Straps?

Thread: Straps?

Straps?

Question for anyone: Have any of you guys had trouble with straps wherein sometimes the attachment point is too thick? Feels like you'd have to bend the screws to get them through, due to the short lug length? Find that half the straps I have bought don't work. Am I alone in this?

What are your guys favorite types and brands of straps?

Re: Straps?

OH YES FOR SURE!!!!! We all have felt that struggle....My Greg Stevens is a good example, wrestled it for 2 hours onto my Polluce Bronze......was a nightmare.....fits easier on my Pro Chrono though....Try Toshi straps as hes well versed in how to build for Anonimo....tell him the strap is for Anonimo and he will make it work...

Jam! Thanks for the tip Eric.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ericfeuer View Post
    OH YES FOR SURE!!!!! We all have felt that struggle....My Greg Stevens is a good example, wrestled it for 2 hours onto my Polluce Bronze......was a nightmare.....fits easier on my Pro Chrono though....Try Toshi straps as hes well versed in how to build for Anonimo....tell him the strap is for Anonimo and he will make it work...
    Second that re Toshi! Mine have fit perfectly, just be sure to mention that it's for a 'nimo.
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

Many strap makers shave a shallow trough where the leather bends and wraps the spring/screw bar to 'thin' this area. If you are aware of the problem, just make a note to them to ensure they do so (and if buying ready-made ensure this has been done during construction). I love Isofranes as they exude quality. Although the lug end of the straps are 5.5 mm thick, the hole to thread the spring bars is located a millimeter away from the end of the strap. Through extensive testing they know the strength of the strap holds up...but more importantly the strap fits any watch.

I've been tossing up a new strap for the Jap Edition Mille, and am slightly concerned about this (though glad this thread was put up as I had forgotten the issue that some strp makers face with 'nimo's). I was thinking a Bas and Lokes 'King' would suit it very well indeed, so I'll be sure to mention this if I go ahead
    Last edited by phunky_monkey; August 14th, 2013 at 06:21.
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

why don't buy original anonimo strap?

Sometimes it's nice to have something a bit more individual :) Anonimo don't do Vintage-type straps, and they're quite expensive too.
    Current:

I agree with Eric's and phunky's comments above regarding Rich at Toshi.

If you want the strap to fit perfectly right out of the box, tell Rich at Toshi Straps what model Anonimo you have and the strap will fit perfectly as delivered. Rich can even build them for the difficult fitting/custom Militare and Dino Zei models if that's what you need.

Thread Information