Straps for Dino Zei Nautilo?

Thread: Straps for Dino Zei Nautilo?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Straps for Dino Zei Nautilo?

Does anyone know where I can purchase straps for my Dino Zei Nautilo? I have the OEM and a second custom leather with bronze buckle but I'd like a couple more... I guess rubber is out of the question at this point?
    ------------------------------------------
    "Hail to the king, baby" Ash (Army of Darkness 1992)

Re: Straps for Dino Zei Nautilo?

I've not seen a rubber for them.

Try Toshi straps, I'm sure he could make one for you. The style and thickness would suit the watch in my opinion, so check his website out at Toshi Straps! Handmade leather watch straps - home page

Also, a member on here going by the name Torromoto (I believe that's how it's spelt) makes custom straps for DZ's also.
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

Got a strap for my Dino Zei Narvalo (same case I believe) from Rich at Toshi. Excellent strap - highly recommend.
    BALL Trainmaster Cleveland Express
    ANONIMO Cronoscopio
    LACO Pilot B Miyota
    OMEGA Speedmaster 3510.21
    SEA-GULL 1963 Re-issue
    BREITLING Navitimer A13322
    FORTIS B42 Flieger Day/Date
    ANONIMO D-Date
    LOCMAN 1970
    BALL Engineer II Moon Glow

ANONIMO DINO ZEI Narvalo
    VOSTOK Amphibian
    OMEGA Speedmaster 3506.61.00
    BREITLING Sprint
    BENARUS Moray 4 - Model B

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys! Ive contacted both of them now :)

Can anyone tell me who made the custom strap that came with my Dino Zei Bronze? It has a round building with a spike on top and the letter "S" in the middle engraved on inside of the bronze buckle? The quality is top notch!

Is it my old Nautilo from Legmaker72 (Christopher)?

If so, 'Simona' made the buckle: Di Stefano Straps & Torromoto made the strap I believe.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

Thanks for the info Dane this strap and buckle combo is perfect for my Nautilo... And now thanks to Nelson I have a Toshi on the way :)

Here is a thread I started a long time ago that features a trio of bronze Anonimo, with my Nautilo on a Toshi custom, and a Simona bronze buckle--might give you an idea of what to order (or not to order)--I found that using the measurement of the OEM tab was NOT the best way to go--my first attempt, shown on that watch and based on the OEM measurements was a bit too far from the lugs--I had him make a second strap with the tongue one or two mm shorter, and that one (not shown here) worked out better.

(All three bronze are sadly departed, but their memories remain...the one I regret flipping the most is the black dial bronze Polluce, which I originally purchased from the fabulous Rob of Topper fame.)

Peter

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f16/bro...ps-527122.html
    Here today, here tomorrow...

Gread thread Peter... some of the best shots I've seen of Anonimos yet... thanks forr the heads up :)

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    Here is a thread I started a long time ago that features a trio of bronze Anonimo, with my Nautilo on a Toshi custom, and a Simona bronze buckle--might give you an idea of what to order (or not to order)--I found that using the measurement of the OEM tab was NOT the best way to go--my first attempt, shown on that watch and based on the OEM measurements was a bit too far from the lugs--I had him make a second strap with the tongue one or two mm shorter, and that one (not shown here) worked out better.

(All three bronze are sadly departed, but their memories remain...the one I regret flipping the most is the black dial bronze Polluce, which I originally purchased from the fabulous Rob of Topper fame.)

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post

Peter

I feel your pain. I just bought the same black dial bronze Polluce for the 2nd time from Rob at Topper, as I missed it too much when it was gone...

I think a strapmaker needs to own the Dino Zei to be able to make the right strap for it..Sending him an OEM could help out so he will atleast also fold the leather on both shoulder ends instead of cutting out a corner (that's how I made my first beginners strap ).Takes more work to make it this way but it makes all the difference in appearance. A watch like this deserves a proper strap. We all know the OEM straps at them mom could be much better. I really disliked the strap kind of wobbling on the lugs..With the right leather a perfect strap can be made...I made mine using the OEM built (but better)..I made sure the shoulders really had a tight fit wich made it a bit more difficult to get the crews in but once in their in and with a perfect fit..I also made some custom BRASS tubes that I fitted in the strap (just like PANERAI)...
    Just to clarify..This is NOT a sales post just showing how it should be done!

Because of the BOX stitch it's more secure and rigid and when putting in a tube, you get the best possible fit...
    Best guillermo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information