New to anonimo
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New to anonimo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New to anonimo

Hello so i just received an anonimo from a fellow user. Honestly i dont know much about the brand. From what i gather the brand was created by former panerai execs and watch makers?
    So far im liking the watch. Really sporty and ive never had a pvd watch so its a cool change of pace. The 100atm of water resistance is awesome too.
    Well heres the watch. So... Is it a hi-dive or millenetri? Any info or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Cool stories are also welcome too. I wanna hear about anonimo owners and the shenanigans they get into with their watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: New to anonimo

I only have one Anonimo in my collection... for now. I love it, its original and as the name suggests... "Anonimous"...

Quote Originally Posted by philskywalker View Post
    I only have one Anonimo in my collection... for now. I love it, its original and as the name suggests... "Anonimous"...
    Thats true. With its smaller production runs and less brand awareness. You really wont bump into anyone who has the same watch as you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Especially now that the historic brand is "dead".

"He's just a witness"

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Drop of a Hat View Post
    Especially now that the historic brand is "dead".

"He's just a witness"

Care to elaborate for the ones of us less in the know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In short - the company had its problems for quite sometime then it was sold to the new owner. The new owner wanted to take the brand into another direction so anonimo was relaunched with a new logo and redesigned lines with the announcement that the watches will now be Swiss made at Basel world 2013. Later they also declared that they will cut all ties with the original brand by not honoring after sales service, warranty, and no spare parts. The fans were so upset about whole fiasco, they declared that was the death of the historic anonimo. After all the negativities, the company went completely silent the later part of 2013, then they announced that anonimo will be reborn again at Basel 2014. More detailed info and discussion can be found on this forum in older treads. Most of us believe the relaunch of anonimo at this past Basel is yet another failed attempt to resurrect the brand. Personally, I think it's only stupidity for the company to turn its back on the long time fans completely. Btw the new company has got a new promo video on how their legendary bronze case are made... Their moves are truly puzzling to me.
    Last edited by whywatch9; April 30th, 2014 at 03:02.

In answer the original OP's question, you have a Millemetri with a "Hi-Dive" case-back--several of these combinations were made--the true Hi Dive has a completely different dial design, and different hands.

As noted above, Anonimo does not exist in any viable form these days. They haven't sold a watch of any form in two years, have tooted their horn twice (once at each of the last two Basel conventions), and have publicly avowed to no longer assist in any way with Anonimo watches produced by the founding "historic" company. As such, any proprietary parts are no longer available, servicing is thus restricted, and resale values have subsequently nosedived.
    Last edited by timefleas; May 1st, 2014 at 14:05.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    In answer the original OP's question, you have a Millemetri with a "Hi-Dive" case-back--several of these combinations were made--the true Hi Dive has a completely different dial design, and different hands.

As noted above, Anonimo does not exist in any viable form these days. They haven't sold a watch of any form in two years, have tooted their horn twice (once at each of the last two Basel conventions), and have publicly avowed to no longer assist in any way with Anonimo watches produced by the founding "historic" company. As such, any proprietary parts are no longer available, servicing is thus restricted, and resale values have subsequently nosedived.
    How difficult would it be to source parts though? Unless for casing and aesthetics stuff. Dont they mostly use outsourced movements?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I am thinking all this talk about the impossibility of sourcing parts etc....warranty issues and so on is a bit over the top. Any watchmaker can service the watch..(movement is pretty basic and not ''inhouse")......I for one am not worried...How big is the chance you need a replacement part of anything? In case I do I am sure I'd be resourceful enough to deal with the problem..Enjoy the watch as I do mine...........
    StefB likes this.
    Best regards,
    Guillermo

Current NIMO's

ANONIMO GLAUCO BRONZE /DRASS (bezel), black dial
    ANONIMO GLAUCO II BRONZE, black guilloche dial

others

Seiko Marinemaster MM300 SBDX001
    Seiko Marinemaster MM600 SBDB001

Crowns and stems and cases and lug bars and screws and on and on and on. It's a risk to buy a watch that no longer has parts available. Some deem it worth it, others don't.

"He's just a witness"

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information