Weekend Scare - TRU BLU

Thread: Weekend Scare - TRU BLU

Weekend Scare - TRU BLU

i wore my TRU BLU all day Friday but when i checked the time later that evening, my TRU BLU was about 50 mins ahead. i got home and decided not to put it on my winder overnight and the next morning it was one hour 20 mins ahead. i had a big day planned and i knew i wanted to sport my TRU BLU, so i adjusted the time and took a shower. 20 minutes later it was 5 minutes ahead.

i wore the watch again for the most part of yesterday.. and this time it was running at about 1 hour 40 mins ahead. before heading for bed i checked the watch and it looked like it settled itself down at 1hr 40mins ahead. i wanted to be more certain so i decided to leave it alone overnight. this morning, to my surprise (no, it didn't adjust itself back but) it stayed at 1hr 40mins ahead. obviously in my novice knowledge of horology i concluded that perhaps it "fixed itself" from running too fast.

it is definitely in much better state than it was last Friday, but i probably should take it in to get checked.

anyone else experienced the same? any thoughts on what happened (magnetized, perhaps) and what might be a good fix? anything else to avoid? i have a quad winder and one of my Alpinas is running a bit fast but it has always been that way. the TRU BLU has been pretty spot on for me since acquiring it earlier this year. there's a radio/alarm clock about six inches away from the winder and a lamp. not sure if that would have created any issues but would like to disclose anyway.

official movement specs (from anonimo.com) is as follows:

Movement
    Automatic chronograph, modified VALIJOUX 7750 with small seconds subdial suppressed, 25 jewels Incabloc, standard finish, adjusted 4 positions, Equality Escapement I, 28.800A/h.
    Power reserve 40 hours without the chronograph counting.

Re: Weekend Scare - TRU BLU

Most likely it's been magnetized.
    Do you have a quality watch winder?Sometimes the cheap ones can magnetize the watches.It happened to a friend of mine.

i have a Brookstone Quad Winder which i have been very happy with and i know many in this forum are using without any issues.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Most likely it got a the spring out of whack if it settled down when not wearing it. Do not wind and allow it to run fully out. Then wind and set and see if it is back to normal.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Thread Information