Starting to wind down
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Starting to wind down

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Member aaamax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    221

    Starting to wind down

    Is it just me or does it appear that this site of Anonimo is starting to wind down?? No posts in over 2 weeks. Damn.
    I will be taking my next trip abroad sporting my old Militare taking pictures along the way… Anonimo on tour..lol, if I can find a donor Militare to get my old one back on its feet or hell, even a decent working one to take its place.
    So, if there is anyone out there that wants to unload their Ox-Pro Auto (non crono) cheap, let me know and maybe we can keep this site going a little bit longer.
    Cheers.
    use it!

  2. #2
    Member RICH61703's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    BOSSIER CITY ,LA
    Posts
    304

    Re: Starting to wind down

    I am giving my last anonimo away too a friend tonight at a party he always admired the watch so it will become his


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Member aaamax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    221

    Re: Starting to wind down

    Quote Originally Posted by RICH61703 View Post
    I am giving my last anonimo away too a friend tonight at a party he always admired the watch so it will become his
    Very nice gesture.
    Ten years ago I just never would have guessed that this would be the outcome of what was such a promising brand. Never.
    Well, I guess it's time to start working on the eulogy for this site…
    Cheers to all of you, it's been a good run.
    Brett Smith likes this.
    use it!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    UK, Ukraine, Switzerland
    Posts
    350

    Re: Starting to wind down

    Quote Originally Posted by aaamax View Post
    Very nice gesture.
    Ten years ago I just never would have guessed that this would be the outcome of what was such a promising brand. Never.
    Well, I guess it's time to start working on the eulogy for this site…
    Cheers to all of you, it's been a good run.
    Such a shame, my Anonimo's have been 'good' to me, great 'pieces, always admired by family,friends and strangers alike.

    However, It sadly seems that this section will be 'winding' down.......Why? Where has the enthusiasm gone?

    Me, I'll keep 'winding' my Anonimos and pray,hope that the momentum or some small part of this brand is kept alive here.......

  6. #5
    Member timefleas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Hiroshima, Japan
    Posts
    7,054

    Re: Starting to wind down

    My enthusiasm hit for this forum hit bottom when a few newcomers took over many of the threads while advocating for tolerance at the least, and acceptance in general for the new Anonimo brand, despite a virtual non-presence in the current watch market, and continued disregard for dealing with the needs of current owners of the historic models. It is actually because of them that I have decided to sell off what remains in my collection, a Marlin and two Pros--with people and sentiments like that in our midst, it just is no longer all that fun or cool to own a Nimo--a sad day indeed.
    Last edited by timefleas; February 8th, 2015 at 01:09.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    338

    Re: Starting to wind down

    Wow! Haven't been here in years! This same sentiment was going on years back when I was very active here...it became quite nasty, with folks claiming to buy through AD's when in fact they weren't, and complaining about Anonimo for poor QC (when in fact, many were buying at pennies on the dollar through bottom feeders...).

    I tried fighting for what I thought was a fantastic brand, raised a bit of activity again, and bought all 4 through legitimate channels, and received nothing but negativity for suggesting the same for folks who wanted to support the brand (instead of those only interested in flipping them, and purchasing through, let's say, less than responsible channels, using tricky wording to suggest they were Authorized Dealers).

    So the brand deserved its demise somewhat for allowing such loose controls, and losing complete contact with their only forum (here). (Even seen Anonimos STILL being sold as 'brand new' with no mention of the company being gone, or the near impossibility of getting these 'brand new' watches repaired (NO PARTS!) A few years ago there was hope, with their repair center saying they were well stocked...not now...

    Very sad...one of my favorite brands...never a problem with any of them, and I'd put their top of the line against most any sport watches... (but then I didn't buy the seconds, refurbs or 4 year old watches being sold as 'new' seen here all the time, ironically from the same folks complaining about 'their' watch being faulty!)
    Last edited by Jebhut; February 8th, 2015 at 07:06.

  8. #7
    Member Mediocre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Suburbia USA
    Posts
    9,627

    Re: Starting to wind down

    Hate to see this. I am sure that many hoped such a historic name would rebound and continue forward.
    Do something exceptionally mediocre today

  9. #8
    Member timefleas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Hiroshima, Japan
    Posts
    7,054

    Re: Starting to wind down

    Quote Originally Posted by Jebhut View Post
    ...This same sentiment was going on years back when I was very active here...it became quite nasty, with folks claiming to buy through AD's when in fact they weren't, and complaining about Anonimo for poor QC (when in fact, many were buying at pennies on the dollar through bottom feeders...).

    I tried fighting for what I thought was a fantastic brand, raised a bit of activity again, and bought all 4 through legitimate channels, and received nothing but negativity for suggesting the same for folks who wanted to support the brand (instead of those only interested in flipping them, and purchasing through, let's say, less than responsible channels, using tricky wording to suggest they were Authorized Dealers)...
    I never quite understood why you felt buying your watches new, at full price, from an "authorized" dealer somehow set you apart and above the rest. There are a variety of people represented in this forum who buy watches for a variety of reasons, from a variety of backgrounds. I, for example, being an educator, actually don't get paid all that much, but I love collecting watches. Should I be denigrated because I choose to buy used, gray market, or anything other than full price from an active retailer, and if so, why? I suppose I could buy one watch full price but certainly not four at Anonimo's inflated prices, but even back then, I knew that Anonimo was suspect in terms of marketing, poor service (I don't remember anything about poor QC), trying to sell their watches at very unrealistic and highly inflated prices--the fact that they priced them in such a way is why I chose alternatives towards ownership. The fact that they chose to sell in a market at a level above their earned threshold was their problem, not mine. The fact that they had to sell some of their stock to online sellers, and gave them powers to authorize warranty service was their problem, not mine. Most, if not all folks on this forum, at least, have purchased their watches legitimately, whether new or used, gray market or otherwise. To continue to beat this very dead horse simply throws dirt in the faces of those who don't deserve it--why, again, do we get this?
    JayVeeez and whywatch9 like this.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

  10. #9
    Member aaamax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    221

    Re: Starting to wind down

    Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    ...The fact that they chose to sell in a market at a level above their earned threshold was their problem...
    A very good point and one that I truly never considered as to a possible reason for the failure of Anonimo. Really poor business acumen with visions of grandeur, the italian way. (I can get away with saying this because of my italian lineage…lol)
    use it!

  11. #10
    Member JayVeeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    3,789

    Re: Starting to wind down

    Well, I agree it sucks. I disagree that complaining on an Internet forum about other people who got discounts when you paid full price from an AD is fighting for anything but a lesson in negotiating. I also think its real weird to come back and bring it up again 2 years later. Let it go man. Panerai still discount's occasionally, and Breitling regularly does quite a bit too but somehow they still stay in business and owners who buy in the grey market don't need to get a complex if they get a deal somehow. If it helps, I had about 14 or so and I bought 4 from an AD and cut it out when I realized that I could get an AD stamped model from many dealers. This was the brand's fault not the buyer. In the end the regular price was reflected in the market and exacerbated by the breakdown in distribution. Let it go.

    But, we don't need to make it a bigger drama then it already is by blaming people who bought at a discount. Some of the grey items even had papers with them. How is that is a buyers fault? It's not. It's Anonimo's fault and the reason this happened is because their MSRP was in the stratosphere compared to the actual product, they AD's broke down and dumped on eBay, and the biggest mistake which was the distribution network fell apart. So, AD's were dumping on Ebay, the price was cuckoo at the regular fare, and the distribution network also dumped them on eBay even before they get to the AD's you have a problem. They even had a damn eBay account called "PlanB"!!! Crazy!

    Sorry to be hasty. I mostly agree that it is sad to see, and am livid that most current grey sellers do dishonor historic Anonimo by even mentioning warranty's and such when they sell. It was one of my favorite brands as well and I was even happy with the quality of my watches. I had to send two in for service and it went without a hitch each time. The fault is soley on Anonimo for their circus-trick pricing, not marketing their strengths worth a darn (especially the last 2-3 years), the AD's sold out and so did the distribution network.



    Quote Originally Posted by Jebhut View Post
    Wow! Haven't been here in years! This same sentiment was going on years back when I was very active here...it became quite nasty, with folks claiming to buy through AD's when in fact they weren't, and complaining about Anonimo for poor QC (when in fact, many were buying at pennies on the dollar through bottom feeders...).

    I tried fighting for what I thought was a fantastic brand, raised a bit of activity again, and bought all 4 through legitimate channels, and received nothing but negativity for suggesting the same for folks who wanted to support the brand (instead of those only interested in flipping them, and purchasing through, let's say, less than responsible channels, using tricky wording to suggest they were Authorized Dealers).

    So the brand deserved its demise somewhat for allowing such loose controls, and losing complete contact with their only forum (here). (Even seen Anonimos STILL being sold as 'brand new' with no mention of the company being gone, or the near impossibility of getting these 'brand new' watches repaired (NO PARTS!) A few years ago there was hope, with their repair center saying they were well stocked...not now...

    Very sad...one of my favorite brands...never a problem with any of them, and I'd put their top of the line against most any sport watches... (but then I didn't buy the seconds, refurbs or 4 year old watches being sold as 'new' seen here all the time, ironically from the same folks complaining about 'their' watch being faulty!)
    Last edited by JayVeeez; February 10th, 2015 at 02:36.




Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Asian 6497 radiomir homage from ........... starting/stopping, even with full wind
      By DerangedGoose in forum Chinese Mechanical watches
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: March 17th, 2014, 12:10
    2. Replies: 9
      Last Post: March 31st, 2013, 10:31
    3. Replies: 0
      Last Post: September 10th, 2012, 16:20
    4. Replies: 1
      Last Post: July 21st, 2012, 01:04
    5. Replies: 0
      Last Post: March 6th, 2009, 14:00

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •