Noob entering brand with Mod 2000 / Questions on Professionale GMT
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Noob entering brand with Mod 2000 / Questions on Professionale GMT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Noob entering brand with Mod 2000 / Questions on Professionale GMT

Hello fellow Nimo fans. I have recently entered back into the watch collecting (addiction) world with a new Millemetri Mod 2000 black dial. After not wearing a watch at all for many months (I had to dry out after a buying binge), I started wearing my trust Sinn U1 as my "sole" watch. The problem was, it didn't go too nicely with my work attire. So I started looking for something that was sporty, with good water resistance, yet could be dressed up a little better than my U1. These characteristics always leaned me towards Panerai, which I do love. But I told myself I was not going to spend that kind of money again. I was looking a lot at at things like the Hamilton X1, nice but just a little large for my 6.75 wrist. And water resist not so hot. Then something reminded me about Anonimo, so I started looking at the current models. It did not take long at all for me to fall in love with this new (to me) brand. It has all the things I love about Panerai at a much, much more reasonable price point. And the added benefit of not many people knowing what they are or having them for that matter. The only thing I am really not digging is the strap changing method. Tedious at best. But, it has been helping me work on my patience.

Anyway, I am hooked on them after strapping this awesome Mod 2000 on. But I find myself wanting to get a more sporty flavor of the brand as well. I have been looking at the Professionale GMT. I was wondering if anyone with a 6.75 or smaller wrist would have any wrist shots of the Pro or Pro GMT they could share with me. I am worried it might be a tad bit too big for me. But I cannot get over that case. WOW! Just, WOW!

Thanks in advance for any pics / guidance on the GMT.

Cheers,
    Michael
    --------------------------------------
    Now is the only time that's real...

Re: Noob entering brand with Mod 2000 / Questions on Professionale GMT

A quick and dirty wrist shot. I have her on a oiled dark brown strap/deployant from Panatime.

Name:  Nimo.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  54.2 KB

Don't have a wrist shot handy--maybe in a day or so--but will say that on my slender though slightly larger wrist (about 7 1/8") the Professionale fits very well, while the same case-sized Pam watches (I've had several) didn't--the Pams used to bump into my protruding wrist bone (I am left handed, so just the case hits it, not the crown), and would leave marks/bruises, but the Pro has shorter lugs, and they arc downward, so that the band wraps very smoothly and neatly around my wrist--this would be true for an even smaller wrist as well, I am sure. I have other watches, and have owned many many others, but honestly these days, I wear the Pro 90% of the time-- a true masterpiece of craftmanship and design.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here is a shot of my Professionale 200ATM diver, which is the same size and shape as the Pro-GMT. My wrist is small like yours, which is 6.75". The watch fits very well on my wrist and the lugs do not hang out and over my wrist. In the picture the lugs look like they hang out over my wrist but they do not and it is just coming from the camera angle. I love wearing the Professionale. The Pro-GMT is a great watch so get it!!!
    Last edited by U5512; April 11th, 2014 at 07:11.

Awesome, thanks guys. I am going to keep my eye out for one. They are so striking.

Found one (GMT) in Australia. Picked it up and it's on it's way. Thanks again for the pic to give me an idea of the size on my own wrist. Though if this one doesn't suit me in terms of how it looks on my wrist, I don't think it will be too difficult to find it a new home. They seem to be rare and sought after. Cheers...

I think you've bought the Pro-GMT from the forum member here...phunky monkey? Either way congrats and wear it in good health!!!

Yup, that's me!

The GMT is on it's way Mike, should be with you shortly. It's a great piece, and I only sold it to help fund a grail purchase I made last week. She will be missed...
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

Yep, I got it from the Phunky Monkey from Down Unda. I can't wait and have been looking at straps already. :)

Just be cautious of which straps you choose Mike as the lugs are very short on Anonimo's. Kodiak and Toshi fit best in my experience, but so long as your strap maker can customise your straps to suit the lug length then you should be fine.
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information