New Owner - Updated with Pics
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New Owner - Updated with Pics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Owner - Updated with Pics

Original Post

Thanks again for the advice in the other post. I have a brand new Limited Edition Glauco on its way. Model 11006. Bronze case, black bezel, white face. Still sorting out the insurance for shipping, but it should be en route tomorrow. I'll post some pics when it gets here.

Update

The piece arrived earlier this week and I'm quite pleased with the purchase. Watch #2 out of 49. No issues getting it functioning and so far it is performing fine. Any idea how old this piece might be? How soon should I have it serviced? I'll check it for accuracy in the coming weeks using one of the methods described here on the board. It was an interesting path that lead to the purchase. It began a few weeks ago when I was looking for a Ball watch. I was browsing one of the sponsor's sites when a used San Marco caught my eye. Despite belonging to the site for some time and scrolling passed the Anonimo forum numerous times I was unaware of the what the brand represented. I started browsing the forum and came across Stew77's Glauco review. Despite the restructure of Anonimo I'm glad I stumbled onto the brand. Hopefully the new owners reintroduce some of the historic models. On the wish list is an Argonauta and a Militare Vintage (pale yellow). Some photographs of my new piece:

Name:  IMG_3093 (2200x1467).jpg
Views: 414
Size:  445.9 KB

Name:  IMG_3090 (1467x2200).jpg
Views: 431
Size:  801.3 KB

Name:  IMG_3111.JPG
Views: 423
Size:  432.8 KB

Name:  IMG_3145 (2200x1467).jpg
Views: 412
Size:  457.7 KB

Name:  IMG_3147 (2200x1467).jpg
Views: 429
Size:  835.8 KB

Name:  IMG_3149 (2200x1467).jpg
Views: 424
Size:  525.8 KB
    47 Jewels. My understanding is the base movement is 30 jewels. Are the extra jewels due to the date module? Hard to see, but the rotor has the Anonimo logo with word "Anonimo" engraved into it. Seriously small letters. Pretty cool

Name:  IMG_3083 (2200x1467).jpg
Views: 424
Size:  632.5 KB
    The patina is pretty consistent. Some darker areas around the lugs. They look like they were caused by fingerprints that didn't get wiped down before it was put back in the case. I doubt I'll address them as I like the current dark look.

Name:  IMG_3072 (2200x1467).jpg
Views: 388
Size:  900.8 KB
    Last edited by Budget1; May 25th, 2013 at 23:42.
    StefB and Firenze like this.

Re: New Owner

Congratulations on your acquisition! Look forward to seeing some pics
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

congrads

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats, be sure to post photos, it is a curious looking watch

One more question. My strap is stamped "Made in Italy" and "Dino Zei." How would I tell if it is a Kodiak treated strap?

Quote Originally Posted by Budget1 View Post
    One more question. My strap is stamped "Made in Italy" and "Dino Zei." How would I tell if it is a Kodiak treated strap?
    All Kodiak once I've had - four straps, to be precise- had Kodiak stamp on the backside.

Good to know. I'll keep it out of the water until I get another strap.

Watch looks good. Interesting thing I noticed was your caseback is bronze. The caseback on the other bronze Dino Zeis i ve seen have been stainless steel.

Re: New Owner - Updated with Pics

It's just a variation - the bronze caseback. like the drass, ox pro militare crown protectors. some come in matching finish, and some don't. This might not had been an official release. I wonder if the reason was due to the possible allergic reaction or patina that leaves marks on your wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Budget1 View Post
    Good to know. I'll keep it out of the water until I get another strap.
    Not sure if there will be Kodiak straps available in the future. But there is always the option of getting custom straps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information