Photos of new Polluce Magnum Bronze & Comparisons photos With the Original Magnum

Thread: Photos of new Polluce Magnum Bronze & Comparisons photos With the Original Magnum

Multiple Forum Sponsor - Topper Fine Jewelers

Photos of new Polluce Magnum Bronze & Comparisons photos With the Original Magnum

the dial has changed for 2011 Polluce Magnum. The new piece has a much subtler dial pattern. Below are some photos, and some comparison shots with one of the original pieces that has also aged and formed patina patterns over the last several years. How do you guys like the new dial when compared to the original?

Comparison pictures with an older Magnum Polluce.

Rob Caplan
    Twitter Robattopper
    Topper Fine Jewelers
    1315 Burlingame Ave
    Burlingame Ca 94010
    [email protected]
    www.topperjewelers.com
    Monday-Saturday 10:5:30
    888-730-2221
    650-347-2221
    Watchuseek Sponsor

Re: Photos of new Polluce Magnum Bronze & Comparisons photos With the Original Magnum

Great pictures as always Rob--thanks!! Personally, while I don't really like to see the innards of the (any) watch on the dial side, you are right that the new dial is more subtle than the old, and for that, I think more attractive. With that said I would rather have the same thing with a closed dial, and the logos centered.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

Re: Photos of new Polluce Magnum Bronze & Comparisons photos With the Original Magnum

Agreed Timefleas, though the Magnum has definitely grown on me a lot, and I think the top banner in this forum has a lot to do with that. It's grown on me to the point I'd definitely consider getting one.

I'd love to see a Polluce with a clean Millemetri-style face but with the case of the Magnum. Now that would be a winner in my books!

Great pics as well Rob, thanks for sharing
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I actually prefer the old dial.

It is more unique and has a certain design or aesthetic thrust that is more interesting than just a simple dial cut-out. It has more of a technical feel without being so overly technical. I think this is accomplished with the slate gray center, which uniquely enhances the viewable movement, date wheel, and bronze case. The center slate pulls it all together in a unique, successful manner. And on the wrist, the older version is really special and quite striking in a good way. Only when I first saw the older version wrist shots, did I fully appreciate the conception of the Magnum.

To me, the new one just looks like a (nice) Polluce with an unnecessary dial cut-out. I'm sure most would prefer that, but for me, is kind of boring and does not take the Anonimo/Florentine watch ideals to new ground, which I believe the original Magnum illustrates well. Also the larger white logo on the new version is too big/loud and the additional, new text (close to 6) is just too much or too close together, appearing squeezed together without much thought put into spacing and font size.
    Last edited by StefB; October 18th, 2011 at 05:02.

I vote for the new dial, which would be even nicer without that cut.

Thanks Rob,
    I like the new version very much!
    -O
    Anonimo
    Chronoscopio AMG Special Edition
    Militare Chrono Ox-Pro Edition II
    Aquadive BS300
    DOXA 6000t
    Marathon JSAR
    RESCO ​Patriot x 2
    Panerai 177 "The Stephanie"
    Sinn U1, 104 blue face
    Seiko SBDX014, SBBN013, SRP043K, SRP455
    Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine Diver
    Casio G-Shock:GWG-1000-1A3, 1AJF, GD-100MS-1
    Vintage Jaeger LeCoultre, REVERSO 976 and Universal Geneve
    "Time is too precious to keep it on an inexpensive watch"

I think both models are equally nice. In the sense that I don't see the new version as necessarily an upgrade, rather, more like a different version.

I honestly don't know which one I prefer.
    Rolex Explorer II 216570
    Panerai
    PAM 112
    Rolex Two-Tone Datejust
    Omega Constellation C-Shape Vintage
    Anonimo D-Date II
    Concord Impresario
    Seiko Sumo
    Casio MDV106

Thread Information