Pro case for USD 1277 from a private seller in my country. I'm a member of a native site dedicated to the art of horology, and I have specifically discussed the crown and stem vulnerabilities of the Militare series with AD's on the site. They say that it should not be a problem to replace the crown pin of the ETA 7750 movement in my watch. That the crown pin is pressed into the crown should not be a problem either, they say. But, there's a huge but here, they haven't tried to repair one yet!

There is a AD in my country that has been a watch aficionado for years before he had his watchmaker's exam. He repairs predominately Rolex and Omega, but can work on many other watches as well. He has an open mind, and are willing to take on many difficult cases, as long as the owner accepts that a successful outcome is not certain. As far as the Militare goes, I think the only parts that are truly irreplaceable are the case, the dial and the crown clamp. Granted, ETA parts will slowly decline in supply after the extended forced supply period is over. I have read that the Swatch group was told by the Swiss authorities to supply ETA movements and parts until 2017. And given the share numbers of watches out there with ETA movements, you can always sacrifice one watch to save another. I'm not certain, but I think I also have read that ETA and Selita-parts are interchangeable for the Selita ETA movement clones, but I'm not 100 % certain of that.

Anyway, I'm very satisfied with my watch, but I don't think It's a good investment, and maybe it will never be.
    That is a good point you bring up. Not much unlike vintage motorcycle repairs. so many cool bikes have long since been without replacement parts. So for the enthusiast with some know-how can keep them running.
    There was a thread here somewhere about Frankenanonimos that will eventually start popping up.
    I heard of someone using a PAM stem to repair a Militare once. I'm sure that I will have to find out soon enough.
    Enjoy your beast. I dig 'em
    use it!

For you being a Swede, and I a Norwegian, I'm talking about Urmaker Sutterud in Bjölsen, Oslo, Norway. And the website I'm referring to is the Norwegian "Tidssonen", where in the "DIY" subforum you can find an Anonimo thread started by me. You can probably read Norwegian, and see for yourself the answers I was given by those who claim to be knowledgeable about repairing watches. A crown pin is called a "velle" in Norwegian watchmaker language, and they positively states that it is not a problem at all to get hold of something that can be used on these watches.

I cannot believe that the Sapphire is unique for the watch either, it is in all probability an off the shelf part. In the same sub forum you will find links to major suppliers of Sapphire crystals for watches. The case-back, on the other hand, is most likely not an off the shelf part. So there are definitely parts that you must pray never breaks down.

I have one question for you Anonimo fans in general: I have found a website that claims to be a official website for the Swiss Anonimo outfit, and on the page I see new derivatives of the Anonimo Militare series. My question then is "Where are these watches?" Is it just a website, or is there really a Swiss Anonimo manufacturer that are making new Nimos as we speak? If so, what is the likelihood for him to change too much of the basic Fiorenze Anonimo Militare design? (If this watch is in production, then new parts exist for sure) I saw one thread here on WUS, I think, where the author claimed to have seen the new Anonimo outfit having a stand on Baselworld 2014.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information