NEW w/o Tags Professionale (Mod 6000) - Good or Bad Deal?
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: NEW w/o Tags Professionale (Mod 6000) - Good or Bad Deal?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

NEW w/o Tags Professionale (Mod 6000) - Good or Bad Deal?

Name:  UlliMueller1 049.JPG
Views: 430
Size:  163.9 KB

Hello. I'm new to the forum and looking for feedback on a NEW w/o Tags (Mod 6000) Professionale I recently purchased on eBay (still awaiting delivery).

I realize that watch is over 10 years old and that I purchased from a non-authorized dealer. That said, I asked a number of questions before purchasing, and the auction house said their clients watch is guaranteed NEW, he's the only owner, and the watch has never been worn; their client is a collector that's unloading several clocks. Originally they had the item listed as pick-up only and shipping to the USA was not possible. I persisted, and eventually they agreed to ship it to me. In addition, they did not agree to 3,700 euros, but finally agreed to 4,000 euros (approximately $5,500 USD) which their client said was the absolute lowest he'd go. The pictures appear to support the NEW condition, but if it shows any signs of wear or doesn't function properly when it arrives I will return for a full refund. All in all, I'm obviously going on trust here, and hope this ends up being the extremely rare find I think it is; likely prompted by 2nd change in ownership Anonimo recently announced.

Baring the potential parts/service/quality control issues I may experience down the road, is $5,500 a reasonable deal if it's genuinely in perfect like-new condition?

Other Questions:
    1) Where can I purchase OEM hex-head bezel screws similar to those on the GMT Professionale?
    2) Where there any known QC improvements or other significant changes between original Professionale (Mod 6000) and the newer GMT versions (Mod 6001)? What are the biggest service/repair issues typically associated with the Professionale?
    Last edited by askered; April 15th, 2014 at 07:17.

Re: NEW w/o Tags Professionale (Mod 6000) - Good or Bad Deal?

I wouldn't hesitate to buy an AUTHENTIC pre-owned watch because it doesn't have TAGS!!! Unless I walk into an authorized dealer and pay a large sum of money for a brand spanking new watch, I safely assume a pre-owned watch doesn't have to be complete and I am perfectly OK with that. A lot of people want complete set when they buy pre-owned watches, but they will have to look hard and pay pretty money for complete set. The only difference between your Professionale and the GMT is the movement, that's it. Your watch looks very nice and my yellow says hello!!!

I am sorry to tell you that you got a VERY bad deal. As you acknowledge, the watch will be difficult to repair and service, since parts are no longer made for this watch. Further, for this reason, resale will be at best, difficult. Used Pros, at the height of their popularity (when the original Anonimo company was still in business) usually sold for at most, $3500--in mint condition, and usually between $2500 to $3000, if you were patient, and looked around a lot. Their original retail prices were extremely high, and completely out of sync with their foothold in the marketplace--as such, they essentially priced themselves out of business.

These days, with zero support from the current Anonimo company (no service, no parts, no interest), if you pay more than $2000 for any Nimo, you best really want it, and never plan to sell it, and can absorb the loss if at some point down the line it needs work on some of its special parts. When I see Nimos on the bay for astronomical prices--a throw over to their past of exaggerated and extremely idealistic pricing--I often feel like writing, "So I guess you haven't heard that these watches no longer command any kind of value in the marketplace, what with no service, no parts, no viable company standing behind them..." but I am afraid it would fall on deaf ears.

As for your questions:

1) OEM hex screws used at the lugs for strap and bracelet attachment were a great improvement--the last great thing the original Anonimo did--unfortunately, they are now impossible to find, though the older lower quality (but still quite functional) "minus" head lug screw sets are still available from aftermarket sellers at a reasonable price (on the bay)--I got a couple of extra sets for my older Pro--they look and act just like the OEM versions, as long as you order the right ones. These are not interchangeable, however with the newer hex screws--you have to have whatever version was in the original watch (hex for hex, minus for minus).

2) Don't know of any quality improvements of the newer Pro over the older one, other than the hex-head screws for the lugs/strap attachment, which is somewhat dubious since the hex screws are now completely unavailable, while the older style screws can still be purchased from aftermarket sellers for about $30 a pair (much cheaper than what the OEM replacement screw sets sold for).

3) Biggest repair issues with the Pro involve the crown, which sometimes gets stripped or damaged (and it's little red gasket)--and now, impossible to repair since there are no longer any parts available. The other issue is the case and the very thick non-standard crystal, though quite robust, if you do happen to damage either, there are no easy solutions, as these are unique not only to Anonimo, but unique to this watch, of which only a few hundred were ever produced.

If you can cancel your purchase, or stop payment on your purchase, I would advise you to do so, and simply grab a used one when it turns up (for in the neighborhood of half what you paid, or less)--there are a few on the boards at this very moment--to keep the price low, I would look for the original model which is just as good as the latest version. I picked up my Pro for less than the retail price of the Pro bracelet, in truly mint, unused condition, with boxes and papers....

With all that said, though, I love my Pro--it is my favorite watch in my "rotation," and these days I wear it 90% of the time, at the expense of the other five watches in my signature. In fact, if I found another Pro (at a bargain price!) I would buy it, just to have parts in case my current Pro needs work.

In any case, best of luck.

Peter
    Last edited by timefleas; April 14th, 2014 at 06:34.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Peter - Thanks for the candid feedback. Had a hunch I overpaid, but I've wanted a PRO for 10 years now and I figured this might be my last chance. I don't buy watches to flip and make a profit as it appears others on this forum do. Instead, I buy to wear, use and enjoy throughout a lifetime. The original PRO w/black dial is an amazing case and work of art, and I take pride in the thought that only 250 exist on the planet.

I've got 30 days to return according to the sellers eBay post. Will post again when I determine the actual condition of the watch. From there I may send back for a full refund, or, depending on the actual condition, keep and renegotiate the price.

BTW - I like the idea of picking up a 2nd one for spare parts. I didn't see any for sale on this forum. Where are the ones you mentioned?

Thanks,

-askered
    Last edited by askered; April 15th, 2014 at 07:04.

Sorry, but renegotiating a price when the item you purchased is everything the seller stated, isn't a valid reason for returning an item you you just bought. Could you have found it cheaper, even NEW? If you would have known were to look for it or if you would have asked on the forum.....the answer is, probably yes.
    Basically the new ones are offered at that price but all of us know that offered price and "true" price ar a world apart..Like Peter said used ones command a much lower price tag, even the minty ones..
    Last edited by torromoto; April 14th, 2014 at 15:43.
    JP Chestnut likes this.
    Best regards,
    Guillermo

Current NIMO's

ANONIMO GLAUCO BRONZE /DRASS (bezel), black dial
    ANONIMO GLAUCO II BRONZE, black guilloche dial

others

Seiko Marinemaster MM300 SBDX001
    Seiko Marinemaster MM600 SBDB001

I have to agree that it may be difficult to renegotiate once you have paid and have received the watch, but of course if they allow for unconditional returns, I would just return it and keep looking. As for used Pros, there was one here in the sales section, but was sold within the last day or so (what people ask for and what they sell for are two different things...). On the bay, there is at least one listed under $3K and of course you are always free to offer anyone any price, regardless of what they were asking--I offered the seller less than half what they listed theirs at, and they sold it to me for my price, so it never hurts to give it a try. Take your time, others will appear--I have noticed several long time Nimo lovers unloading their watches recently, maybe finally fed with the new management fiasco, who knows, but I am sure there will be more to come.

Peter
    Here today, here tomorrow...

agreed, terrible price unfortunately on that watch,,, were talking a few thousand too much....sorry. great watch, awful deal.
    JP Chestnut and dosei like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ericfeuer View Post
    agreed, terrible price unfortunately on that watch,,, were talking a few thousand too much....sorry. great watch, awful deal.

^^^^ This guy knows his stuff
    JP Chestnut likes this.
    Regards,
    Chris

Sorry to say I agree with the others and after owning various Anonimo watches I can confirm they have horrible resale value. The state of the company behind it doesn't help. But that said if you bought it happily for that $ and had the funds then...

You are lucky if they accept the refund after receiving the watch as most buyer won't accept a return because the buyer feels he paid too much after actually buying it. A few questions here on the forum BEFORE the purchase and some quick research would have provided all the info you needed to either not buy this one at this price Or negotiate before the purchase.
    I see this as the buyer responsibly and not the seller, personally. Granted the seller asked too much but that's his right and no one forced you to buy it. Seems even wrong to ask him.

But I hope it works out for you. Either way you'll have a great watch to enjoy. Truly a superb case. Hope you wear it in good health. Also be gentle with the crown and in winding it. They are fragile. Don't overwind it and always turn the crown counterclock wise a little until you feel the thread engaging and then turn clockwise to screw it in.
    Last edited by Jeep99dad; April 14th, 2014 at 17:55.
    dosei likes this.

I would add that any watch that has sat for 10 years will also likely need a service. The original oils are likely dried up and wearing it may do damage. Be sure to service it before you wear it long.

Kind Regards,
    Nick
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information