What do you like most about your Anonimo?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What do you like most about your Anonimo?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you like most about your Anonimo?

Hey guys,

I've had my Millemetri for a couple of weeks now, and I honestly cannot take it off. I don't know why. But, even when I wear something else during the day, I still swap it for the nimo when I get home. I never used to do that with my other watches, hell I don't even wear a watch at home, until now that is. If not for my fear of getting the strap all grungy, I'd probably wear this for sports, riding my motorcycle and whatnot. In other words, this is the only watch I want to wear 24/7.

So, it got me thinking. What is it about this watch that I like so much?

Simply put, the main reason is because it's so versatile.

I can wear this to work, at home, sports, at a party etc...all my other watches are either too flashy, too sporty, too expensive that I don't want to mess it up, too delicate or too black - that kind of thing. This one is a true all-rounder.

What about you guys? What do you like about your Anonimo(s)?

regards,

lorsban
    Rolex Explorer II 216570
    Panerai
    PAM 112
    Rolex Two-Tone Datejust
    Omega Constellation C-Shape Vintage
    Anonimo D-Date II
    Concord Impresario
    Seiko Sumo
    Casio MDV106

Re: What do you like most about your Anonimo?

I love that its so uncommon (Professionale 6002) and its aggressive styling.

The thing I love most about Anonimo's is simply their casework. I'm a big fan of craftsmanship (though I'm quite useless myself!), whether it be watches, automotive parts, furniture etc and have always been willing to pay the money for seomthing that feels unique and well crafted. I love a good weld on a custom intake plenum on a car, or beautiful joinery on a table and for me this is what Anonimo is all about. I always caught myself staring at the case on my Drass Millemetri, appreciating the different layers, textures and finishes and that is just amplified with my Nautilo.

Shamefully, in my short time of really getting into watches most that I have purchased have been safe queens (and one still is), but when I bought my Mille I found myself wearing it a lot more than any other. I thought it was because it already had a few superficial marks on the case and therefore my worry about damaging a new watch was not there quite so much. But now I have the Nautilo, I'm finding I can't get it off my wrist either and it is the most expensive watch I've purchased.

When it came to purchasing the Nautilo I contemplated a few other watches in and around the price range. I'd always wanted a PAM and with the sale of a few watches I had the funds to purchase one. But when push came to shove I realised that perhaps I don't want one as much as I thought I did and made the (correct) decision to go for the Nautilo, and couldn't be happier that I did. Now the U-Boat is for sale as well, and I have a San Marco incoming which I can't wait to get my hands on.

For me there is just something very special about the craftsmanship and I can't go past it. All I see is Anonimo in my immediate watch future.
    Last edited by phunky_monkey; April 8th, 2011 at 07:30.
    samanator likes this.
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well said guys.
    Rolex Explorer II 216570
    Panerai
    PAM 112
    Rolex Two-Tone Datejust
    Anonimo D-Date II
    Concord Impresario
    Seiko Sumo
    Casio MDV106

I love Anonimo's perfect balance of military functional high-style, with very unique design touches. I consider Anonimo watches the most stylish, masculine watches out there. And of course the casework is high mechanical luxury - superlative craftsmanship that few brands can approach. I own alot of arguably finer watches, but the Anonimos are the ones that I turn to the most, because they satisfy almost everything I desire in a watch. I find them highly satisfying on many levels.

I can go on....

my milli is my everyday watch others chip in for a bit of wristime but i always gravitate back to it.
    every time i try to get out... they pull me back in...

This might seem like an odd response, but there is something about the cases "not" being perfectly round that I love about the line. Most watches are round, plain and simple. Anonimo has ruined most round watches for me. Round watches just seem so ordinary now. I think I like PAM's for the same reason, but I do love the anonymous nature of the Anonimo brand. I think the build quality is stellar, the designs are unique and very rugged. These watches can go from a ballgame to the beach to the opera to the boardroom with ease. I also like the fact that the movements are not in-house movements. I would much prefer that the movements be accessible to any competent watchmaker.

Distinct shapes
    Unique materials
    Beautiful designs
    Limited quantities
    Rugged build quality
    Luxury without snobbery
    Because nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational poster about being a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoat007 View Post
    This might seem like an odd response, but there is something about the cases "not" being perfectly round that I love about the line. Most watches are round, plain and simple. Anonimo has ruined most round watches for me. Round watches just seem so ordinary now. I think I like PAM's for the same reason, but I do love the anonymous nature of the Anonimo brand. I think the build quality is stellar, the designs are unique and very rugged. These watches can go from a ballgame to the beach to the opera to the boardroom with ease. I also like the fact that the movements are not in-house movements. I would much prefer that the movements be accessible to any competent watchmaker.

Distinct shapes
    Unique materials
    Beautiful designs
    Limited quantities
    Rugged build quality
    Luxury without snobbery
    I agree with your comment on movements. It takes a lot of r&d to develop movements and if Anonimo tried doing it, we wouldnt see the innovations they make for case designs and all the other aspects of the watch. Just look at Panerai, theyre basically churning out the same old watch designs since theyre so focused on making movements.
    Rolex Explorer II 216570
    Panerai
    PAM 112
    Rolex Two-Tone Datejust
    Anonimo D-Date II
    Concord Impresario
    Seiko Sumo
    Casio MDV106

I'm wearing a unique, well crafted watch and bracelet with an interesting history that I will probably never see anyone else wearing. In a world of look-a-likes it's nice to have something different.
    N
    Caveat lector

Best cases in the industry and i love the simple dial on my older Millemetri trilogeo!

JayVeeez likes this.

Trevor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information