Repair and service???
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Repair and service???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Repair and service???

Seen a lot of good deals on anonimo and I want to buy one,
    But with new management what's the options for service?

Re: Repair and service???

similar question has been answer in many other threads~ there is no official authorized repair shop, but many watch shop will take on the service. repair is a little more difficult. you can reach out to the new company for parts or stoll or forum members. / one thing i like to clarify tho - it's not new management rather it's a new company using the old name.

I read most of those posts, but was reaching out to see what members had been doing with their repairs and if anything had changed.....
    Thank you for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by whywatch9 View Post
    similar question has been answer in many other threads~ there is no official authorized repair shop, but many watch shop will take on the service. repair is a little more difficult. you can reach out to the new company for parts or stoll or forum members. / one thing i like to clarify tho - it's not new management rather it's a new company using the old name.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Unfortunately nothing has changed. Unless someone has got different info.

b2s

To OP, I just sent my Polluce to Stoll&Co a few weeks ago. At first I went around my local watch jewelers, but most of them will have to source parts from somewhere which will drive the repair cost up significantly. I got one estimate as high as $900! The cheaper one is $500!

I called Rob and he highly suggested Stoll&Co as they should have most of the parts available, said he. So I called Stoll&Co, they said unless crystal, stem crown, dial or parts beyond the movement are needed, they can service my watch.

I send my watch in and the next day got a quote for $295 for overhaul service (COA, new gaskets and pressure test) inclusive of return shipping cost to me. The service will take up to 45 days by the way.

My Polluce had mechanical issue since I got it, having bought it preowned (barely worn in LBNIB when I receive the watch). It stopped running in the middle of my first evening out wearing it. After a few weeks or seeing my Polluce stopped in the middle of the day, I took it to a local jeweler. However, they couldn't find anything wrong at the time. So, they just did a basic cleaning and pressure tested. Somehow, my watch ran without any issue for 5-6 months after that (though the actual worn time was only about 2 months as I worn my others in rotation). So, I put it in my box until recently.

I just want to give you something to think about before buying. Those NIB or LBNIB may need some mechanical service unless the seller can provide some type of warranty. You should consider for additional repair/service budget as such.

Good luck with your decision.

B2s's reply is a pretty good overview of what to expect. Even when the original company was operating, there were service and repair problems. There are some shops that will fabricate some parts, such as a new stem for the Militare, or gears and so forth, but gaskets, (helium) valves, crystals, dials are pretty much beyond repair, though these would rarely need repairing in the first place (except the gaskets and crystals). Stoll usually turns away anything that needs actual repair, and will only service the old Anonimos. Generally I would look at other watches myself, unless the deal was truly sweet for one of their more unique models.
    Last edited by timefleas; September 5th, 2015 at 02:45.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by thirty8street View Post
    ... but was reaching out to see what members had been doing with their repairs and if anything had changed.....

Our resounding response to the situation is to unload ALL our Anonimos. Period. Hence the "good" deals that are out there. Good luck in your travails.
    use it!

b2s

Well, to my very pleasant surprise, my Nimo has just recently been delivered back from Stoll&Co so I want to write my impression about their services, etc.

I must say I am very pleased with the speed as it took within 3 weeks from the day they received my watch to receive my watch back. The charge is slightly less than the estimate as well which is always a good thing! The watch was packed very well (double packages) in fact.

The overhaul service of my watch included, COA, gasket replacement and pressure test. Well, the watch came back pretty much free of previous blemishes from the bezel, case sides (which has sand blast finished), crown, etc. All of the scratches from changing strap at the lug holes were all gone as well and they did the sand blast refinish to match the original.

It came with pressure test results along with what the watch maker observed (flaws) prior to overhaul my watch. Basically, those noted flaws were fixed, removed to pretty much like new conditions inspected by my eyes without any magnification.

I requested the watch maker to adjust my watch to run within COSC preferably +2 to +4 sec per day. I wound my watch about 20 turns, shook it every now and then for the first 4 hours then left it face up lay flat in my watch box. Twenty four hours later, it runs +2 sec!

For the price, speed and quality of the service, I am a fan. I had used their service in the past but for Doxa under the warranty repair service. I for sure will use Stoll&Co again in the future based on my previous two experiences.

Cheers
    phunky_monkey and John Price like this.

Dear Anonimo enthusiast,

I would like to make the following statement:

My name is Frederic Bastiat, and I am the CEO of Anonimo SA, the company which purchased Anonimo Firenze in 2012.

We do indeed repair any and all Anonimo Firenze watches. We have a huge stock of parts in our workshop in Switzerland, and if we do not have the specific part you need, we can make it or have it made.

Please do not believe that we have no parts, or that we can not repair, or are not interested in repairing, any Firenze product. This is simply not true.

We want to support our customers who have Anonimo Firenze products, as well, of course, as our Anonimo SA products.

We recognize, applaud and appreciate our historical Anonimo owners who have purchased watches since our beginning in 1997, and we will support you.

For information on what you can do to have your watch repaired, please contact us at [email protected]

In the USA, all repairs, whether Firenze or SA, are coordinated by Stoll and Co., who can be reached at [email protected]

Best Regards,

Frederic Bastiat
    CEO, Anonimo SA

Thank you all for the informative replies. Frederic thank you for the clarification.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information