yet another cheap yellow Pro... weird.
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: yet another cheap yellow Pro... weird.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

yet another cheap yellow Pro... weird.

Bloody strange that yet another yellow faced Pro on ebay for cheap. I think it was $1200 the last one two months ago.
    Here is the link for the latest one:
    Anonimo Professionale Dive Watch Yellow Dial $8650 Duemilametri Limited Ed 250 | eBay
    use it!

Re: yet another cheap yellow Pro... weird.

Not weird if nobody bids on it..
    Best regards,
    Guillermo

Current NIMO's

ANONIMO GLAUCO BRONZE /DRASS (bezel), black dial
    ANONIMO GLAUCO II BRONZE, black guilloche dial

others

Seiko Marinemaster MM300 SBDX001
    Seiko Marinemaster MM600 SBDB001

I bought them both--so, that's about $1500 each, for 2....and yes, both BNIB...the one in the link above is the pale yellow with white accents and numerals, and the one for $1200 is the more common yellow with green accents. (I actually could have got this last one cheaper, but I pestered the seller constantly while he had it listed at $2300 to lower it to $1850, so when he lowered it to a $1300 reserve, $1850 Buy it Now, I honored my agreement.) Obviously yellow is not to everyone's liking, and even though I generally prefer black dials myself, there is something about the yellow Pro that I find very attractive--AND, nobody, else has anything similar. I am actually talking to a dial refinisher about doing a custom repaint on the pale yellow/white since I don't care at all about the after or resale market on these--if that comes to nothing, if worse comes to worst, then I will use one to keep the other running (and I will still be looking for other similar bargains). (And, JFYI, the only other yellow Pro that actually sold recently on the bay went for $1500, while one listed at $3800 sold, but was not paid for, and is back on the block.)
    [Correction: I bought one at $1500 and the other at $1850, whoever got the $1200 indeed got a steal!]
    Peter
    Last edited by timefleas; June 3rd, 2014 at 06:20.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Gee, I would have sold you mine for $1800 I love the cases on the Pros but the yellow one is not easy on my eyes in the daytime, and the lume leaves something to be desired. I sent it to IWW for lume but Jack didn't even want to touch it.

TimeFleas,
    I think you got a great deal, well done. Like you said, even if it's just for parts. Congratulations.
    use it!

Quote Originally Posted by CrispinRobles View Post
    Gee, I would have sold you mine for $1800 I love the cases on the Pros but the yellow one is not easy on my eyes in the daytime, and the lume leaves something to be desired. I sent it to IWW for lume but Jack didn't even want to touch it.
    That sounds odd. The Pro case has to be just about the easiest case to open, and once there, a simple removal of the hands and you are down to the dial. Nothing fancy there, just a plain flat dial, with only a mini Cyclops lens for the date--any watch repair person should be able to access the Pro dial. I am guessing Jack doesn't have the Nimo logo templates or whatever they use when re-applying the dial details after painting--most folks these days can copy that quite easily off the original, though. For me and my discussions with the dial refinisher, the only issues are determining whether my color scheme is feasible or not.

Timefleas

…..whether my color scheme is feasible or not.

What were you considering color-wise - something totally off-reservation, or just classic with a twist?

One idea is to recreate the Orange dial/yellow/black accent scheme from the Anonimo Bronze Polluce, the other to do something like either the Black dial bronze Polluce (yellow markers) or something like the Marlin (black or tobacco dial, yellow and red/orange markers)--still haven't heard either way from the redialer. A third, doable option is simply to have the numerals and hour markers relumed from the present white to orange or something like that. While I like the yellow/green version, the yellow/white is a little too pale and/or plain for me. [Love the tobacco dial Marlin, but the case is just too big for me, and while I also really like the bronze Polluce "10 Anni" versions, bronze watches go best with leather straps, and due to the hot and humid area that I live in, I prefer something I can put a steel bracelet on.]
    Last edited by timefleas; June 5th, 2014 at 08:57.
    DDD3333 and phunky_monkey like this.

Interesting, please keep us posted!

Personally I like the sound of the Marlin version - black or tobacco dial, yellow and red/orange markers, but it would be cool to see anything out of the ordinary!

Big congrats on both Peter..A bargain for sure...Lovely watch..
    Best regards,
    Guillermo

Current NIMO's

ANONIMO GLAUCO BRONZE /DRASS (bezel), black dial
    ANONIMO GLAUCO II BRONZE, black guilloche dial

others

Seiko Marinemaster MM300 SBDX001
    Seiko Marinemaster MM600 SBDB001

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information