polish an Anonimo

Thread: polish an Anonimo

polish an Anonimo

My first Anonimo is incoming! A traditional black Millemetri 2000 model. Based on the pictures it's still in very good shape with only the slightest wear.

I did wonder though if I decide to have it polished, will that in any way change the appeareance? To be more concrete The cases are not moulded but "cut" so the case has all these large circular stripes from the cutting lines (excuse me for not being able to describe this better....). If I get it polished at a jeweller will I lose that effect?

Re: polish an Anonimo

First, I think you should just wait until you receive the watch before deciding whether it needs any restoration or not. As as I understand you, you are primarily talking about the ring effect you can pretty much only see on the rear case cover--I wouldn't worry about this in any case, since it won't be seen by anyone but yourself. Whether the external face side of the case needs polishing or not you can determine upon receipt, and if it needs polishing it won't diminish the integrity of the overall case design.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

Thanks. I'm definitely waiting to judge the watch myself. I was just moving forwards a few steps mentally that if it would need polishing, now, or in the near future if the ring-effect (thanks for naming my piece of blurb) would stay or if there are techniques to keep it.

The ring-effect is indeed best visible on the bottom, will have to wait and see when I hold it in my hands but it looks like the ring next to the glass also has thos effect, although not as clear as the back.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I also just picked up a Millemetri, and sent it to Stoll to have the case refinished. Cost $125, and should have it back within the next few days.
    Rolex GMT Master IIc 116710
    Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Squadra Hometime 7008120
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Mad Cow
    Breitling Blackbird A44359
    Breitling Airwolf a78363
    Breitling Aerospace Avantage E79362
    Panerai Luminor Marina 104
    Glashutte Original Sport Evolution Panorama Date
    IWC Aquatimer 3548
    Tag Heuer Monaco CAW2114

Thread Information