strap care

Thread: strap care

strap care

Do you guys do any thing to care for your factory Aninimo leather straps?Do you shower with the watch on?

Re: strap care

Even though the factory straps are some of the most water resistant out there, I still wouldn't push it if you really want it to last. Pretty much any leather will eventually start to become dry and crispy with enough wet/dry cycles as the impregnated oil begins to deplete. You can prolong it's useful life with regular conditioning, which I make a monthly habit of doing with all of my leather straps regardless of brand. Just takes a few minutes to rub a little product on and wipe it off. It makes the strap feel instantly softer, but will also cause it to wear in better over time and eventually give it that warm, supple feel you get with older leather rather than just cracking and creasing in high wear areas.
    Dear WIS, I have seen your watch addiction affect your life negatively in the following ways...

Quote Originally Posted by midshipman01 View Post
    Even though the factory straps are some of the most water resistant out there, I still wouldn't push it if you really want it to last. Pretty much any leather will eventually start to become dry and crispy with enough wet/dry cycles as the impregnated oil begins to deplete. You can prolong it's useful life with regular conditioning, which I make a monthly habit of doing with all of my leather straps regardless of brand. Just takes a few minutes to rub a little product on and wipe it off. It makes the strap feel instantly softer, but will also cause it to wear in better over time and eventually give it that warm, supple feel you get with older leather rather than just cracking and creasing in high wear areas.
    What product do you use for this?
    Because nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational poster about being a winner.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Pretty much any leather conditioner will work, I use Zymol brand, but I don't think it needs anything fancy. Just test whatever you choose on the underside of the strap and let it dry fully just to make sure it won't discolor the leather. If it passes that test, don't be afraid to apply it pretty liberally. You want it to soak in some before you wipe it back down.
    Last edited by midshipman01; January 5th, 2011 at 10:27.
    Dear WIS, I have seen your watch addiction affect your life negatively in the following ways...

Thread Information