What Happened?...
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: What Happened?...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

What Happened?...

What happened to Anonimo?? And their USA counterpart?..

What Happened?...

Quote Originally Posted by DonQuixote View Post
    What happened to Anonimo?? And their USA counterpart?..
    Search is your friend, mate. In one word: kaputt.

Re: What Happened?...

went to the land of unicorns and rainbows

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by korneevy View Post
    Search is your friend, mate. In one word: kaputt.
    Sorry, over-reacted..

They're actually not totally kaputt; they have some new models, revamping going on, etc. and just pulled out of the USA. Moved locations too but still casing in Italy.

The new Anonimo just uses the old brand name. They no longer service the old watches. Collection is new as well. Some cases look similar to the old models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WUS is probably the best place to research for anything anonimo.
    kaputt is a good word to sum it up.

if you dig the historic nimos, I will suggest that you don't go near the new Anonimos. they are of totally different breeds. Based on the photographs, the finish and quality of the new case is miles away from the originals. Made in italy has became more of a marketing thing.

If you dig the new nimos, because of you have seen them in flesh and now are chasing after them, please do share your thoughts with us unbelievers. Tho, I strongly doubt that's the case.

Cheers!!

Quote Originally Posted by DonQuixote View Post
    Sorry, over-reacted..

They're actually not totally kaputt; they have some new models, revamping going on, etc. and just pulled out of the USA. Moved locations too but still casing in Italy.

I have yet to see one instance, photo, story of anyone actually getting hands on one of the new pieces. It's seriously as if not one was sold yet

What Happened?...

I have it on a good authority that there has been not a single series (eg more than 10 watches of same model) produced in Switzerland, apart from the el-cheapo prototypes assembled in company offices (not a manufacture) outside of Geneva. I think the curtain is pretty much drawn for the brand, and it will go on a shelf someplace next to a myriad of other brands (Waltham, anyone?) that tried and failed to resurrect the old glory when the new - and very incompetent- owners took over the remains of the old brand, amen.
    Last edited by korneevy; December 5th, 2014 at 05:53.

Ah yeah I haven't seen the new ones in the flesh and they look quite un-classic to the history and their origins, I wouldn't want to purchase one from what I've seen on their site. I agree with you whywatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, please allow me to jump in here, although I have been chastised in the past since this is the Anonimo Firenze forum.

I am Mike Margolis, and I am the sales agent for North America for the new Anonimo SA.

Yes we have watches, yes, they have been produced, and yes they are shipping to dealers around the world. You have seen in another thread photos of the new product in a USA dealer (although the display was delayed and came a day or two after the watches, and after the photo).

We've had a lot of changes in the past few months, and there is a very competent leadership team now in Europe in charge of the brand. It turns out that there are quite a lot of Firenze spare parts, and they are being inventoried and catalogued as I write this. All is not lost for the Firenze owner.

I am quite excited about the future of the brand, there is finances in place, manufacturing in place, and the Basel releases for 2015 will be strong.

Now, if you are a lover of Firenze and a hater of SA, then please take this good news: there is 10x a better chance that we have the parts for your watch than there was under the former SAV director, who had the standard comment of "No parts for that watch."

Even though a grand total of ONE of you has seen the SA watches, and he gave a positive viewpoint, I hope that you'll remain positive for this one thing, and let's forget all the history: Without the current owner, there would be NO ANONIMO at all. The company was bankrupt and were it not purchased, would be like Saab or Packard. We are alive and well, producing cases in Italy, watches in Switzerland, and carrying on the Anonimo name.
    John Price and Minion like this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information