What's a fair price for Cronoscopio Mark II 2018
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Moment Rider
  • 1 Post By JayVeeez

Thread: What's a fair price for Cronoscopio Mark II 2018

What's a fair price for Cronoscopio Mark II 2018

Hi folks,

I've been thinking about buying an Anonimo and I've always fancied a Cronoscopio. Can you tell me what's a fair price for a standard shiny (not drass, not Nero) Cronoscopio Mark II 2018?

What is the real case diameter of the watch? Some specs say 43.5 mm, some say 46.5.

Also, are they hard or expensive to maintain?

Thanks for your help.

P

Re: What's a fair price for Cronoscopio Mark II 2018

The prices fluctuate but I've seen them as low as 1200.00. Touch of modern and overstock seem to run promos on these every few months. I would wait for one of those deals if you're set on the cronscopio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    proodscot likes this.

Yeah this is a tough question to answer. The above response is true, and that would be the rock bottom. I know I paid at least twice that for my Firenze dial including shipping, in absolutely mint condition with box and extra strap.

I also want a Hamilton Pan Europ, which were about $600 on Black Friday. So, that's why it's a tough question. People will pay more than the minimum and do so all the time to get exactly what they want for their collection. I would likely do the same for the Pan Europ since I know a once in a while discount like that is not realistic now.

With a historical Anonimo however, you could be waiting a long time to get exactly what you want. Honestly, there is always another sale for everything. But scarcity does still drive prices on all watches, and if you wait too long you risk waiting forever if you want to buy a rare Anonimo for the price of a Quartz Longines. But good luck to you and be sure to post if you get one!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by JayVeeez; April 12th, 2017 at 17:01.
    proodscot likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JayVeeez View Post
    Yeah this is a tough question to answer. The above response is true, and that would be the rock bottom. I know I paid at least twice that for my Firenze dial including shipping, in absolutely mint condition with box and extra strap.

I also want a Hamilton Pan Europ, which were about $600 on Black Friday. So, that's why it's a tough question. People will pay more than the minimum and do so all the time to get exactly what they want for their collection. I would likely do the same for the Pan Europ since I know a once in a while discount like that is not realistic now.

With a historical Anonimo however, you could be waiting a long time to get exactly what you want. Honestly, there is always another sale for everything. But scarcity does still drive prices on all watches, and if you wait too long you risk waiting forever if you want to buy a rare Anonimo for the price of a Quartz Longines. But good luck to you and be sure to post if you get one!
    Is that your watch JayVeeez? It is the same as the one I may get myself. What is that strap it is on? Looks great.

Thanks! Yep, mine!

It's a StrapsCo. Distressed leather strap. You can buy them from Strapsco or Amazon. I've got it on an XL DeBeers leather now.

This one is not the "shiny" special edition, but the regular version with a closed case back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

OK, so I assume when you talk of A Touch of Modern and Overstock sales these are promotions of the new Anonimos made in Switzerland - From the Anonimo website it seems they don't make a Cronoscopio model anymore, but I do see new line Cronoscopios for sale that I imagine they have made in Switzerland recently - is that right? I am after the original, Italian made version.

Quote Originally Posted by proodscot View Post
    OK, so I assume when you talk of A Touch of Modern and Overstock sales these are promotions of the new Anonimos made in Switzerland - From the Anonimo website it seems they don't make a Cronoscopio model anymore, but I do see new line Cronoscopios for sale that I imagine they have made in Switzerland recently - is that right? I am after the original, Italian made version.
    Every blue moon/occasionally Firenze models show up on TOM.

The Swiss ones seem to have been a lot easier to find and more prominently discounted lately.

Swiss Cronoscopio models say Swiss made on them, have 3 sub dials, and the new logo. Ebay is loaded with them now, TOM has had them a few times IIRC.

check touch of modern now....anonimos are up there for a few days and pricing seems OK.

Thread Information