A statement from Mike Margolis regarding Anonimo SA
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: A statement from Mike Margolis regarding Anonimo SA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A statement from Mike Margolis regarding Anonimo SA

Just a comment to the population here that I am no longer associated with Anonimo SA. Neither is Frederic Bastiat, the former CEO.

I am sorry, I can no longer help you with any service issues.

Re: A statement from Mike Margolis regarding Anonimo SA

Quote Originally Posted by mikemargolis View Post
    Just a comment to the population here that I am no longer associated with Anonimo SA. Neither is Frederic Bastiat, the former CEO.

I am sorry, I can no longer help you with any service issues.
    Well that sucks. I am sorry to hear that. What does that mean for Anonimo SA?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Because nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational poster about being a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoat007 View Post
    Well that sucks. I am sorry to hear that. What does that mean for Anonimo SA?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think it means the Anonimo is (yet again) a kaput, for whatever reason. Interesting how many people tried and failed to resurrect it, and considering the market conditions for mid tier brands, I don't see how anyone would think it's a grand idea to inject capital and effort into a brand which never really recovered after the hostile takeover or bankruptcy or whatever it was, before the move to Switzerland...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Amazing. Even more amazing is that when checking eBay for deals I still see sellers trying to list anonimo watches for thousands..... Now that I added a Anonimo back into my collection, I wouldn't mind another again. But the deal needs to be right. Bummer to hear that it sounds as if there is still turmoil in that leaders are leaving

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Ohhh sh******t!!!

Not good. Sad. What a sweet brand it used to be. It was awesome.

It’s a long time since I posted, but yes, this is deflating but not unexpected news.

Some time ago, a selection of New Anonimo watches showed up in Bangkok under weak representation yet not long ago they all disappeared. Read into what you will.

Korneevy makes a valid point about trying to launch/rebrand Anonimo through this period (essentially one which, re this segment, has never entirely recovered post 2008). With best intent it would have taken deep pockets, a tremendous level of commitment and ambition for the brand to succeed. It would have also taken a party with clear passion and total understanding of the niche Anonimo existed in – an Italian brand with a distinct even eccentric character. That was never evident.

The new owners have done little but dilute every aspect of Anonimo in terms of heritage, design and manufacture, a clueless approach from the off and if we were to hear the brand will fold, none of us would be surprised.
    A few years ago I posed the best thing for Anonimo would have been for Richemont having enjoyed success with Panerai, to take over Anonimo. They appear to really honor and develop the brands they own. They likely would have moved the brand upmarket but I am sure they could have kept the Anonimo DNA intact.
    Either that or a wealthy patron take it over as a passion ( non-commercial) project, but, perhaps the only route to sustainable success would be to go decidedly up-market and remain niche.

If Mike’s departure underlines all is not well with the brand, I fear this time around the brand could disappear. It was one thing for Anonimo to face problems and still find an interested buyer, several years ago. I can’t imagine having notably devalued the brand (both in terms of the original fan base and industry itself) there would be many parties interested in flogging an incrementally deader horse.
    Does anyone have any actual information on the present health of the company,, Anonimo SA?

So it seems that not that long ago we had a letter on WUS from an Anonimo Executive stating that they had repair parts and would be able to take care of old customers watches going forward. It would appear that that is no longer the case and people are on their own with their watches if something case related goes bad? It seems like Aninimo resale prices have taken beatings a few different times due to this see saw business practices. It was always my grail brand when they were still a robust company.
    I am almost happy now that I never picked one up while feeling bad for folks that may be stuck.
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Streetboss View Post
    So it seems that not that long ago we had a letter on WUS from an Anonimo Executive stating that they had repair parts and would be able to take care of old customers watches going forward. It would appear that that is no longer the case and people are on their own with their watches if something case related goes bad? It seems like Aninimo resale prices have taken beatings a few different times due to this see saw business practices. It was always my grail brand when they were still a robust company.
    I am almost happy now that I never picked one up while feeling bad for folks that may be stuck.
    Kevin
    Where does information on "no longer supporting old customers" come from, Kevin? I had a very positive experience dealing with SA folks in Geneva, so curious where/what you've heard to substantiate this? Thanks
    Dhillon likes this.

Mike's letter--another nail in the coffin.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by korneevy View Post
    Where does information on "no longer supporting old customers" come from, Kevin? I had a very positive experience dealing with SA folks in Geneva, so curious where/what you've heard to substantiate this? Thanks

Agree with Korneevy. Had a very positive experience dealing with Anonimo.
    Just had my Sailor Diver 1989 returned to me looking good as new. Ok, it took 3 weeks longer than anticipated. But then the watch needed new parts milling, servicing etc etc.
    Personally, I'd give them a thumbs-up!!
    watchdaddy1 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information