Which would you get?

Thread: Which would you get?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Which would you get?

If say you could get either one, at the same price, brand new, which would you get and would get more wrist time?

Polluce Deep Blue on bracelet

Polluce Bronze orange on kodiak

The bronze is a lovely addition to my Nautilo bronze, but that orange is loud! I have and orange monster which is my go-to tool watch so I am no stranger to it. That said, have yet to experience an Anonimo bracelet.
    Current COLLECTION
    Anonimo Dino Zei Nautilo Bronze | Breitling Avenger Skyland | Helson Sharkmaster | Linde Werdelin "The One" 2.6 | Longines Master Collection MoonPhase | IWC Aquatimer Chrono Cousteau Diver 2006 | Longines Classic Dress | MontBlanc Sports | Omega Speedmaster Pro 3572.50 | Omega Seamaster (Vintage) | RXW MM20 | Seiko Orange Monster |

Sadly gone
    Anonimo Hi-Dive OxPro hybrid | Anonimo Professionale Mod.6003 | Bell&Ross BR02 | Cartier Santos 100XL | IWC Aquatimer 3179-03 | Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor Diving Chronograph | Linde Werdelin Hard Black II | Magratte Nautico | Magratte Regattare Bronze | Rolex Submariner Z-series | TAG Heuer Link Chrono | Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.51 | Panerai PAM111I | Seiko Monster Yobokies modded | Sinn U1 | Sinn U1 | Sinn U1 Tempus | Seiko FFF |

Re: Which would you get?

Personally I'd get the bronze one just because I'd love to have a bronze cased watch. And I'm not a huge fan of bracelets too.

Whichever you choose I don't think there's really a wrong choice here.

Cheers!
    Anonimo D-Date, Seiko SNKM97, Omega AT8500, Linde Werdelin 3 Timer, Sinn 104, Tudor Black Bay Midnight Blue, G-Shock X Undefeated, G-Shock X Maharishi

Quote Originally Posted by kingk View Post
    Personally I'd get the bronze one just because I'd love to have a bronze cased watch. And I'm not a huge fan of bracelets too.

Whichever you choose I don't think there's really a wrong choice here.

Cheers!
    Agreed, and I am a bronze junky :D But man that orange is loud. Reckon Anonimo will trade me a black dial for the orange one? :D

Oh and its definitely going for an AR coating as well after I get it.
    Current COLLECTION
    Anonimo Dino Zei Nautilo Bronze | Breitling Avenger Skyland | Helson Sharkmaster | Linde Werdelin "The One" 2.6 | Longines Master Collection MoonPhase | IWC Aquatimer Chrono Cousteau Diver 2006 | Longines Classic Dress | MontBlanc Sports | Omega Speedmaster Pro 3572.50 | Omega Seamaster (Vintage) | RXW MM20 | Seiko Orange Monster |

Sadly gone
    Anonimo Hi-Dive OxPro hybrid | Anonimo Professionale Mod.6003 | Bell&Ross BR02 | Cartier Santos 100XL | IWC Aquatimer 3179-03 | Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor Diving Chronograph | Linde Werdelin Hard Black II | Magratte Nautico | Magratte Regattare Bronze | Rolex Submariner Z-series | TAG Heuer Link Chrono | Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.51 | Panerai PAM111I | Seiko Monster Yobokies modded | Sinn U1 | Sinn U1 | Sinn U1 Tempus | Seiko FFF |

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have both exact dials so maybe my impressions might be useful. First, though, you yourself said twice that orange is "loud" which seems to suggest maybe it is too "loud" for you--you know yourself better than anyone, so I wouldn't simply ignore your inner "voices." As for my impressions: Since you do have a bronze Dino, you know you like it, the only real question is, do you like the orange dial A LOT?--I wouldn't buy it just because it is cheap, especially if you would rather have the black dial bronze Polluce--they do turn up fairly frequently, and might be worth waiting for.

The blue dial Polluce is very attractive, though more average/modest, and looks good on the bracelet, though I think the bracelet goes best with either the black dial or the yellow dial. I have aftermarket straps on 4 of my 5 Nimos, and can't find a place to put the one bracelet that I have, as impressive as the bracelet is.

If they are the same price, then for me, hands down, the bronze, but you do already have one bronze, and you really aren't sure about the orange, so perhaps the Blue dial makes more sense for you--the bracelet purchased separately is EXPENSIVE, so if the price is low, then the blue dial/bracelet combo makes good sense, especially if you are having some issues with the orange dial.

I liked my orange dial bronze Polluce so much I ended up getting the black dial bronze as well--make for a great pair. Ultimately you can't go wrong with either. (I might as well throw in the inevitable: Of course, if you can afford it, get both!)

Don't know why you think you need to have your Nimo AR coated--one of the myths about nimos--unless you work under florescent-light all day long, I doubt you will ever notice a need for it. The only time I have ever seen any kind of problem is on the tiny inner mounted cyclops over the date on my Militare--otherwise I have never once been bothered by reflections. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by timefleas; January 28th, 2011 at 12:19.
    Less is More...

Thanks so much for the insights mate. I already have the bronze Dino Zei Nautilo which is a favorite of mine.

Here's a shot of the Orange Polluce on my wrist;

I went back to the shop and tried both on and the blue Polluce just at the end doesn't speak to me. Will sleep on it regarding the orange but am very tempted.
    Current COLLECTION

Sadly gone

Bronze all the way, I too am a bronze junkie. Although I would recommend you take the plastic wrapper off when you wear the watch, having them on your couch is one thing, but the watch is a whole other issue.
    Cheers,
    Rob

Keepers (for now):

PAM240J
    PAM285K

PAM305O
    PAM321L

PAM359M

Omega PO (2200.50.00)
    Omega PO (232.32.46.21.01.005)

Omega PO GoodPlanet GMT (232.30.44.22.03.001)
    Omega X-33 Gen2
    Omega Railmaster XXL

Sinn U2
    Sinn 857 UTC
    JeanRichard Terrascope (black)
    Anonimo Marlin (#11/198)
    Oris Aquis Ti
    Linde Werdelin The One (#10/88 black)
    Kobold LSD
    Seiko SBDD003
    Heroic18 M9600 LE Bronze

Aerospace Advantage E79362 (blue)
    Bathys Benthic Ti (black)
    Casio ProTrek (PAG-240)
    Suunto Core (regular red)
    Suunto Core (regular black)
    Suunto X10M
    Suunto X-Lander (Military)

hahaha I was just trying it out ;)

Anyhow, decided to give it a miss and picked something else up instead. Pics soon :D
    Current COLLECTION

Sadly gone

Looking forward to the pictures.
    Cheers,
    Rob

Keepers (for now):

PAM240J
    PAM285K

PAM305O
    PAM321L

PAM359M

Omega PO (2200.50.00)
    Omega PO (232.32.46.21.01.005)

Omega PO GoodPlanet GMT (232.30.44.22.03.001)
    Omega X-33 Gen2
    Omega Railmaster XXL

Sinn U2
    Sinn 857 UTC
    JeanRichard Terrascope (black)
    Anonimo Marlin (#11/198)
    Oris Aquis Ti
    Linde Werdelin The One (#10/88 black)
    Kobold LSD
    Seiko SBDD003
    Heroic18 M9600 LE Bronze

Aerospace Advantage E79362 (blue)
    Bathys Benthic Ti (black)
    Casio ProTrek (PAG-240)
    Suunto Core (regular red)
    Suunto Core (regular black)
    Suunto X10M
    Suunto X-Lander (Military)

Bronze for me....definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Willith View Post
    Looking forward to the pictures.
    Pics here mate:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/for...ml#post3660195
    Current COLLECTION

Sadly gone

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information