Question about Chrono hour register maker on ANONIMO CRONOSCOPIO MARK II NERO.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By korneevy

Thread: Question about Chrono hour register maker on ANONIMO CRONOSCOPIO MARK II NERO.

Question about Chrono hour register maker on ANONIMO CRONOSCOPIO MARK II NERO.

Hi Experts,
    I notice the chrono hour register is marked with "12, 2, 4, 6 ..". There are 4 markers between 12 and 2 which means each marker indicate 24 minutes past. So to read 1 hour it will be half way between markers. Any idea why it's done this way? Name:  280779d1272542772-cronoscopio-mark-ii-nero-p1000135.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  77.1 KB

Thanks
    Alex

Re: Question about Chrono hour register maker on ANONIMO CRONOSCOPIO MARK II NERO.

My guess its one of these un-explainable Anonimo design decisions, so dont read too much into it, really. Why two screws at 3 o'clock but only 1 at 9? Why bother using antiquated double-screw system in the day and age when everyone moved on? Why bother switching from the stupid antiquated double screw system to a much nicer hex one, but not before deciding to make the hex screws in idiotic proprietary size unavailable anywhere else in the world and then decide not supply the strap change tool with hex-system watches just for a laugh? Why make cases with such short lugs that the owner's must have patience of Gandhi to be able to swap even OEM straps? etc etc etc...thats the quirkiness of the original Nimos, and partly thats why this group still exists, some of these watches make NO SENSE but loved and cherished by quite a few of us.. PS: besides, who uses a chrono for anything useful nowadays anyways? LOL
    Last edited by korneevy; April 29th, 2014 at 21:27.
    phunky_monkey likes this.

Re: Question about Chrono hour register maker on ANONIMO CRONOSCOPIO MARK II NERO.

I see your point. If it's really just pure aesthetic then it a pity.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ah, just found this since I just got a Mark II. 2.5 years later, I present you with the answer to this question lol!

The Cronoscopio is a chronograph and the 1-20 scale is a 1/20 tachymeter scale for measuring speed. Anonimo is not exclusive to the 1/20 ring!

Ripped from Wiki:
    Note that the tachymeter scale only calculates the average speed. As a second example, if it takes 20 seconds to travel one unit of distance, then the average speed on the watch used for the purpose of the picture only is 180 units of distance per hour (examine the picture of the watch which is here to simplify the idea, actual tachymeters may vary slightly).

Lightbulb Re: Question about Chrono hour register maker on ANONIMO CRONOSCOPIO MARK II NERO.

Ah, just found this since I just got a Mark II. 2.5 years later, I present you with the answer to this question lol!

The Cronoscopio is a chronograph and the 1-20 scale is a 1/20 tachymeter scale for measuring speed. Anonimo is not exclusive to the 1/20 ring!

Ripped from Wiki:
    Note that the tachymeter scale only calculates the average speed. As a second example, if it takes 20 seconds to travel one unit of distance, then the average speed on the watch used for the purpose of the picture only is 180 units of distance per hour (examine the picture of the watch which is here to simplify the idea, actual tachymeters may vary slightly).

Thread Information