Tricolore & Carbon Diver Photos. Two new pieces under $3,000 dollars Retail.

Poll: Which of these new 2011 Sailor Diver Variations Do you like better?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tricolore & Carbon Diver Photos. Two new pieces under $3,000 dollars Retail.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Multiple Forum Sponsor - Topper Fine Jewelers

Tricolore & Carbon Diver Photos. Two new pieces under $3,000 dollars Retail.

Hello Anonimo forum! It's been a while. We got some new pieces today and things are finally starting to settle down a little bit with our store construction. With a little luck, it should be done in a few weeks. In the meantime, we were able to get some shots of some of the production versions of a few new pieces today. Since everyone loves a poll, which of these 2011 models built on the platform of the Sailor Diver do you like best?

Tricolore
    The Tricolore (A modified version of the Sailor Diver, which takes the place of the Marina D'italia.) Unlike the Marina D'italia, this watch is not in the Dino Zei Line, but in the basic line. (just a quick side note. The red "30ATM Handcrafted in Firenze" is easier to see in real life than in the photos below). We didn't realize we hadn't taken a shot with that portion of the dial as the focal point, but we will on Friday.)

Carbon Diver
    The Carbon Diver. This watch features the same basic case and bezel as the Sailor Diver, Marina D'Italia, and the new Tricolore, but features a Carbon Fiber Bezel and Dial.

Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by robattopper; October 17th, 2011 at 07:57.
    Rob Caplan
    Twitter Robattopper
    Topper Fine Jewelers
    1315 Burlingame Ave
    Burlingame Ca 94010
    [email protected]
    www.topperjewelers.com
    Monday-Saturday 10:5:30
    888-730-2221
    650-347-2221
    Watchuseek Sponsor

Re: Tricolore & Carbon Diver Photos. Two new pieces under $3,000 dollars Retail.

I like the Sailor Diver and the new Tricolore, though I'm not sure I'd spring for either as I'd rather have a pre-owned Millemetri. The Tricolore would definitely make for a fun summer watch, and the Sailor Diver looks great on a bracelet, but I like the Millemetri's simple style and heritage.
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

Re: Tricolore & Carbon Diver Photos. Two new pieces under $3,000 dollars Retail.

If the choice was between the Diver, the Tricolore and the Carbon, then the Diver hands down. If you throw in a Millemetri, allowing for a range of dial colors, I can find several that I would rather have over any of the first three.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I really like the light blue color of the tricolore, and would consider it as my option if the date wheel had a different color. That black background is a turn off. My 2 cents.
    samanator likes this.

Imho the carbon is easily the coolest. They are really missing me with their choice of hands though. So much so that I would not buy one. But the carbon dial and bezel is a move in the right direction.

I just went through the decision with both a pre-owned Sailor Diver and a pre-owned Millemetri and chose the Millemetri.
    Current watches: Citizen Eco-Drive Skyhawk Atomic JY0000-53E. Custom built Vintage style watch with 15 Jewel Swiss Rolex/Cortebert 616 movement with custom made dial and re-shaped case.
    Watches now sold or traded: Seiko Marinemaster SBDX001 traded ;-( but know I will buy one again, Seiko Alpinist SARB061, 2 Lum-Tec Combat B-1's, 2 Omega Seamasters, Omega Speedmaster, Anonimo Millemetri, Anonimo Militare, Hamilton Officers Chrono, Citizen Skyhawk, Rolex Day Date, Tudor Prince, Steinhart Ocean One, Seiko Mil Sub Mod, Seiko FFF Mod, Seiko Sumo, Seiko Spring Drive, Sinn Hydro Prototype, Bell & Ross Bomb Squad, BaliHa'i CaliHa'i, Luminox Black Ops and many more over the years I just can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Torquem View Post
    Imho the carbon is easily the coolest. They are really missing me with their choice of hands though. So much so that I would not buy one. But the carbon dial and bezel is a move in the right direction.
    As I already stated elsewhere, the choice of the hands is not compelling to me too. I would let go on the Tricolore though.

i might be in the minority, but i particularly like the Marlin-style hands. probably not on all models, but i see it as uniquely Anonimo. imho, the tricolore is hard on the eyes because of the sky/pale blue face clashing against the yellow numbers and markers. it is quite 'loud', imho. it's great as a summer watch for sure.

adding the green, white, and red 'tricolore' banner made it too busy and the black date wheel was probably not the best choice. then again, with the predominantly light colors, a white date wheel would have rendered the date info unreadable.

my vote was for the carbon diver with this caveat: i hope the carbon bezel holds up during wear. it doesn't appear to be seated in any sort of epoxy or clearcoat and, thus, is presumably just glued to the case surface. i'm trusting anonimo did substantial testing on its durability before going to production... jk

Quote Originally Posted by revangel View Post
    i might be in the minority, but i particularly like the Marlin-style hands. probably not on all models, but i see it as uniquely Anonimo.
    You're not alone, I actually love the Marlin-type hands. They don't suit everything though
    Last edited by phunky_monkey; October 14th, 2011 at 01:08.
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information