$250 for this DW 6900..... Worth it?

Thread: $250 for this DW 6900..... Worth it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

$250 for this DW 6900..... Worth it?

Re: $250 for this DW 6900..... Worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by GeeBeeCee View Post
    I have asked such a question before and the answer was "Depends on you."

If you like it, then its worth it. If you don't like it, you'll think its not worth a dime. Cheers.

I'm not a G-Shock collector or expert on limited editions, so all I'll say is, I would be prepared to pay that for it. That's the most appealing special edition I've seen, as I'm interested in feudal Japan and samurais. I wish I'd not seen it now, it's quite tempting and I don't have the funds.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Some people would "my wife" say that im nuts for spending $150.00 on a digital watch. However, its all in what makes ya happy in life. Life is to short sometimes to sweat the small stuff. I say "do it up"..lol

I'm 100% with previous posters.

Take me for example, I really wanted a 25th anewersary Frog.. so I preordered one for 300 (310 shipped).

Too much ? Perhaps, but I really wanted one.

Same thing with this model. If you see it as "something special" for you you'll get it regardless of the price as long as you can afford it... if not .... you wont.

One man garbage is another man treasure.

i think for a 6900, it is a high price, for a similar price there is an ICERC Gulfman on ebay.. but as the others say, its up to you

Quote Originally Posted by duke4c View Post
    I'm 100% with previous posters.

Take me for example, I really wanted a 25th anewersary Frog.. so I preordered one for 300 (310 shipped).

Too much ? Perhaps, but I really wanted one.

Same thing with this model. If you see it as "something special" for you you'll get it regardless of the price as long as you can afford it... if not .... you wont.

One man garbage is another man treasure.
    Im with you on that.. I did the same.. I also took the plunge for another Froggie..

If you have the money and feel its worth it.. lets face it.. its a limited one and not easy to get so for you $250 can be worth if you really want it.

If I had been from the beginning collecting frogmans I would have tried and buy all releases just to get a complete collection.

I collect DVDs.. some dvds I have 4 of the same movie... why? Well.. limited collectors cases only made in 5000pcs for different regions..
    In the end.. you money and your mind
    /CutePape
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.” - James Byron Dean

Wink Re: $250 for this DW 6900..... Worth it?

Well, there is nothing to be added I think. It's just that I do not like the color scheme (red/white flag on light earth colors sticks out in a negative way for me). I believe this model is important for Japanese people. I have seen several collectors with it. My friend mr. Yamazaru-San just placed a picture in his photo diary blog, while it normally is stricktly non G-Shock.

The KIKS TYO DW-5600 costed me including tax also above $225.-. I like the design and I had some spare money left. It is indeed a basic G with a print on it, but it's the print and the brands it stands for that appeals to me. I guess that 6900 is probably worth it's price.

Cheers,

Sjors
    Last edited by Sjors; November 17th, 2007 at 22:04.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

One thing I will add is that the secondary market for Special Edition 6900's is pretty low. Spending lots of money on a 6900 is much different than on something like a Frogman which historically has retained value.

There are dozens upon dozens of Special Edition 6900's that have been released and off the top of my head, the only ones that really do well on the resale market are the Bapes and possibly the Stussy, and the Bape's success is due to the fact that the people who buy them are not Casio collectors. So, statistically speaking, that 6900 has it's odds stacked against it as far as collectiblity. It could happen though.

If you like the watch, have the money then it's worth it to you.

Hi,

I wasn't expecting to see my watch become part of a discussion....

I say its mine but actually its my brothers. I received two of them late on Friday night so I called my brother in Belgium to see what he wanted to do with his.
    We've started selling a few watches on ebay. I get them and he sells them. With this one we thought we would try the watchuseek forums.
    As the forums attract collectors and enthusiasts who would probably most appreciate it.

As Sjors said its quite an important model for the Japanese people. I've shown photos of it to teachers at my schools (both male and female).
    They were all really impressed and wanted me to bring one in to show them. Everyone knows about him here.
    He is a really important figure in Japanese history.

Like Lexxorcist, I'm also interested in the history of Japan and the samurais (your avatars Zatoichi, isn't it?). So for me this watch is really special.

I will defiantly be keeping mine

Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information