What watch brands will you migrate to?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What watch brands will you migrate to?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What watch brands will you migrate to?

It looks like Anomimo will be gone soon. Or even if they don't go away completely, it looks like their new line is very unpopular on here. I've owned four Anomimos and loved the early designs, especially the Millemetri and Mitare. I more or less gave up on the brand several years ago when I needed help and Anomimo USA wouldn't respond to my emails.

I was wondering what brands Anomimo owners will migrate to going forward. Panerai, U-boat, Sinn maybe?

sent from my Note 2
    Last edited by ffeelliixx; April 22nd, 2013 at 11:29.

Exclusively chronographs with rotating bezel and date.
    ______
    Breitling Heritage Chrono Rose Gold 46mm
    Breitling for ​Bentley Supersports Light Body
    Breitling Navitimer 50th Anniversary
    Breitling Montbrillant Datora
    Breitling Avenger Skyland GreySteel Mod
    Tutima Flieger Chronograph F2 UTC Mod
    U-Boat U-42 Chrono 47mm
    Damasko DC66 Black
    Damasko DC67 Black
    Sinn 757
    Sinn 900 Flieger
    Sinn 900 S Black Flieger
    Glycine Lagunare Chrono L1000
    Victorinox Alpnach Auto Chrono 1st Gen
    Victorinox Divemaster 500 Chrono Black
    Victorinox Divemaster 500 Chrono Orange
    Hamilton X-Wind Black PVD Rose Gold
    Hamilton X-Wind Mod
    Hamilton Flight Timer
    CX Swiss Military Navy Diver Red
    CX Swiss Military Navy Diver Black

Re: What watch brands will you migrate to?

I've been an LW fan for quite some time, so I'm looking to add another. With quite high pricing though, I doubt I'll ever have more than 1 or 2 at a time in the foreseeable future. Have been a long time Sinn fan too, so always contemplating adding another. Tudor are doing good things these days, and JLC are always a favourite. I just purchased a PAM, so I see my funds heading toward all of these brands at some point.
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

I've already migrated to JLC. But in all honesty, I cant see myself wearing just one brand - I like a variety. Having 1 PAM, a coupe of Nimos, a classic 36mm AP Royak Oak and JLC Master Compressor Chrono pretty much cover it for me at the moment. I will not be expanding any further by additional pieces, just trading and replacing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Panerai ,jlc,seiko grand seiko,bremont

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

very interesting topic.

Although panerai is a respectable and very popular brand, I don't think they have the same essence. They are often compared with one another because of their italian and dive watch heritage. The recent panerai feels less toolish than the pre-2013 anonimo and more of a luxurious status-quo accessory. Since I'm no panerai fanatic, and many will rightfully disagree, I really feel that owning any one of the panerai is the same as owning another. Well, maybe not entirely, but close to me.
    The "historic" anonimo on the other hand, especially after the introduction of the dino zei line, has got so many different flavors. Each line got its own story. Most of them are dive watch or dive watch with military influences. However, unlike many other brands, we don't see any typical flieger or derivatives, nor we do see any rotating bezels resemble the look of rolex. In the pro line, the contemporary font and hands make the dial looks modern. Paired with a large sized, industrial looking case, the result is unique and an instant classic. Similar traits combination of modern and industrial can be found in many anonimo watches. The lines that they came up with are really in a class of its own. In the price range, and style-wise, I really don't see anything that's got what anonimo had to offer.

Sinn might have a leg up on all the technological features that they got, but they certainly don't have a line up as colorful as nimo. Bremont and LW both got unique and wonderful looking watches, loaded with features, ETA movements, but both got more focused designs that result in a narrower range of products.

as for U-boat - just because it's big and colorful watch,i don't think it's in the same class as nimo.

so, I don't think I can migrate to a different brand, because there just isn't that can be put on the other end of the scale. To me it's more of a question about reallocating the funds to other products rather than finding a replacement for nimos.

and if you asked me, what do I want to spend the money I saved from not buying the nimos on?

Here's a list of what's next for me, but none of them can replace the original nimos.

1. Bremont MBII
    2. MIH
    3. Nomo Zurich WT
    StefB likes this.

Migrate? I'm not migrating anywhere. I love ANONIMO and I don't see why I shouldn't be sticking around just because ownership has changed..Same happened to Panerai by the way. I may not like the new offerings I have seen so far, but still plenty of the historic models for me out there.
    Best regards,
    Guillermo

Current NIMO's

ANONIMO GLAUCO BRONZE /DRASS (bezel), black dial
    ANONIMO GLAUCO II BRONZE, black guilloche dial

others

Seiko Marinemaster MM300 SBDX001
    Seiko Marinemaster MM600 SBDB001

Quote Originally Posted by torromoto View Post
    Migrate? I'm not migrating anywhere. I love ANONIMO and I don't see why I shouldn't be sticking around just because ownership has changed..Same happened to Panerai by the way. I may not like the new offerings I have seen so far, but still plenty of the historic models for me out there.
    Let's just hope the new owners are like richmont, then the value of the historic models will be astronomical.

Quote Originally Posted by whywatch9 View Post
    Let's just hope the new owners are like richmont, then the value of the historic models will be astronomical.
    Amen to this...but history shows that for every richemond there is a dozen of wannabies who drive their newly acquired brands right into the ground. So far those at the new helm of anonimo leadership haven't shown any degree of entrepreneurship or respect to the heritage so I don't have much hope, frankly...but I would love to be proven wrong!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by korneevy; April 22nd, 2013 at 19:00.
    DDD3333 likes this.

Double post, sorry
    Last edited by korneevy; April 22nd, 2013 at 18:59.

I am still missing a pro bracelet and a Dino Zei. May be I'll get them one day may be not. But the watch that is holding most of my attention lately is Ressence Type III.
    whywatch9 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information