OK...let's not jump the gun...
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: OK...let's not jump the gun...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OK...let's not jump the gun...

I'm not sure what I missed recently (haven't been here a while - too much nasty)...but seems there's a lot of hostility over a new takeover we all knew was coming, and had been discussed here to death (where was everyone a year ago - busy snapping up 'bargains')? They simply showed some 'generic' mass appeal models at Basel for effect - to see interest level out there (why no movements, yet, etc.) Marketing 101 - research. We know they are trying to pull a 'Panerai' move, and get the Swiss Made, less unique designs aimed at a larger target audience. Clearly, the interest level for low production, in house cases and Italian (ex Panerai) watchmakers was not there (lack of Distributors, AD's, and ultimately sales). Smart, actually to try and get some feedback pre-production - duh, and yes, at least make a showing at Basel to show they're still here!) Yes, we are disappointed in the diversion from the phenomenal watches we loved - but hand made, small numbers appeal to the true watch lover who appreciate the difference between a mass produced Tag or Rolex and Anonimo - most don't care, and just want status symbols. As I said numerous times here, most on this forum seemed more concerned over finding (and flipping!) bargains, then complaining over QC when they bought old stock gray market or even pre-owned). This forum was unique like that - attracting numerous bargain basement hunters instead of folks more interested in supporting the brand and AD's. Kind of Hypocritical it seems...at least I tried to support them here for years with suggestions and purchases from AD's before souring on managemnt and liquidators who didn't give a crap. I personally hope the new team find a theme with more mass appeal, then reissue some old high end models someday when the brand name has a 'name' and some distribution. (PS - Anyone having trouble using the 'enter' key here - never did before??)
    Last edited by Jebhut; May 9th, 2013 at 08:35.
    samanator likes this.

Re: OK...let's not jump the gun...

I can tell you a true story . about 3 years ago , I went to the iwc flagship store in Hong Kong, wearing my bronze D-date. the European store manager immediately spotted and and said "interesting bronze case watch, it's very nice "

looking at the Basel renders if the new Anonimo. I only can only say "bland and no heart"

lets hope these renders are really just market research

Quote Originally Posted by Jebhut View Post
    I'm not sure what I missed recently (haven't been here a while - too much nasty)...but seems there's a lot of hostility over a new takeover we all knew was coming, and had been discussed here to death (where was everyone a year ago - busy snapping up 'bargains')? They simply showed some 'generic' mass appeal models at Basel for effect - to see interest level out there (why no movements, yet, etc.) Marketing 101 - research. We know they are trying to pull a 'Panerai' move, and get the Swiss Made, less unique designs aimed at a larger target audience. Clearly, the interest level for low production, in house cases and Italian (ex Panerai) watchmakers was not there (lack of Distributors, AD's, and ultimately sales). Smart, actually to try and get some feedback pre-production - duh, and yes, at least make a showing at Basel to show they're still here!) Yes, we are disappointed in the diversion from the phenomenal watches we loved - but hand made, small numbers appeal to the true watch lover who appreciate the difference between a mass produced Tag or Rolex and Anonimo - most don't care, and just want status symbols. As I said numerous times here, most on this forum seemed more concerned over finding (and flipping!) bargains, then complaining over QC when they bought old stock gray market or even pre-owned). This forum was unique like that - attracting numerous bargain basement hunters instead of folks more interested in supporting the brand and AD's. Kind of Hypocritical it seems...at least I tried to support them here for years with suggestions and purchases from AD's before souring on managemnt and liquidators who didn't give a crap. I personally hope the new team find a theme with more mass appeal, then reissue some old high end models someday when the brand name has a 'name' and some distribution. (PS - Anyone having trouble using the 'enter' key here - never did before??)
    Has to be the biggest understatement of all time....sorry, just couldn't resist.
    phunky_monkey and StefB like this.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    Has to be the biggest understatement of all time....sorry, just couldn't resist.
    Says the guy with no Anonimos in his signature...with fans/support like yours, no wonder the brand fell..uh oh, Ball better watch out! (5 Ball, no Anonimo- downgrading, or just less easy to flip for a profit?) Sorry, couldn't resist...such worldly infallible opinion. Some of us would like to believe a new start is possible...and finally free of the liquidator sales, and questionable gray market watch dealer tactics which hurt the brand of late...I wrote to Anonimo and was thanked for helping...and was a cheerleader for years. What did you do positive?
    Last edited by Jebhut; May 10th, 2013 at 04:59.

Oh boy!
    1. Anonimo Cronoscopio Mark II TruBlu LE
    2. Ball Trainmaster Cleveland Express
    3. Ball Trainmaster Moon Light Special LE
    4. Habring2 Chrono Sport Valjoux 7733 Manual Movement LE
    5. Longines Master Collection Manual Movement
    6. Muhle Glashutte 29er Big
    7. Omega Speedmaster Professional Moon Watch
    8. RGM 250
    9. Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Quartz
    10. Tissot SeaStar 1000 Chronograph Diver
    11. Tissot SeaStar 1000 Powermatic 80 (new version)
    12. Tudor Black Bay Bronze
    13. Victrinox INOX Titanium

USED TO OWN
    1. Azimuth Jagdbomber 47mm
    2. Tutima Grand Classic
    3. Tag Heuer Links Chronograph
    4. Zenith Chronomaster T
    5. Chronoswiss Lunar Triple Date
    6. Baume and Mercier Classima Chronograph 8692
    7. Ball Trainmaster Cannonball Express White Dial

SBD

Oh boy is right! While we're on the subject, anyone have any good gray-market connections? I feel like now is the time for some serious bargain hunting! Some of the Ebay prices are ok, but I'm looking for a real steal. I feel like I dodged a bullet by not paying full price for a SM last year -- I can probably get 3 of them for the same price now. I guess maybe there a silver lining in all of this. ;)
    phunky_monkey likes this.
    'I flip my watches and I cannot lie, so many choices and I can't decide.' -- Sir WIS-a-lot

Where's my bucket of popcorn??
    whywatch9 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebhut View Post
    Says the guy with no Anonimos in his signature...with fans/support like yours, no wonder the brand fell..uh oh, Ball better watch out! (5 Ball, no Anonimo- downgrading, or just less easy to flip for a profit?) Sorry, couldn't resist...such worldly infallible opinion. Some of us would like to believe a new start is possible...and finally free of the liquidator sales, and questionable gray market watch dealer tactics which hurt the brand of late...I wrote to Anonimo and was thanked for helping...and was a cheerleader for years. What did you do positive?
    OK, I'll play, though I think we have already gone round once on this merry-go-round.
    I think these qualify as positive contributions to the Anonimo community.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f16/ano...se-782573.html
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f16/ano...ts-723781.html
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f16/ano...-a-669597.html
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f16/bro...ps-527122.html
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f16/ste...ew-536790.html
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f16/ano...ps-455863.html

And again territory that has been covered before, as for what is in my signature, really, is that something that need be criticized or ridiculed? I happen to like both Anonimo and Ball A LOT, and what I happen to favor at this particular moment in time is only something I should have to answer to, not you or anyone else.

Now, I could turn and place the ball in your court, and ask what positive contributions you have made to the Anonimo forum, but I won't, since really, I both don't really care nor do I quite understand why it is necessary to attack individuals, their means and methods of collecting, contributing and supporting the forum--personally, it really doesn't matter what water has passed under the bridge--once passed, it should be long gone--that was my point about my reference to your repeated allusions to people who don't toe the line according to the book of jebhut (which apparently include people who don't buy Anonimo new, who buy from ADs not on your list of known dealers, who complain about some aspect of Anonimo, and who don't have the requisite number of Anonimo watches listed in their signature)--I thought this was a rather old story, oft repeated, with little constructive merit. I personally will continue to support Anonimo, continue to contribute positively to the forum and continue to keep my eyes out for my next Anonimo--heck, I may even include it in my signature--who knows!?

Peter
    Last edited by timefleas; May 11th, 2013 at 19:26.
    whywatch9, StefB, Akerue and 1 others like this.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

A watch signature police? Really? Learn something new every day, but never saw that one coming.

OK...swore I wouldn't get involved here again, but a 'snide' remark was made here, once again as I was trying to be about the only one positive about Basel...I NEVER started personal attacks, just answered them. Signatures are fine, it was a simple observation...but if you don't have any keepers in your collection, just an obvious question why you would be one of the most vocal here?? Seems logical to me! :) Nasty remarks from folks when I justified the AD's prices to try and help (very important to any brand's survival...duh); and when I tried to help others whensome claimed purchases from supposed AD's which were not...nothing I've said was incorrect or an attempt to hurt the brand, unlike many here who have just constantly complained. I raved about my watches, and even Stoll on their warranty service! I saw this coming a while ago...and was trying to raise awareness with some tough love...hoping the company(or even AD's) would tune in...they never did (and was criticized for saying that!) I even contacted one of the then (a few years ago) 'big' names at the brand, and was written back and thanked....not a form letter either. But I WAS disappointed by what the management did to their fans and their watch values in a manner I've not seen before. Losing one of my favorite ever brands - largely I believe due to management and poor marketing/distribution! So...let's keep an open mind about the new line, that's all...if any old designers are still on board...BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Jebhut; May 14th, 2013 at 03:53.
    StefB and sjaakb like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information