Renewed hope for new anonimo?
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Renewed hope for new anonimo?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Renewed hope for new anonimo?

As many of you may have noticed, the website have been redone at least twice in the past few months with more info on the proposed offerings. They also been quite active on Facebook. I feel that there is, after all, some chance that the new venture may actually be carried through to main stream production this time.

There has also been an article from trusted site regarding their come back (I am sure many of us have read - I will find the link at post it soon).

What do you guys think?
    :)

Re: Renewed hope for new anonimo?

The new website doesn't have a lot of new things to show, besides a "cute" animation on their bronze case.
    There might be hopes for the new anonimo, but there won't be any hopes for the heritage anonimo in the near future.
    The new brand is only using the name as marketing scheme. The new lines resemble nothing of the original DNA,
    except the militate case. If the article you are talking about is this one - http://www.ablogtowatch.com/anonimo-...lorence-italy/

The case maker in Italy seems to be different from the original - abucci(?spelling) family. I do have to say the finish doesn't look as refined...

A short answer is...No. This has been discussed at length in a number of threads here and as far as we've managed to gauge from the new owners, they dont give a flying duck about the heritage and history of the brand and couldnt care less about the collectors, so be it.
    timefleas likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by korneevy View Post
    they dont give a flying duck about the heritage and history of the brand and couldnt care less about the collectors, so be it.
    I have to go +1 on this and it pains me to admit it. So be it.

This has been discussed at length in a number of threads here and as far as we've managed to gauge from the new owners, they dont give a flying duck about the heritage and history of the brand
    Yes this is true, and I agree with you. I also note that there has been multiple threads regarding new and old Anonimo and the questionable transition.

If the article you are talking about is this one
    Yes

There might be hopes for the new Anonimo, but there won't be any hopes for the heritage Anonimo in the near future.
    This is what i am trying to highlight today that may be things are moving forward for new Anonimo. I see that if they are choosing to remake the militare, there is no reason why the range wont expand if they do well. Yes the current offerings do not look anywhere near as handsome as the Historic Militare. I hope they read this and take it on board.

About an hour ago, Anonimo SA replied to a msg which I sent to their facebook inbox last week.

Here is what i would like to share - a reply which appears to be slightly promising for new anonimo:

I asked : "I think your post on facebook (made on the 12 and 15 APR 2014) could include Estimate time of arrival for yr products to hit the market."

And anonimo SA reply:

Dear Sir,
    Thank you for the interest you show to Anonimo.
    We are currently building our distribution network around the world.
    Products will be available on the market through a network of official dealers in the 2nd half 2014.
    We stay at your disposal, should you have any further requests,

Best Regards, The Anonimo team

That is an interesting reply. Like many here, I don't believe that the "new" Anonimo will return to their roots as building nice watches that were coveted by WIS worldwide. I am still kicking myself for not buying a used 6000 that I had on my wrist in the Chicago Tourneau store last May.
    Some of the newer models that have been released were frankly pretty disappointing hence the angst around these parts. Jmho
    Kevin

No matter how "forward" the new Anonimo group goes, it won't be far enough, until and if they address their major shortcomings regarding all things related to the original company and it's original offerings. Until and if they address their corporate and public responsibilities to the "historic" brand, and provide both service and parts to these older models, they have not come nearly far enough, in my book, and will forever earn the well-deserved disdain of most in the watch collecting community.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

I think it now impossible to look past the point Timefleas has made.

If no attempt was made by the new owners to support the original customer base there would inevitably be an inherent problem in developing a new one. I am sure that ADs and the industry paid as much attention to this as forum members did. Blaming the original owners for shortcomings was an easy out for them. However, any thinking person would ask why they negotiated and purchased a company with an inability to service their existing clients?

One has to conclude it was not a priority for them - their prerogative as well as their consequences to face.

Unfortunately, before this matter was confirmed original fans had already been disappointed by the lack of communication and the design fiasco that led to the original re-launch at Baselworld 2013.

In fairness, it was never going to be an easy task to maintain the spirit of the original Anonimo. However, dismissing everyone who influenced the company prior to takeover was a dreadful, ego-driven mistake. Anonimo might have struggled as a small independent luxury goods maker for years, but there was integrity to the product with the company respected and admired.

The first few clumsy designs confirmed there was no true feeling for the essence of the original brand. Recent efforts have attempted to reverse the mistakes, but it’s been too little too late. The entire episode spanning the financial difficulties, the restructuring, the re-launch 1 and 2 have now extended into the third year. For fans of Anonimo it was as much an emotional investment as a financial investment when buying the watches, and at this point I would wager we all feel drained.

What bugs most is the re-launching of a financial secure Anonimo, one which honored the spirit of the original, was just as feasible as the re-launching of an ill-conceived and amateurish version which we all witnessed. Further to this, there was a great model at hand, the company which inadvertently spawned Anonimo to emulate, Panerai. True, there was an innate simplicity and minimalism to Panerai, but Richemont deserves full credit for honoring and capitalizing on the history (design and otherwise).

If a hand a tenth as adept had been taken to Anonimo, I think we would all feel a lot more positive and still feel ‘invested’.

Why the hell buy a company to then ignore what it is?
    They should have just started from scratch with the name Anonihole.
    JayVeeez likes this.
    use it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information