Starting to have silly idea......
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Starting to have silly idea......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Starting to have silly idea......

im toying with idea of selling/trading one of my remaining 2 Nimos.......WTH,..,...Never thought I would even think about this but Im just not wearing it much......

[img]

Latest version with hex bars and new dia

Re: Starting to have silly idea......

Probably a difficult situation--more a question of how little it is worth to you, rather than how much (i.e. how much are you wiling to lose on it?). Personally, the days are long gone when it made any sense for me to sell and expect any kind of reasonable return--anything (Nimo) that has made it this far in my collection is basically a keeper until its demise, since it is worth more to me in basic appeal than I know I will ever come close to recouping in the aftermarket. Probably the bracelet on its own could command reasonable money ($600-$800), but I am guessing your chrono pro separately won't scare up more than $2K at best, no? (I got my own pro for quite a bit LESS than that, many months ago, and the market has swung even lower since then...). Best of luck!
    Last edited by timefleas; May 17th, 2014 at 03:13.
    whywatch9 likes this.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

I have never seen a pro chrono sell for $2k.. I agree with most of your points except for price on pro chrono..im realistic though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Of course if you can manage two (or three!) times that--great!

Your target of course would have to be the uninitiated--someone who doesn't know or understand what they are stepping into. My understanding was that this watch was never a big seller (if I recall correctly, the argument I heard was basically, on the diving boards, 'who needs a chrono diver as opposed to just a diver?'--it turned out that not many did, which may in fact to contribute to not many selling low--there just aren't that many out there to begin with).

To look at it another way--knowing what you know about the brand at this point in time--how much would you pay, if one came up on the block, and if you didn't have one already?--I know I wouldn't pay more than about $1.5K myself (for ANY Nimo), given all the recent and not so recent issues that have been discussed here.

Other examples: I have owned several regular Pros,a couple of Dino Zeis, and a Nocturnale, on and off over the last several years. Most I bought (used) in the neighborhood of $3K to $3.5K, and sold all at slight losses (under or close to $3K). Now, a pro isn't selling at all, or if it is, not at anywhere near $3K--I bought my latest Pro (mint, boxes, papers) for less than half that--several months ago--and the Nimo market has taken a further dive since then...
    Last edited by timefleas; May 17th, 2014 at 18:30.

There's a pro gmt waffle on eBay right now at over $3k with 28 bids and time left...still not met reserve...wow b

Quote Originally Posted by ericfeuer View Post
    There's a pro gmt waffle on eBay right now at over $3k with 28 bids and time left...still not met reserve...wow b
    What goes down will eventually go up again, I just enjoy my watches this is a value counting up every day. These are watches for my kids.
    Just imagine what a scarse anonimo will be worth within 20 years by now. A unique vintage watch with rich but tormented history (people love drama). Silly example look what they give for a gold casio of the 70ies. I would pay 3k for your watch...now owning a pro waffel in that segment.
    drylee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ericfeuer View Post
    I think you are taking my comments the wrong way. I only commented on the general malaise regarding the aftermarket for Anonimo--sure there will be exceptions--though those I think are fewer and farther between, and as I said, most I think will be bought by people who don't know better. The fact that there is one waffle pro on the bay at the moment that will sell past $3K must be good news for you--great--there seems to be more interest for your waffle than I imagined!!

Again, though, I ask you Erik, do YOU feel that your Pro Chrono is worth more than $3K--given all you know about the brand, and all that has been discussed here? I personally don't, and I think whoever gets the pro on the bay is making a huge mistake--but I will also be the first to admit that if it weren't for such folks on the bay, and elsewhere, then many of us would still be stuck with lots of other unfortunate purchases. Ultimately, if you can get a bundle for your watch, by all means go for it, the longer you wait, the less valuable it will become, contrary to the post below (I doubt a scarce Nimo will be worth much of anything 20 years from now--if it can't be fixed).

Again, don't get me wrong, though, I love Nimo, I own a Pro now, and have owned more than 15 different Nimos in the past--just relating my own personal experiences regarding the buying and selling of the brand--I wish things were different, but the changing of the hands from old Anonimo to new has done no one any favors, especially private collectors such as ourselves (unless of course you are looking for some real bargains).
    primerak likes this.

I actually feel the pro crono to be well worth above that amount simply for the workmanship, design etc. That said the market of collectors would not. Now the market for other non Anonimo addicts likely is better.

Trust me your feelings I agree with..i he it!!

I get it I meant

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information