Uh oh... I recently found out about Anonimo...
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RTea

Thread: Uh oh... I recently found out about Anonimo...

Uh oh... I recently found out about Anonimo...

and my bank account/significant other will (for the lack of a better term) kill me. I've ran across a few of them on the sales forum before but never really looked into the brand and for some reason I decided to do some research tonight and decided I NEED one. I'm not sure why but the "big" brands aren't satisfying that itch but these pieces look really unique and well made and now have a spot reserved in my collection. It seems the brand is picking up momentum but lacks history which I don't really care about anyways.

That being said, I was looking to pick up one of the following in the black dial and either brushed/bead blasted or light PVD looking finish (sorry I don't know the exact finish names yet):

-Militare Automatico 2010
    -Militare Chrono 2007

I really like the Dino Zei Glauco and Argonauta but they are a bit over my price range (I'm looking to pick up one of these up used). That being said, are the specimens on ebay for the most part legitimate? It looks like a few fakes are around but they look off unlike some Breitling and Omega fakes which are crazy good. From what I could find it doesn't look like any of the more complicated models have been replicated.

What are you thoughts on these models and how to do they compare in fit and finish to say Breitling and Omega or even Ball? Thanks in advance!
    tevj likes this.
    Current Arsenal:
    HMT Pilot | Casio G-Shock Riseman | Seiko SNZH57 | Baume et Mercier Capeland S Chronograph | Omega Seamaster Professional Chronograph
    Purchase free since: 4/1/15 (subject to change)

Re: Uh oh... I recently found out about Anonimo...

Just a word of advice..buy from reputable sellers, check references etc. and enjoy the ANONIMO experience.
    personally I would never buy off the bay anything of any great value...but that is just me.

I think you have interest in some very nice models which I own as well.

The case work is dynamite on the Stainless Dino Zei collection and more dressy than the other collections. The Militare series is very cool and unique. The case work is easily up there with Omega, IMHO.

I'm indifferent on eBay. But, I would make sure you are buying from a trusted seller if you pull the trigger.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the replies! I heard the Ox-pro finish is prone to fading, is this a big deal or is there a way around that?

I found a militare automatico on the bay and the seller said it was purchased in 2005 and has never been serviced but keeps great time. Considering its based on the valjoux 7750, servicing is probably on the more expensive side. I was wondering if you all would recommend having it serviced or let it be if its working fine.
    Current Arsenal:
    HMT Pilot | Casio G-Shock Riseman | Seiko SNZH57 | Baume et Mercier Capeland S Chronograph | Omega Seamaster Professional Chronograph

Quote Originally Posted by RTea View Post
    Thanks for the replies! I heard the Ox-pro finish is prone to fading, is this a big deal or is there a way around that?

I found a militare automatico on the bay and the seller said it was purchased in 2005 and has never been serviced but keeps great time. Considering its based on the valjoux 7750, servicing is probably on the more expensive side. I was wondering if you all would recommend having it serviced or let it be if its working fine.
    It is about that time to get it serviced. It should not be more than $300 to service it including getting all the scratches and dings out pending on how good a condition its in. Check out toppers and abouttime.com for your watch.

Online, so far, http://www.infinititimepieces.com/ has the best prices.

Fixed the link. Thanks for the heads up Nelson!
    Last edited by lorsban; April 1st, 2011 at 11:09.
    Rolex Explorer II 216570
    Panerai
    PAM 112
    Rolex Two-Tone Datejust
    Omega Constellation C-Shape Vintage
    Anonimo D-Date II
    Concord Impresario
    Seiko Sumo
    Casio MDV106

Hey fellas. Just an FYI, the recent rumble on infinititimepieces.com is that thier customers service and business practices have gone downhill fast! I don't even think they are a legit Anonimo AD and thier eBay store was recently closed down... Avoid!

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f65/inf...es-493625.html

Oh wow, better to avoid. I guess theres a reason why theyre the cheapest. Best to stick to topper or aboutime.
    Rolex Explorer II 216570
    Panerai
    PAM 112
    Rolex Two-Tone Datejust
    Omega Constellation C-Shape Vintage
    Anonimo D-Date II
    Concord Impresario
    Seiko Sumo
    Casio MDV106

Quote Originally Posted by JayVeeez View Post
    Hey fellas. Just an FYI, the recent rumble on infinititimepieces.com is that thier customers service and business practices have gone downhill fast! I don't even think they are a legit Anonimo AD and thier eBay store was recently closed down... Avoid!

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f65/inf...es-493625.html
    Thanks for the heads up! Their prices seemed really good although the models I'm looking for are already sold out :(.
    Current Arsenal:

Thread Information